Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Daniel Amartey

I'm really pleased for the lad. Always liked his character even when he was putting in a few shoddy performances in the middle of the park.

He's still young, and is showing with a bit of consistent game time his performance levels are improving.

For me, right back is his best position and I reckon he'd be good as the right sided centre half in a back three if we ever give that a go.

Him and Ricardo paired up the right hand side should be the default from here - Big Dan improving in both his forward runs and passing, Ricardo carrying the ball really well and offering ample support in defence. Good stuff.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

You suggesting his cattermole poster might yet be replaced by one of super danny Amartey? 

I heard Col has ordered a personalised Big Dan Amartey bed quilt and pillows with Big Dan's beautiful face on them. 

• Haha 1

No surprise players being written off too soon even when they’ve never had a decent run in the side preferable when the team is putting in half decent performances.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, turtmcfly said:

He looks very 'deliberate' when he passes the ball, which I think is what a lot of people take to be being scared of it. It's the opposite of nonchalantly stroking it around which normally you'd take as a sign of quality, but I really think it's a style thing rather than down to a lack of confidence

Completely agree. I was one of those people. 

1 minute ago, davieG said:

No surprise players being written off too soon even when they’ve never had a decent run in the side preferable when the team is putting in half decent performances.

I think this is key for Amartey.  I think he is a confidence player or maybe a little fragile.  He often looks a little bewildered and a little 'rabbit caught in headlights'.

I think, the fact that he has not had a decent run in the side coupled with apparent confidence issues leads to him perhaps trying too hard and making brain fart mistakes such as the two Man United games.  If he knows he's got a good chance of playing the next game, I think he can relax and it shows in his game.

Anyway, good to see him doing well.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, murphy said:

I think this is key for Amartey.  I think he is a confidence player or maybe a little fragile.  He often looks a little bewildered and a little 'rabbit caught in headlights'.

I think, the fact that he has not had a decent run in the side coupled with apparent confidence issues leads to him perhaps trying too hard and making brain fart mistakes such as the two Man United games.  If he knows he's got a good chance of playing the next game, I think he can relax and it shows in his game.

Anyway, good to see him doing well.

Most players have brain fart momentsi in their careers but it seems if your a young or foreign newbie and it happens early on then you’re automatically crap, should be dropped and never play for us again, where as if you’re an established player at the club or with a previous good reputation then it’s a hiccup and is automatically excused.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

They do both play in a similar way so this is a fair comment. But just to point out that Amartey is 23, whereas Simpson is 31. Danny Simpson will forever be remembered at Leicester for being a pivotal part of our greatest ever season and era, but he was unconvincing at the best of times last season and it's not really a surprise that he's been replaced. I do think it's harsh that he's not even considered as part of the 25 man squad, but I'd argue that Amartey at his age can only improve whereas Simpson at his probably won't. Amartey also is physically much stronger (as evidenced a number of times today) and faster at supporting the attack.

Nothing against either player, I just think on a forum where there is often a lot of negativity, it's good to also praise players when they have done well.

whoa, steady on there.... articulating a rationally reasoned position.........this is FoxesTalk.............wtf are you thinking man ?? 

• Haha 1

I’ll get excited when he does it against Players of a higher calibre than Atsu, let’s see how he does against richarlison next game.

Baring in mind Newcastle had one shot on target in 90mins and that was from 60 yards, he wasn’t exactly under the cosh.

Morgan also looked composed today, and done more defensively than Armartey according to the stats

Like most players you’re only going to improve by playing competitive games week in week out, rather than 10 minutes here and a 90 in a cup game. He did more than enough last week and improved on that this week. What more do people want? He fits in with how Puel wants to play more than Simpson (Simpson still the best defensive right back we have by a mile) and slowly his defending is improving. 

3 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

I love Big Dan on the basis that he goes to my grandma's church and he helped her up the steps last Sunday.

I know this because she told me she told me that she'd been aided by 'a handsome black lad what plays for City'. After a brief trawl through Leicester's African contingent on my phone, she confirmed it was the one with 'the lovely cheek bones' lol

Awww, bless. Nice story this one.

I think our current squad has only likable players. Mahrez was probably the only ego we had (even though he was a smashing player).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StriderHiryu said:

Awww, bless. Nice story this one.

I think our current squad has only likable players. Mahrez was probably the only ego we had (even though he was a smashing player).

Love the fact that a millionaire footballer goes to a church in the middle of Beaumont Leys. Good on him.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, turtmcfly said:

He looks very 'deliberate' when he passes the ball, which I think is what a lot of people take to be being scared of it. It's the opposite of nonchalantly stroking it around which normally you'd take as a sign of quality, but I really think it's a style thing rather than down to a lack of confidence

Like Wes. 

1 hour ago, MC Prussian said:

Remember all the knee-jerk reactions after the Manchester United away game?

Here, have some humble pie.

Calm down, he hasn't set the world alight. 

He's looked pretty good and steady and good for him but I don't think he is the long term answer at right back.

He deserved criticism after both United games.