Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

Leicester 1- Everton 2 post match thread.

5 minutes ago, lildave3 said:

Can’t say I agree with people saying Puel should have taken Morgan off. Not his fault he went charging through the back of someone having already been booked. 

Not being a fortune teller or seeing dead people, Morgan constantly made the same type of fouls on a yellow, do you try and help your captain and the team or do you hope a lumbering defender against one of the hottest properties doesn't do another foul....the choice is yours?

• Like 4

Wes has been a wonderful servant for the club and the disrespect is obviously ridiculous. However, forgetting his second yellow(thought it was justified for his two tackles), his first yellow card was a premier league defender hesitating to attack the ball, letting it drop, then rugby tackling a striker on the edge of our box. He should not be an automatic pick. The continuity of our team requires a new cb coming in and proving themselves with big Harry. Our attack is not capable of always being able to score 2 or 3 so we require clean sheets to win and this is not going to happen with wes as first choice. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

If we won today we'd be joint 6th. 

Look at who we have beaten... then look at who we have lost against. There is no way we are finishing anywhere near European positions.

By that I mean, we cannot beat anyone who is on par or better than us, we just beat those that will be in the bottom 7-8

Edited by lcfceaves
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Marutimon said:

I suggest you rewatch the Ricardo goal for one hint.

Alright, he laid it off on the halfway line. Constitutes another assist and he might've done more than Vardy if kept on. Still can't say he had a good game though, he was pretty anonymous overall

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Filberts lovechild said:

Let the Wes hate begin. Thought Vardy was pretty poor today though, I’d have kept Iheanacho on tbh. Let’s see if Evans can prove he’s first team the next few games and keep Morgan out the team. 

It's not Wes hate ffs.  He is too slow for the EPL.   His lack of pace means he has to do desperate things and this is costing the Club points.   Puel has brought this on himself by not taking him off and by exposing him to quick forwarded front players.   

18 minutes ago, Sammy said:

How many fouls did Morgan actually commit?

Obviously the first yellow is clear but the second one as a single tackle is just ridiculous to be booked. I remember one other foul on Richardson that was made to look worse than it was.

Really don't see how the yellow can be justified by Leicester fans other than 'oh it's Morgan he's so slow/rash'. Marriner then doesn't book Tosun for a late tackle on Chilwell later in the game because nothing is made of it. Angered me 

Not about the number - first is a professional foul, clear yellow. Final warning about 5 minutes before hand when he took richarlison out, could easily have walked for that. Can't complain with the red from the refs side, criticism is potentially Puel for not hooking him, but pretty much all Wes being a fool.

Gutting, we were comfortably the better side until the red card, controlled the game and had a couple of good chances wasted, worryingly Vardy seems to just be misfiring at the moment. Wes owes his team an apology, without his foolishness we'd have won that

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Vardy’s finishing was quite poor today too, I know he’ll score some absolute worldies later on in the season, but no one is exempt from criticism, today he was poor.

I think he's been pretty poor in general this season. Seems off his game. Sure he will improve but it would be nice to have a plan B.

• Like 2

Can anyone explain the subs....

Could have brought on Evans for Nacho, allowing Riccardo to stay in his attacking role.

Game was calling out for a target man, Iborra could have given us a option to hit and get us higher up the pitch! 

Ghezzel and Oki offered very little!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jaspa said:

Alright, he laid it off on the halfway line. Constitutes another assist and he might've done more than Vardy if kept on. Still can't say he had a good game though, he was pretty anonymous overall

Why? He is a striker. He contributed towards 1 goal. Goals are all that matter at the end of the day.

3 minutes ago, lcfceaves said:

Look at who we have beaten... then look at who we have lost against. There is no way we are finishing anywhere near European positions.

By that I mean, we cannot beat anyone who is on par or better than us, we just beat those that will be in the bottom 7-8

We've beaten PL teams and we've lost to PL teams.

If we beat those who will be in the bottom 7/8 then we'll have a great, if not certain, chance of finishing in Europe.

Just now, coolhandfox said:

Can anyone explain the subs....

Could have brought on Evans for Nacho, allowing Riccardo to stay in his attacking role.

Game was calling out for a target man, Iborra could have given us a option to hit and get us higher up the pitch! 

Ghezzel and Oki offered very little!

The Story of Leicester City FC

Just now, Webbo said:

Remind me of this at the end of the season.

Why? Who knows what will happen?

All I do know is that there's no chance you'd be saying that if we won today.

Everton, Wolves, Watford, Bournemouth and Leicester have all shown they have potential to have that 7th spot. That's why they're all within 4 points of each other, in and around that 7th spot.

• Like 2