Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Daniel Amartey

43 minutes ago, turtmcfly said:

Not for me. I was trying to say implicitly that he's a decent passer, he just looks a bit crap. Whereas Wes.... 

I meant he looks awkward passing, similarly to Wes. Whether they’re both crap at passing or not, they both look very awkward on the ball. 

18 hours ago, wokinghamfox said:

We could just play Danny Simpson, I can see little difference between Amarty and Simpson other than Simmo makes less mistakes.

Firstly we cant play Simpson as hes not registered. The main difference is that Amartey is young and improving, Simpson is getting on a bit now and won't get any better/will only get worse. We need to move forwards not back and as much as I have loved Simpson and his contribution over the past few years, we need to move on. 

36 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Firstly we cant play Simpson as hes not registered. The main difference is that Amartey is young and improving, Simpson is getting on a bit now and won't get any better/will only get worse. We need to move forwards not back and as much as I have loved Simpson and his contribution over the past few years, we need to move on. 

Simpson is registered, King isn't

14 hours ago, Paddy. said:

I love Big Dan on the basis that he goes to my grandma's church and he helped her up the steps last Sunday.

I know this because she told me that she'd been aided by 'a handsome black lad what plays for City'. After a brief trawl through Leicester's African contingent on my phone, she confirmed it was the one with 'the lovely cheek bones' lol

Haha. I like him even more.

I'm surprised Puel didn't try to improve Richardo's defending. That would have given us two wing backs. I'm happy for Amartey though, can play two positions, is putting in solid performances and is improving. More touches and a better pass competition rate than Chilwell yesterday.

I'm not sure whether it's a confidence issue but Amartey is too negative in his passing.  There was an occasion on Saturday when he got the ball on the halfway line with all the team in front of him. So what does he do,  he turns around and plays the ball back to Kasper. 

He's a slight improvement on Simpson going forward, but Simpson is a better defender. Overall I'm amazed that he might be Puel's first choice RB. 

3 minutes ago, sm1 said:

I'm not sure whether it's a confidence issue but Amartey is too negative in his passing.  There was an occasion on Saturday when he got the ball on the halfway line with all the team in front of him. So what does he do,  he turns around and plays the ball back to Kasper. 

He's a slight improvement on Simpson going forward, but Simpson is a better defender. Overall I'm amazed that he might be Puel's first choice RB. 

Eventually I imagine Ricardo will be the first choice, once he's up to speed with the league and we've worked on his defending and concentration then he'll probably drop back in.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

Eventually I imagine Ricardo will be the first choice, once he's up to speed with the league and we've worked on his defending and concentration then he'll probably drop back in.

Very possibly, But I wouldn't rule out Amartey making his own of the RB position. For a start he's  better in the air and covers the CB  position well also.

On ‎30‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 10:35, Vindaloo FOX said:

the kid is 23, he will get better with game time, solid squad player.  

It's so easy to forget this.

He'd played in the CL before he came here, and it feels like he's been here ages, but its still very early on in his career. Now that his position seems to be a bit more established at RB and he looks like getting regular gametime there (though not necessarily every week), hopefully he'll grow into it even more and become a solid player for us.

He's still prone to a slip-up and he's not been tested too much as of yet, but the early signs are relatively promising. He's never going to be a star player for us - much in the same way that Simpson wasn't - but more of an enabler, who goes about his job quietly and steadily, allowing our 'marquee' players to really play their game more freely.

On 29/09/2018 at 17:24, Unabomber said:

Like him looks pretty old for his age which makes me like him more. Like others have said I pretty much had written him off but he is one of the those players I really wanna do well. I like that Puel gives most a chance. 

Not the first time someone has made that comment about a player from Africa.

1 hour ago, Countryfox said:

And there you have it ! ...   straight from Le gob of the cheval .....    :)

1F00D761-4D7C-4004-B77D-3D6119804B5A.jpeg

Thanks for sharing that, it's insightful into both Amartey and Puel. Respect to big Dan for asking for a loan move because I think it's important for players to play in order to get better. I also think it's a good insight into Puel who has probably given Amartey a lot of confidence by keeping him at the club to develop and helping him find a position to call his own and getting him starts. Puel's patience with youth has definitely developed Chilwell, Gray and Amartey considerably, even if they all have some distance to go. If he can improve all our current young starters by 10-15% each then we will rocket up the table.

Like a lot of people I am not entirely convinced by Amartey but I think he has improved a lot this season. Brain fart against Manchester United aside he's been pretty solid. He did get done badly by Bernard against Everton, but it was good attacking play and there were other opportunities to deal with the attack so it's not like he is the only one to blame. Just a shame he didn't get that header at the end to redeem himself!

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Thanks for sharing that, it's insightful into both Amartey and Puel. Respect to big Dan for asking for a loan move because I think it's important for players to play in order to get better. I also think it's a good insight into Puel who has probably given Amartey a lot of confidence by keeping him at the club to develop and helping him find a position to call his own and getting him starts. Puel's patience with youth has definitely developed Chilwell, Gray and Amartey considerably, even if they all have some distance to go. If he can improve all our current young starters by 10-15% each then we will rocket up the table.

Like a lot of people I am not entirely convinced by Amartey but I think he has improved a lot this season. Brain fart against Manchester United aside he's been pretty solid. He did get done badly by Bernard against Everton, but it was good attacking play and there were other opportunities to deal with the attack so it's not like he is the only one to blame. Just a shame he didn't get that header at the end to redeem himself!

No surprise, but Amartey ain’t a RB for me. He’s a CB. His positioning is naturally to go central. The ease in which Bernard skipped past both Ricardo and Big Dan was clear to see. I don’t agree with Puel on this. I’d be more happy seeing Amartey in a CB three.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

No surprise, but Amartey ain’t a RB for me. He’s a CB. His positioning is naturally to go central. The ease in which Bernard skipped past both Ricardo and Big Dan was clear to see. I don’t agree with Puel on this. I’d be more happy seeing Amartey in a CB three.

Perhaps that’s where it’s going Col ...   Big H, Dan and Soysauce ...   

You heard it here first ..    :)

23 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Perhaps that’s where it’s going Col ...   Big H, Dan and Soysauce ...   

You heard it here first ..    :)

Maybe mate

i do have to say though I think Amartey seems a very pleasant young man. I’m happy for him that he’s stuck at it and that Puel likes him.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Maybe mate

i do have to say though I think Amartey seems a very pleasant young man. I’m happy for him that he’s stuck at it and that Puel likes him.

I think he’s a confidence player and there is a lot more room for improvement ...   not based on anything concrete just how he comes across.   The defence is very much a work in progress.