Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vacamion

Wolves away Carabao Cup 0-0 (City win 3-1 on pens) Post Match

Not sure what to make of tonight!

We've clearly got a talented squad of players but their decision making leaves a lot to be desired sometimes.

Seem to be the model of inconsistency atm but hopefully we'll keep improving. Delighted to go through and Ward is a hero.

Wish we'd keep hold of the fvckin ball better though!

Think overall we deserved that win anyway. Happy for Ward as that would have given him a lot of confidence. 

First half was better than second half but still some good stuff on show. 

Defence was pretty decent today but for a couple of lapses in concentration. Same with the passing. 

• Like 1

On the balance of the game I felt like we shaded it. We were great in the first half and spurned numerous opportunities to go ahead. They also had some good chances and certainly finished the stronger but I think deserve to go through.

Cracking saves from Ward, which is highly fortunate given our penalties were horrendous.

Let's all hope Demari isn't out for too long :fc:. He's improved a lot this season and he got injured trying to help out the team defensively which he has really chipped in with this year.

Also there is one benefit to winning a penalty shootout - the confidence it will give players. I think for players like Nacho and Choudhury that taking penalties (even if Hamza's was awful) helps make you a man. It's easy to criticize sitting here, but it takes stones to step up in front of a partisan home crowd and put it away. It will make them all stronger for the experience.

Good enough in normal time and I think if the best chances hadn't fallen to Albrighton we'd have won it then. Penalty shootout was a series of dire takes from us that somehow scored and superb work from Ward.

Shame for gray though, the way he went over looked like spring before we see him again