Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

Leicester 1- Everton 2 post match thread.

The tempo of our game is all wrong. In the last minute all our players were pressing and sprinting at whichever Everton player was on the ball. Why can’t we do that from the beginning of the match.

On the ball we are far too slow and there is a lack of movement so the player on the ball is forced to go backwards.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, FoxFossil said:

They did their homework and marked/played Maddison out the game and so we lacked creativity. Defence still not right. Mendy and Chilwell good, NDidi still not at his best. 10th Place not 6th place form, that how so.

Thanks for clearing this up.

We abvously have a talented enough squad to be pushing for a 7th place but boneheaded decisions from across the table cost us. (still costing us tbf) 

no manager should have to take off their captain (with his experience ) , especially a centre back ..... you don’t give away free substitutions unless you really have to .............  the player  bears all the responsibility in this instance - it’s not like an amartey who you could argue would need protecting in an instance like this. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, CyprusFox said:

What's happened to next new Turkish wonder CB? Whatever his name is. 

That’s what we’d all like to know. What a ridiculous situation, 3 cd’s bought in the Summer, and we have to rely on Morgan who is and has been done for a while. Get your head out your arse Claude or fvck off. 

• Like 1

Can't get involved in the complete personal attack of Wes, it's clear he isn't up to it anymore but some people are getting a little carried away with how they're going about voicing that. The manager should have subbed him after he took Richarlison out on the halfway line, every man and his dog knew what was coming after that final warning.

These hideous starts need to be addressed if Puel wants to keep his job. The way we conceded possession when virtually unchallenged at times today was so frustrating to watch.

Bar the opening twenty or so, I thought we actually looked alright. Vardy should have scored, Chilwell keeps improving (and went close himself), and in general we looked comfortable. Complete brainfart from both manager and captain has cost us here.

Iheanacho simply doesn't fit with Vardy and was a waste of a shirt today bar a couple (?) of moments of decent link up play. Non-existent touch and simply not a clever enough footballer to be a number ten. We don't create enough chances in the six yard box for him to poach, which is what he is. Move him on.

I genuinely can't recall the last time I was entertained by Claude Puel's Leicester. Arsenal at the back end of last season, maybe. Aside from that, we're so dull. I can't remember feeling less excited looking forward to the footy at the weekend than I currently do.

It's definitely no all the manager's fault but I can't help but feel someone else could really get something out of this group of players.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, psychonaut said:

Makes two of us.. I dont get it either, all I see is a half decent water carrier. Doesnt offer much other than moves the ball on over short distances and sideways or backwards most of the time. 

Maybe people see echoes of Kante in him? Sure, he has the work rate, but he has nowhere near the end product.

5 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

Before Wes went off I thought they spotted our danger man and closed down Maddison a lot, stifling him.

Vardy didn't cover himself in glory.

Also, I'm going down the police station to report a theft.  Someone has taken Wilf Ndidi's Mojo.  He's half the player he was last year.

Their first goal was an embarrassment.  Bernard sold us more dummies than Mothercare.

Still, we are 9th.  We shouldn't rush to judge the Manager.  But there will inevitably be Puel Out stuff in here tonight.

Made some poor decisions(or non-decisions) today 

2 minutes ago, Shane said:

The tempo of our game is all wrong. In the last minute all our players were pressing and sprinting at whichever Everton player was on the ball. Why can’t we do that from the beginning of the match.

On the ball we are far too slow and there is a lack of movement so the player on the ball is forced to go backwards.

Tactics from the manager

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lcfceaves said:

I'd really love someone to explain to me what they think Puel's game plan is... I am assuming it must be:

- Start slowly, pass sideways extremely slowly and try and bore everyone to death.

- Start 2 defensive centre mids, neither of which are comfortable on the ball, so Maguire has little choice when Kasper kicks it to him...

- Score on the counter attack, but for god sake don't do it again... go back to playing the ball sideways

- Start Wes Morgan and hope he doesn't f*** up again, even though he invariably does (one good game against Joselu though must mean is the best in the world)

That game plan has beaten Newcastle, Huddersfield, Southampton (and flukely Wolves)… that's our season so far. As soon as we play anyone who can push for top 10, we lose.

Good post. TBH this (Wilf & Ndidi)) bothers me even more than playing Wes week in week out and almost as much as our slow starts and giving lead to the opposition. Neither Wilf nor Mendy are comfortable on the ball really, they have a difficulty creating anything and defemsively each time opposing team catches us on the counter we crumble it's like they put a hot knife through butter :( I don't suggest we should bench both of them, but try different pairings. Wilf and Iborra maybe. Maybe sacrifice Nacho or Vards for more creativity, Grey, Albrighton or Shinji. Surely the two of them can't be our best midfield pairing? If they are I think we are in trouble. I see Silva is not even an option at the moment, that would indicate he fell out of Puels favour for good. I hope that's not the case...

Edited by Chester Dontlie
  • Like 1

Really like I said before, the game was lost after Wes was sent off for another silly foul,  unfortunately Wes is far too slow now for this league his decision making on marking at times is dreadful his tackling is uncontrollable also !

But CP has to take most of the blame for picking Wes week in week out we’ve seen at times how lucky he is not to see red more often with his tackling and loss of pace, we’ve spent millions on defenders who’s got nowhere near the starting 11?

Time to get Evans partnering Maguire and resting Morgan Puel certainly isn’t making it easy for himself with his team choices just think he’s not the right man for us I want to believe in him but his decision making is his substitutions are dreadful !!

Time to dust ourselves down in the break hope our internationals come back unscathed and fight again Arsenal away they are beatable and we can get revenge on those bridesmaids !!

7 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

You're letting your Puel out agenda get in the way of what actually happened. We hit them with balls behind multiple times, Vardy had a clear 1v1 and then was offside for multiple opportunities. For times when we couldn't, we would obviously pass around, because if you can't counter attack then you can't counter attack.. or do we just keep giving them the ball and relying on our shaky defence to not concede, just to get some space in behind?

Would love to hear what subs you would have made when we went down to 10 men?

All you have done there, is remember our few chances and forget them not making the most of our terrible start. They could have been out of sight.

And on the counter attack, I agree you do not hoof it just because you have Vardy on the pitch, but there is more than one way to play... it isn't a choice between counter or passing sideways with no penetration...

Well subs... probably don't take Maddison off, in case we manage to get into their half and get a free kick... probably don't take Pereira off who scored and offers some pace on the counter as we were down to 10 men... instead he brings on Albrighton (who I love but has no pace) and Ghezzal, who has offered little so far...

I cannot remember him ever making a sub that made a good impact.

Edited by lcfceaves

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

Such a lack quality of attacking wide players, that we require Maddison to play wide.

Time to give Albrighton a go I think. We need to do something 'cos against Arsenal we could get seriously shredded with our static, slow defence. Put Maddison back in the hole too. 

• Like 1