Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

Leicester 1- Everton 2 post match thread.

Not good enough, we had the chances and should've taken a point.

Thought it was harsh on Wes again - first yellow was justified, he had Richarlison on the inside yet got out muscled and done for pace so had to bring him down on the edge of the box first half. Second one was a fair tackle, not really touched the man, came in behind but not a yellow; if it's for accumulation with the earlier foul in the second half near the dug out, it's still harsh because there wasn't really much in that either. But to be honest the writing was on the wall, Richarlison ran Wes ragged and we should've brought him off earlier in the second half. Chance for Evans to really stamp some authority in defence and get ahead of Wes because regardless of being hard done by it keeps bleedin happening and we need to move on anyway, all emotions and respects to our Title Winning Skipper.

We were run ragged in other areas though, Mendy looked flustered and Ndidi kept giving the ball away again, he doesn't have much idea what he's got to do with the ball besides pass to the side and when he has to think of anything else other than winning the ball he melts. Vardy really, really wasteful; he's so important that when he has an off game we generally do too. Nacho off game, can't think of anything he did. Maddison naturally keeps drifting inside which is fair and probably tactical too but with Chilly bombing forward every other minute it left a massive hole on counter attacks, Maguire came out and dealt with it well but he can't patch that hole all day when he's got the middle to cover, even more so when Morgan got sent off and we got penned in with 10 men - so there's a problem with the formation with that, Maddison & Chilly on the left stretches it too much, two strikers doesn't make sense and the midfield two is stifled on its own.

We've learnt from mistakes earlier in the season but it's reactionary, wrong decisions have to be identified before they're issues.

3 minutes ago, Chester Dontlie said:

Good post. TBH this (Wilf & Ndidi)) bothers me even more than playing Wes week in week out and almost as much as our slow starts and giving lead to the opposition. Neither Wilf nor Ndidi are comfortable on the ball really, they have a difficulty creating anything and defemsively each time opposing team catches us on the counter we crumble it's like they put a hot knife through butter :( I don't suggest we should bench both of them, but try different pairings. Wilf and Iborra maybe. Maybe sacrifice Nacho or Vards for more creativity, Grey, Albrighton or Shinji. Surely the two of them can't be our best midfield pairing? If they are I think we are in trouble. I see Silva is not even an option at the moment, that would indicate he fell out of Puels favour for good. I hope that's not the case...

If he insists on playing out from the back, Iborra must play. Mendy and N'Didi are both good at what they do, they are 'ratters' not naturally good passes of the ball

Just now, lildave3 said:

Can’t say I agree with people saying Puel should have taken Morgan off. Not his fault he went charging through the back of someone having already been booked. 

It's his fault he was the only person who didn't foresee it. 

8 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

no manager should have to take off their captain (with his experience ) , especially a centre back ..... you don’t give away free substitutions unless you really have to .............  the player  bears all the responsibility in this instance - it’s not like an amartey who you could argue would need protecting in an instance like this. 

Yeah, you can’t blame Puel for Morgan getting sent off. 

1 minute ago, lildave3 said:

Can’t say I agree with people saying Puel should have taken Morgan off. Not his fault he went charging through the back of someone having already been booked. 

Most supporters were shitting themselves after he got booked that we would be down to ten men before the end of the game. Unfortunately our manager didn't see it that way 

2 minutes ago, lildave3 said:

The blame is definitely Wes', he should be cleverer than he was - but after watching him struggle against Richarlison for the best part of an hour, commit a pretty needless foul and get a final warning while already on a yellow with half an hour left to play, you wouldn't have subbed him?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, lcfceaves said:

If he insists on playing out from the back, Iborra must play. Mendy and N'Didi are both good at what they do, they are 'ratters' not naturally good passes of the ball

I am with those who think Iborra should play instead of Ndidi. But there is no chance for Puel. It is clear Ndidi is always one of the first names he put down on the teamsheet. Ndidi has never even been subbed out by Puel.

Just now, Marutimon said:

Maybe people see echoes of Kante in him? Sure, he has the work rate, but he has nowhere near the end product.

Couldn’t be a more different player than Kante, other than he’s short and black. I think maybe because its a bit of a comeback kid story, he was virtually written off.. so the contrast in his percieved value flipped 180 making his play seem amazing even though in reality its been bang average.  

• Like 2