Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

Leicester 1- Everton 2 post match thread.

Just now, NotTheMarketLeader said:

First time? 

After that shit last season ??‍♂️

Some of us believe in a process taking time.

Others prefer to panic at the first sign of trouble and say they knew it all along when things don't work out.

Being fickle will get us nowhere.

But Puel might not be the answer either.

Just now, Sammy said:

How many fouls did Morgan actually commit?

Obviously the first yellow is clear but the second one as a single tackle is just ridiculous to be booked. I remember one other foul on Richardson that was made to look worse than it was.

Really don't see how the yellow can be justified by Leicester fans other than 'oh it's Morgan he's so slow/rash'. Marriner then doesn't book Tosun for a late tackle on Chilwell later in the game because nothing is made of it. Angered me 

Ref had warn him twice before the tackle for the second yellow.

• Like 2

Lackluster and missing any venom in our play. Ndidi and Mendy are OK defensively but offer nothing going forward from CM. Amartey is barely a footballer. Wes was horrific again, and Vardy anonymous although he got very little service.

We totally lack any killer instinct

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, FIF said:

Good game from Chilly and Mendy

Most of the others below average.

Ndidi and Morgan poor. Iborra and Evans in for the next match.

I honestly don't get the Mendy love and Ndidi hate. Mendy offers next to nothing defensively or offensively. Has a decent short passing range and pretty good ball control, but can't tackle, can't dribble, gives away the ball too often, useless in the air, poor positioning from him. I've tried over and over to understand the Mendy love and each game I am dumbfounded. I thought he was honestly the worst player on the pitch, but somehow some of you see him as the best... As best I can't fathom how you can perceive him as having a better game than Ndidi. 

Heck, even look at Whoscored stats - naturally they are just stats, but Mendy appears there to be exactly how I perceive him - bang average - and damn only Morgan has a worse rating than him:

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1284815/LiveStatistics/England-Premier-League-2018-2019-Leicester-Everton

Edited by Marutimon
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Filberts lovechild said:

Let the Wes hate begin. Thought Vardy was pretty poor today though, I’d have kept Iheanacho on tbh. Let’s see if Evans can prove he’s first team the next few games and keep Morgan out the team. 

What's happened to next new Turkish wonder CB? Whatever his name is. 

Wes would be more suited to rugby 

He is a liability at this level unfortunately, after the first yellow - he got away with another foul and was still not subbed.

This is a aging defender that likes to grapple and was sent off 2 games ago.

Puel ****ed up, the performance was crap and the 2 wins against Huddersfield and Newcastle are smokescreen for how poor we have been.

we have a lot of possession because we pass boring passes backwards and sideways for the majority of the match.

There didn’t seem much desire (apart from

Chilwell) , crowd was pretty flat. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Morgan legs have gone, hence the niggling fouls, only us could bring in 3 centre backs and still play a player pass he's time.

Slow start again, always give us a mountain to climb, lack of attacking options off the bench.

Bad day at the office for Vardy and Maddison who still looking for Gylfi, turned inside out.

Agree with these but also think your second line here is the strongest point. Our lack of attacking options is looking increasingly a big issue; and the slow starts just keep repeating though I think our defensive weakness is the real cause.  

Just now, Sunbury Fox said:

From where I was sitting I thought the second yellow for Wes was harsh. It was a foul but Richarlison made a huge meal of it which convinced the ref to give a yellow. I've not seen replays but that was my impression. 

I agree, too many players are conning refs and getting away with. So much for foreign "stars" enriching the EPL!!

4 minutes ago, sishades said:

Yes the score was close but City never looked like getting across the half way line let alone scoring a goal. 3 red cards in 8 matches....absolute wank of a performance and the discipline is non existant.

Erm, we missed a clear 1 on 1 and missed an unchallenged header from like 4 yards out.

2 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

From where I was sitting I thought the second yellow for Wes was harsh. It was a foul but Richarlison made a huge meal of it which convinced the ref to give a yellow. I've not seen replays but that was my impression. 

Yes, it was not a yellow.

8 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

Agree.

And then Ndidi has to see more of the ball. As we know, he is not even at football league level when it comes to passing.

I would prefer to have Iborra instead of Ndidi. Mendy can do the Kante-like work.

No, Mendy can't. His tackle success rate is appauling. I fully agree we can't play with two DMs, but Mendy is the one that has to be pulled.

Edited by Marutimon
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Marutimon said:

I honestly don't get the Mendy love and Ndidi hate. Mendy offers next to nothing defensively or offensively. Has a decent short passing range and pretty good ball control, but can't tackle, can't dribble, gives away the ball too often, useless in the air, poor positioning from him. I've tried over and over to understand the Mendy love and each game I am dumbfounded. I thought he was honestly the worst player on the pitch, but somehow some of you see him as the best...

Makes two of us.. I dont get it either, all I see is a half decent water carrier. Doesnt offer much other than moves the ball on over short distances and sideways or backwards most of the time. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lcfceaves said:

I'd really love someone to explain to me what they think Puel's game plan is... I am assuming it must be:

- Start slowly, pass sideways extremely slowly and try and bore everyone to death.

- Score on the counter attack, but for god sake don't do it again... go back to playing the ball sideways

You're letting your Puel out agenda get in the way of what actually happened. We hit them with balls behind multiple times, Vardy had a clear 1v1 and then was offside for multiple opportunities. For times when we couldn't, we would obviously pass around, because if you can't counter attack then you can't counter attack.. or do we just keep giving them the ball and relying on our shaky defence to not concede, just to get some space in behind?

Would love to hear what subs you would have made when we went down to 10 men?

Just now, Webbo said:

We bought 3 CBs in the summer and we're still playing the same pairing as last season, We've bought a RB who can't play RB. The jury is still out on Ghezzal. Only Maddison looks the part so far.

And let go our only 2 strikers over 6' 0"

• Like 1