Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Vacamion

Wolves away Carabao Cup 0-0 (City win 3-1 on pens) Post Match

3 hours ago, Countryfox said:

Bleedin commentator on ESPN says ‘don’t forget Wolves are missing a few players’ ...   fook off ! ...   so are we !! .... all this Wolves bleedin love in !! ...   we beat their first team ...   now our stiffs beat their stiffs ...   stick that in your fookin black cuntry pipe and smoke it ! ...

we could beat them a 100 times I honestly think it wouldnt make a difference 

1 hour ago, Suzie the Fox said:

I thought Iborra had a great game, although I do agree with you about silva. 

Iborra impressed me on both sides of the ball. It will sound mental, but I was actually wondering what he'd look like paired with Mendy instead of Ndidi, with Ndidi persistently our worst passer, and his shot is almost as bad as his passing. 

I could see Iborra coming in late for one of them if we need a goal late in upcoming games. He is a real playmaker, is physical in the air, gives us someone besides Maddison who can thread the assist through traffic.

He needs a 4-3-3 tho, doesn't he? Less ground to cover, plus his ability to attack recommends him in a 3.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, wokinghamfox said:

Cant believe that Nuno has commented that he felt his team controlled most of the game and created the greater number of chances. 

Look at the stats which prove otherwise. Watching the whole game live i thought we could have won it comfortably.

For the first 20-30mins we were very much in control but it evened out as the game developed and at times in the second half they were on top and should've scored at least once.

Was clear from both teams rotation, our strength in depth is abundant compared to Wolves who are still carrying a number of Championship standard players (Cavaleiro, Vinegar, Gibbs-White & Coady), good ones at that but when we brought in Ward, Fuchs, Ricardo, Iborra, Albrighton on top of starting Vardy. They just haven't had the chance to build up the squad we have and it told early on - Otto looks a decent player and Dendoncker is classy but that was all of their quality, Cavaleiro was terrible.

On your point, I'm not gonna say their manager was wrong, on the whole the game was even, 0-0 was fitting. He has to handle the media's perceived image of him with what he says, his standards ect. and that image is what they write their daily articles with and stereotype until the day he leaves or does something else headline worthy. Additionally he could've just briefed his lads they were unlucky, should've won and stuff to boost the back-up players morale who played, then when faced by the media didn't want to send out a mixed message across the press. Everything a manager says needs to be taken with a pinch of salt. Championship era Nige ended up so tired of dealing with certain journos because they prioritised their own interests over fair interviews and he stopped talking to them, it still stands to this day with none of the players taking to Stringerlol

So anyway, I can understand why most managers say weird stuff. Although modern Mourinho is a complete gimp

Bit of a strange match - we were so dominant in the first half, it really felt like their 'against the run of play' goal was inevitable (if you know what I mean). 

Thought Iborra was fantastic - obviously very solid in midfield, but also really important in terms of set pieces at both ends of the pitch. I have stuck by Silva throughout all the grumblings, but really thought he was poor last night, unfortunately. Feel he needs a goal as he is so reluctant to shoot, and when he does it seems a half hearted effort.

Lots of people around me moaning about Ghezzal. I still rate him personally, but a lot of people seem to be getting frustrated with him already (in the same way they did with Mahrez to be fair). I think he really missed being able to link up with Maddison last night. Talking of Maddison it really showed last night what a difference he makes to the team in terms of linking the midfield and attack... just need Harvey Barnes now to develop over this season so the two of them can take turns with that role as we can't just rely on Maddison  every match. 

Then of course Danny Ward! I thought he had a pretty confident match throughout, before the heroics of the penalties. Saw a few comments from Liverpool fans on Twitter expressing their disappointment that Liverpool let him go. I know it was a controversial one, but think we have done pretty well there.

Now for the fourth round draw... 

• Like 2

It seemed like a game that neither side wanted to win - or perhaps more correctly, wanted to score in. Even the penalties. But that man Ward, he's our hero of the night.

Some thoughts; is Ricardo a lightweight 'cause he seems to get skittled fairly easily, not convinced he's a right back for us. I like Iborra - there's something about his calm that suggests talent and the ability to read a game - shame he's probably just a wee bit too slow maybe, seems to amble about. Iheanacho - boy is that swagger confidence, I thought he was going to join the list of players to miss a penalty, for me not a lone striker. Gray - that injury looked nasty at the time, hopefully it's just a strain. Morgan - I think this is going to sound weird but I think he tries to do too much - less is more, like Evans (not that I've decided one over the other yet) Ghezzal - jury's still out for me, there's defo skill there, and I like that he's defensively capable, but there's something that I'm not seeing (and I don't know what it is) Okazaki - love him to bits but we've sadly no place for him now. Silva, still seems 14 seconds too late (harsh, just an excuse for a joke but he's not all I hoped he'd be)

Edited by FoxNotFox
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, wokinghamfox said:

Cant believe that Nuno has commented that he felt his team controlled most of the game and created the greater number of chances. 

Look at the stats which prove otherwise. Watching the whole game live i thought we could have won it comfortably.

They did to be honest, from the second half onwards.

It played out like a game between two sides who'd made a lot of changes really. Thought we shaded it generally and first half were pretty impressive. Ward the obvious hero but didnt have much to do in 90 minutes. Iborra the standout in normal time, ran the game at times. The erratic Ricardo and Albrighton the most disappointing for me. The latter especially worrying with Gray's injury. We all know he works hard or whatever but he is so lacking in composure and technique at crucial times. 

1 hour ago, Max Power said:

It played out like a game between two sides who'd made a lot of changes really. Thought we shaded it generally and first half were pretty impressive. Ward the obvious hero but didnt have much to do in 90 minutes. Iborra the standout in normal time, ran the game at times. The erratic Ricardo and Albrighton the most disappointing for me. The latter especially worrying with Gray's injury. We all know he works hard or whatever but he is so lacking in composure and technique at crucial times. 

Yeah, Albrighton was poor last night but he is the only player who is still keen on getting that early ball through to Vardy.