Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

Leicester 1- Everton 2 post match thread.

2 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

We've beaten PL teams and we've lost to PL teams.

If we beat those who will be in the bottom 7/8 then we'll have a great, if not certain, chance of finishing in Europe.

Sorry, by losing to all those above 13th-12th place, we will be in Europe?

Typical mid table game, both lack quality at times, we again was slow out the blocks.

Game was very much in the balance until Morgan got sent off.

Don’t care what others think, in my opinion and has been for a while, Morgan needs replacing.

Doesn’t matter what player it is, or what you have done, you hit a certain age, you lose half a yard in the legs, hence the reds, yes both second yellows are harsh, but being in the right place half a yard quicker, and the speed of thought he doesn’t get in those situations 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, wokinghamfox said:

Poor comment. Short memory mate and it was a suspect sending off to say the least.

It really wasn't, there's no arguments with the first yellow, he could easily have walked after he just took out Richarlison at the start of the second half - I was amazed the yellow didn't come out for that tbh. 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Webbo said:

We bought 3 CBs in the summer and we're still playing the same pairing as last season, We've bought a RB who can't play RB. The jury is still out on Ghezzal. Only Maddison looks the part so far.

Yep. In a nutshell . If we've really bought two duffers (+Evans) for £30 odd mill someone should be prepared to stand up and explain the process 

19 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

So frustrating. Until we pick the most balanced side from this squad, I’ll be on Puel’s back. I don’t necessarily want him gone as I think if he got the right players in the right positions we’d see a promising team grow and we could get behind his project.

Morgan shouldn’t be an automatic starter now, 2 red cards already this season with his experience is not good enough. He’s cost us the game today, we were comfortable in that 2nd half until he went off and you could see him getting a red quite early one. I don’t get why he’s being persisted with if we are honestly not renewing his contract next season. Give Evans or Soyuncu every chance to build an understanding with Maguire, or heaven forbid a back three together.

Maddison needs to be utilised in a more central role which has to be a 3-4-1-2 behind Vardy and Iheanacho. It makes total sense, Maddison is operating at about 60% what he’s capable of right now. We just aren’t getting him the ball enough in dangerous areas.

Please Claude, I want to back you but you make it so easy to want you hoying in the sea.

We already play with 3412 during attacking scheme didn't it? 

Second half they were there for the taking till we went down to 10 men, then we dropped too deep. Having said that, can’t argue with their winner, best opposition goal I’ve seen at the KP in a long time, a stunner. Not too downhearted, but in games like that you have to take chances, and Vardy and Amartey take theirs on another day!! Couldn’t understand Maddison coming off, not his best game, but still our most creative outlet!

Edited by DerbyshireFox

Memo from Puel to his P.A.

1.    Book Soyuncu an intensive course at Berlitz on Monday.

2.    Send me a reminder to recall Benkovic on 1st January

3.     Arrange loan for Wes

4      Call in the Recruitment Team and ask wtf is going on with the CB's ?

Edited by mozartfox
  • Haha 1

Ref ruined it. After Morgan got sent off it was like watching 2 teams trying to prove who was the best shit team. Everton fans have got an snoozing accent that grates to the bone. Goalie should have anticipated that shot cos even I saw it before he shot, and I didn’t have my glasses with me

Edited by yorkie1999
  • Like 1

A game we could have won. Thought we were on top after going behind yet again, then the Morgan sending off handed the initiative right back to them. 3 sendings off in 8 games - that kind of indiscipline does cost points in this league.

I’ve said before that right hand side of the defence will cost us points. And it has again today. 

Wes and Amartey are not a Premiership pairing. Despite the love-in for him on here, Amartey never was good enough and Wes has gone I’m afraid.

This matters. If Puel insists on playing these two, we’ll lose more points.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, The Doctor said:

Yeah, pretty much. Amartey goes central, Chilwell and Ricardo bomb forward, iheanacho joins Vardy and Maddison drifts inside

Wonder why people keep pester about it when we already doing it

Perhaps paper is more important than the game itself

9 minutes ago, lcfceaves said:

Look at who we have beaten... then look at who we have lost against. There is no way we are finishing anywhere near European positions.

By that I mean, we cannot beat anyone who is on par or better than us, we just beat those that will be in the bottom 7-8

Too true. Yes we can beat Huddersfield and Newcastle and will probably beat Cardiff. But put us against teams from Manchester or Liverpool (thats 8 games) or from London (thats 12 games) and our return will be ZERO points. Sure puts a lot of pressure on the remaining 18 games to get the 40 points we need to survive.

• Like 2