Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

Leicester 1- Everton 2 post match thread.

5 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Even if it was, I'm more annoyed at Richarlison rolling around the floor after being touched. And the fact the ref wasn't the greatest today  

But he's always going to do that. Even more reason for an experienced cb to back off,  especially after being booked

6 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

If the stuff about his language difficulties is true, that would explain it.

I hope he gets over it and thrives for us.

But it will be Evans next time out.

Me too! And yes agree about Evans.  Just concerns me that does not solve the lack of pace we have.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Losing 2-1 to Everton isn't too bad really. Look at their players. There's at least 5 players who are out of Leicester's league who would never come to us.

On paper they're better than us and unfortunately on the pitch too.

Everton we're on top throughout really.

Are u a closet toffee? 

• Like 2

Honestly starting to think we should just blast the ball in our own net from kick-off as it'd stop us wasting the first 20 minutes of every game before inevitably conceding, it's infuriating.

Thought we'd win today as we started the second half well and finally moved the ball with purpose after a slow first 45. But then Morgan got sent off and it ultimately cost us 3 points. The man is so far off what we need it's painful. Time for Evans to step up and actually prove he's capable of playing week in week out as he's hardly impressed from his limited game time so far.

Is there any reason Wes comes charging out of defence (a good 15 yards) to close down their attacker (who has his back to goal) and go through him? Happens every single time and I have no clue why, hopefully someone asks Puel when interviewed.

26 minutes ago, Larry_LCFC said:

Puel's post match nterviews are the most uninspiring load of dull bullshit. Same nonsense spouted week in week out. If this is how he motivates the team, it says an awful lot.

In defense of Puel (somewhat) there's an American Football coach in the US named Belichick who does the exact same thing.  I don't think today was his fault.  I think their lack of quality at certain positions continues to haunt them when they go up against good talent.  i.e. they're a mid table team - encouraging one week, discouraging the next.  I think the tactics are as sound as they're going to get.  I don't think the overall squad quality is there yet.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

We buy a number 10, we have been crying out for and play wide left.

We buy a new rightback and play him right wing.

We buy 3 centrebacks and play the legend who been over the hill for the last 2 seasons.

Unbelievable Jeff.......

Did you saw the paper or the match? 

In the match madison did play as no 10 during attacks.

• Like 1

The Referee ruined the game. The second yellow was a poor decision the same Ref from the Utd game.

Having said that I thought we were Leggy today all over the pitch, Which showed in Maddison's substitution.

Amartey was poor for the first Goal, I think it was a case of remembering the hand Ball decision and he was afraid to commit to the challenge.

Vardy should have scored and was sloppy in possession.We're relying too much on Maddison to create. He needs someone up along side him to draw attention away from him.

We really need 3 in midfield. Then Morgan doesn't get drawn in there.

Iborra should have been brought on to get control of the Ball when Morgan was sent off. I couldn't see any sense in bringing Okazaki on when we were being over run with 10 men.

Amartey should have scored with the last minute chance.

Not a good day, but not all of our own making either. On another day we get a draw which I thought we were worth.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Losing 2-1 to Everton isn't too bad really. Look at their players. There's at least 5 players who are out of Leicester's league who would never come to us.

Not sure about the first two comments, but couldn't agree more about the third. A lot of people on this forum must have been watching a different game to me. Very few moments when we controlled this game 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Im genuine intrigued who these 5 players out of our league are

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

The Referee ruined the game. The second yellow was a poor decision the same Ref from the Utd game.

Having said that I thought we were Leggy today all over the pitch, Which showed in Maddison's substitution.

Amartey was poor for the first Goal, I think it was a case of remembering the hand Ball decision and he was afraid to commit to the challenge.

Vardy should have scored and was sloppy in possession.We're relying too much on Maddison to create. He needs someone up along side him to draw attention away from him.

We really need 3 in midfield. Then Morgan doesn't get drawn in there.

Iborra should have been brought on to get control of the Ball when Morgan was sent off. I couldn't see any sense in bringing Okazaki on when we were being over run with 10 men.

Amartey should have scored with the last minute chance.

Not a good day, but not all of our own making either. On another day we get a draw which I thought we were worth.

Thought ref was inconsistent, which is the most infuriating thing.

Agree with the rest of what you've said, not a bad day but an unlucky one overall

• Like 1

Same shit different week.

Slow, sloppy start with no intensity or bravery.

Lots and lots of sideways passing and no one brave enough to look forward.

Takes an event to get us going, in this instance a goal from a counter. We look good once we are injected with some fight.

If behind, Puel takes off our best player and only player likely to create something.

At all times a back 4 is maintained, even when we need to throw the kitchen sink at a match.

Wes is mostly to blame today, but I still seeing nothing from Puel to appease my fears about him.

Great post Ricey, agree with every word. Wake up people this is exactly what is going down.

42 minutes ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

Puel really is poor with some of his managerial decisions

still not convinced at all by him

poor result today

I’m not a Puel in or Puel out just when he was appointed it was a really underwhelming appointment he just didn’t fulfill me with confidence as our new manager there were better candidates out there thought our owners had really not chosen well this time  !

But as he still is our manager and yes I dont agree with all of his decisions team choices formations etc and don’t think he actually looks comfortable on the touch line we should just give him our support until the time the owners seem fit to relieve him of his duties !

If Utd do sack Maureen later can we put a cheeky bid in for him have him rebuild us into a powerhouse within the EPL ???:devil:

• Haha 1