Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Cityfox60

Arsenal away next?

On 07/10/2018 at 14:31, StanSP said:

Expect them to run riot with the pace they have against our measly defence. Well, measly in that respect, anyway.

Think they play far too slick and fast for us to cope. I can't remember the last time I was this negative about us but I'd be surprised if it wasn't a 3 or 4 goal margin win for them. They're in top form as well.

I've consistently been one of the Puel-In brigade, and to a certain extent I think he's managed the club well.

However defence has not been his strongest element - ironic, considering his reputation in coming to the club as someone who puts together boring teams that eke out low-scoring draws.

This dodgy defence we seem to have developed, and our alarming tendency to concede an early goal,fills me with forboding for the Arsenal game. If we manage to get a draw, that will seem like a moral victory. I fear a drubbing.

After watching ours and arsenals first few games of the season , I was quite looking forwards to this fixture - thinking we might turn them over.

However , 5 more games further in and I feel a lot less confident.

Kinda thinking it will be an open end to end game where we have great passages of play - score a couple but still end up losing. 

Slow progress or papering over the cracks ?

We'll have to wait and see.

Hate these international breaks. 

14 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

Chiotis

Duff  Okoronkowo  Said  Bouma

Kerr  Van der Vaart

Mokoukou  Kallstrom  Cole

Tsigalko

Should do it.  X

You forgot Tó Madeira. :)

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, gerrytaggart said:

1-0 victory.

5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Clean sheet at Arsenal with our record there ???????.

More chance of that than us winning the prem. Hmmmmmmm back to the drawing board me thinks. lol

On ‎10‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 20:06, RumbleFox said:

Chiotis

Duff  Okoronkowo  Said  Bouma

Kerr  Van der Vaart

Mokoukou  Kallstrom  Cole

Tsigalko

Should do it.  X

They were the days!

• Like 1

Anyone else a little concerned with the fact Maguire essentially played with one leg for the last 20 minutes last night. Couldn't believe Gareth didn't sub him off!

Hoping the fact we have a longer rest will help him recover. Otherwise we're in even more both at CB next week!

Just now, AjcW said:

Anyone else a little concerned with the fact Maguire essentially played with one leg for the last 20 minutes last night. Couldn't believe Gareth didn't sub him off!

Hoping the fact we have a longer rest will help him recover. Otherwise we're in even more both at CB next week!

He potentially needs a breather anyway, I'd have no qualms about throwing Soyuncu and Evans in and hoping for the best. This isn't a game we're expecting a clean sheet in and chances are we'll get comfortably beaten. Maguire was the pits vs Bournemouth after a tough 2 games for England so maybe Puel is intending to rest him anyway. Soyuncu by all accounts looked decent for Turkey.

• Like 1