Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

Leicester 1- Everton 2 post match thread.

11 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

People calling for Soyuncu.

He was utter gash for the U23s.  He's nowhere near ready.

It will be Evans.

But not for Freiburg, apparently, according to the Recruitment Team.........

We need a second playmaker, and Iborra is just sitting there. Teams are doing the same thing to Maddison they used to do to Mahrez, bracketing him with two men whenever he looks a likely threat to get the ball near the box. If we play Iborra, yes, he is inferior defensively to Mendy, but he will force the defense to concern themselves with his passing, which will free up Maddison to some extent. 

The reality is, teams have figured out to just play off Ndidi and Mendy and cover players deeper up the field, as they aren't an attacking threat in the slightest. This makes it far easier to defend us, and far more difficult for us to get the ball forward, so we employ our CBs further fwd than ideal, leaving us more susceptible to the counter. Couple that with our lack of speed at CB, and you have the explanation for a large percentage of our goals allowed this season.

Here's hoping Claude figures that out. We cannot have the attack bottleneck and die because teams are jumping Maddison w multiple defenders every time he gets the ball near the box, and we can't have him coming back to receive passes from our CBs in our half of the field either like he did 2H, it kills his effectiveness, that is what Iborra or Silva are for. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Monsell1976 said:

Typical mid table game, both lack quality at times, we again was slow out the blocks.

Game was very much in the balance until Morgan got sent off.

Don’t care what others think, in my opinion and has been for a while, Morgan needs replacing.

Doesn’t matter what player it is, or what you have done, you hit a certain age, you lose half a yard in the legs, hence the reds, yes both second yellows are harsh, but being in the right place half a yard quicker, and the speed of thought he doesn’t get in those situations 

Your usual spot on analysis mate..

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

Kasper, not his best

Amartey - fair

Wes - poor

Harry - Ok

Chilly - Good

Mendy - OK

Ndid - Not his best

Ricardo - Ok

Maddison - Ok

Iheanacho - Poor

Vardy - Poor

Anybody got one of those ‘what you talkin’ about’ GIFs???

Same shit different week.

Slow, sloppy start with no intensity or bravery.

Lots and lots of sideways passing and no one brave enough to look forward.

Takes an event to get us going, in this instance a goal from a counter. We look good once we are injected with some fight.

If behind, Puel takes off our best player and only player likely to create something.

At all times a back 4 is maintained, even when we need to throw the kitchen sink at a match.

Wes is mostly to blame today, but I still seeing nothing from Puel to appease my fears about him.

• Like 4

tbh i thought it was heading towards a draw until Morgan got sent off, though he was doing ok but you could easily see once he got the first yellow he was liable to get another and so it proved,

wes will always be a club legend, and he could still do a job for us, i just think hes more suited for a back 3 now, as at times he looks cumbersome and he doesnt look much at ease with the passing style we now play, think Evans or CS would be better now, 

personally there is blame on a few for the defeat but you cant fault their winning, that was a brilliant goal

either way, we move on to the next 

43 minutes ago, jim5000 said:

Lackluster and missing any venom in our play. Ndidi and Mendy are OK defensively but offer nothing going forward from CM. Amartey is barely a footballer. Wes was horrific again, and Vardy anonymous although he got very little service.

We totally lack any killer instinct

That's true Jim, but it's ok our possession stats have improved..

Edited by Bozman

51 minutes ago, Filberts lovechild said:

Let the Wes hate begin. Thought Vardy was pretty poor today though, I’d have kept Iheanacho on tbh. Let’s see if Evans can prove he’s first team the next few games and keep Morgan out the team. 

Both Vardy and Iheanacho had shockers today tbf.

16 minutes ago, wokinghamfox said:

Poor comment. Short memory mate and it was a suspect sending off to say the least.

I've watched it at least half a dozen times now. There's no way that wasn't a booking. Either way it was a sending off waiting to happen 

Just now, CyprusFox said:

I've watched it at least half a dozen times now. There's no way that wasn't a booking. Either way it was a sending off waiting to happen 

Even if it was, I'm more annoyed at Richarlison rolling around the floor after being touched. And the fact the ref wasn't the greatest today  

7 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

But not for Freiburg, apparently, according to the Recruitment Team.........

If the stuff about his language difficulties is true, that would explain it.

I hope he gets over it and thrives for us.

But it will be Evans next time out.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

We buy a number 10, we have been crying out for and play wide left.

We buy a new rightback and play him right wing.

We buy 3 centrebacks and play the legend who been over the hill for the last 2 seasons.

Unbelievable Jeff.......

It’s the Leicester way mate. Nothing easy. We’ll win the league next year. 

Just now, southfox66 said:

Basically another season like the last 2, we can expect the odd moments of inspired play, but on the whole we can look forward to more lack luster and we could have done better to come :)

Yep. We'll end up somewhere between 10 and 15th. another season wasted.

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

We buy a number 10, we have been crying out for and play wide left.

We buy a new rightback and play him right wing.

We buy 3 centrebacks and play the legend who been over the hill for the last 2 seasons.

Unbelievable Jeff.......

We play the rb at rb and get screams of "He isn't a rb, don't play him there"

Maddion may start out wide, but if anyone notes where he actually plays, it isn't out wide

Out of the 3 centre backs we bought, 1 is on loan to get game time to prep him for next year and the other struggling with the language. Evans being the one able to be brought into the team. 

These aren't as black and white as you make out 

13 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I’m surprised there’s so much negativity on here because up until the sending off we were in complete control and dominated the game. Wes will be crucified but that was a soft decision that the ref bottled and was given more for a totting up of offences than being a blatant foul. Even when being a man down Everton didn’t really create that much and you have to applaud the Sigurdsson goal as it was terrific. He did get too much time and space but that’s the ten man effect.  

We beat Southampton when we didn’t deserve to but today lost to Everton when we didn’t. And that as they say is Football. I’m disappointed in the result but not performance. Though this result I think indicates that we won’t be getting into Europe through our final league position as we need to be beating teams like Bournemouth and Everton to do that. 

Some other thoughts:

- Poor start again! Got to sort it out!

- Vardy had an off day and should really have scored.

- Maddison was quiet and played the wrong ball on occasion but was growing into the game.

- Ricardo was awful until his goal but it was well taken and he improved afterwards.

- Nacho I felt was a tad disappointing but again was growing into the game before the sending off.

- Chilwell was very good and Mendy too.

- The new screens are awesome! 

Sorry I must’ve watched a different game to you regarding your first few sentences... especially completely dominated the game... it was all Everton first 30 mins and was a 50/50 game until Morgan was sent off...  

• Like 1