Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Cityfox60

Arsenal away next?

2 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

It's going to be four at the back with Maguire and Evans but its a disaster waiting to happen. Have to try something different

Kasper

Amartey Maguire Soyuncu

Ricardo Ndidi Iborra Mendy Chilwell

Maddison

Vardy

Can imagine Claude’s popularity soaring if he put this out and got beat.....

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....I think the ref. will notice we have one too many!!!!

Would like to see:

Kaspar

Ramsey   Soyuncu   Maguire   Chilwell

Ndidi        Mendy

Albrighton    Madisson       Ricardo

Vardy

Bench: Nacho,Armartey,Ghezall,Fuchs, Iborra and Okazaki

Ghezall to replace Madisson after 75mins, Amartey can cover at CB or RB 

How silly! Remove Iborra lol!!!!!!!

We are not competing with Arsenal for league places this season therefore I would rest Maguire. I don’t think he’s looked his best since the World Cup. However I’m sure the sports science team can measure his physical condition and maybe certain aspects of his mental condition too and can make an informed judgement on his levels of fatigue. 

2 hours ago, lcfcsnow said:

It's going to be four at the back with Maguire and Evans but its a disaster waiting to happen. Have to try something different

Kasper

Amartey Maguire Soyuncu

Maddison

Vardy

No way is Lord Farquaad making his debut away to Arsenal! 

21 hours ago, Simoken said:

People so sold on the idea that we'll get smashed senseless... makes me sad really. Well to make you all feel better, we tend to play well against good teams, dont you think? I dont know why it is, but big stadiums/big teams/big games tend to bring the best out of a players performance, im not sure if its to do with pressure on the big stage and they want to try harder./impress the masses cause a majority watch these games. i dont know, but I think you are going to be surprised with how we respond to this game, Something to prove? lots of motivational reasons to give it an extra 50% more workrate. I can see a close game with plenty of Goals, 2-2.

Yes we expect this all the time no matter what game, but its human nature i suppose...

It's usually because bigger teams don't sit back against us so we have more space to play positive football. Sadly we're often a disgrace defensively so for every chance we muster, we'll be vulnerable to more coming our way as well.

8 hours ago, Bablemikey said:

We are not competing with Arsenal for league places this season therefore I would rest Maguire. I don’t think he’s looked his best since the World Cup. However I’m sure the sports science team can measure his physical condition and maybe certain aspects of his mental condition too and can make an informed judgement on his levels of fatigue. 

I think that physically he can go on and on.  His mental side re concentration levels would be my concern but the extra 48 hours takes care of things here 

13 hours ago, lcfcsnow said:

Kasper

Amartey Maguire Soyuncu

Maddison

Vardy

On paper or a football manager game this looks so good.

Just isnt that simple though :(

• Like 1

13 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....I think the ref. will notice we have one too many!!!!

Would like to see:

Kaspar

Ramsey   Soyuncu   Maguire   Chilwell

Ndidi        Mendy

Albrighton    Madisson       Ricardo

Vardy

Bench: Nacho,Armartey,Ghezall,Fuchs, Iborra and Okazaki

Ghezall to replace Madisson after 75mins, Amartey can cover at CB or RB 

Hum ...Ramsey in who's played a handful of games for us at U23 level and Soyuncu to come in for their debuts against Arsenal away? Bit risky! And on top of that Ricardo on the Left wing? And risking only 6 on the bench with no Keeper? Don't think you would last too long as manager to be honest.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, UPinCarolina said:

Seems to be a lack of enthusiasm about this match. I'd imagine this may have something to do with the fact that it is being played on Monday, but not sure.

That's part of the issue, but also they are on a 9 game winning streak and we have never won there. In fact I don't think we have ever even drawn there! So the omens aren't great.

That said I am still going to the game (I am a scummy Londoner these days) and am looking forward to it. We did at least get the monkey off our backs by beating them at the end of last season. However, in general we always seem to play quite well against Arsenal and put in a decent performance but still end up losing. That game we played there in the 15/16 season was so typical. Outplayed them for 60 minutes, had a man unfairly sent off defended like absolute lions and still ended up losing because Big Was cleaned out Ozil right at the death! Stil we did win the title that year so swings and roundabouts eh!?

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

That's part of the issue, but also they are on a 9 game winning streak and we have never won there. In fact I don't think we have ever even drawn there! So the omens aren't great.

If it was the other way around we'd have scores of people saying that it's 'typical Leicester and they'll break their poor streak against us'. Of course there's an element of survivorship bias there - noone remembers the matches where the streaks weren't broken, but still, omens don't count for much.

Got a weirdly optimistic feel about this one. If Puel can get the defence right I reckon this could be a nice smash-and-grab job. Vardy to be fired up for this one and rile them up, drawing a few free-kicks in dangerous positions for Maddison to tuck away. 0-1.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Xen said:

If it was the other way around we'd have scores of people saying that it's 'typical Leicester and they'll break their poor streak against us'. Of course there's an element of survivorship bias there - noone remembers the matches where the streaks weren't broken, but still, omens don't count for much.

Yep totally right, superstition should mean nothing!

TBH we should have won at the Emirates last year but Shakespeare brought on Ihenacho for no reason at all, who was still not match fit, couldn't get into the game and made us lose our shape to give Arsenal the iniative back and win the game. I can see he was eager to get Nacho into the team but it backfired. So we definitely can cause them problems.

10 hours ago, UPinCarolina said:

Seems to be a lack of enthusiasm about this match. I'd imagine this may have something to do with the fact that it is being played on Monday, but not sure.

Probably because the idea of watching us isn’t exactly a mouthwatering prospect these days.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

23 hours ago, Col city fan said:

My God! You want to pit Amartey and Soyuncu up against their attacking flair? Soyuncu might be brill but he’s never played a Prem game. And Amartey needs experience beside him surely?

:o

My pick would be Amartey and Harry

Amartey col you ?

WOW! SHOCKING! I'll be really interested to see who the Puel-lovers will be blaming for this abysmal performance. Morgan? Shakespeare? The-bloke-in-the-green-parka-behind-the-goal?  Embarassing. Really, really embarassing.
This 'team in transition' malarky is wearing very thin and the constant references to 'ze qualitee of our play' must surely annoy even the most ardent of the PLs.
The wins against Huddersfield and Newcastle distracted everybody from the fact that our performances this calendar year have been appalling. We have such good players, such a strong squad, yet the tactical ineptitude and lack of man-management  skills of the manager are shining through.
Give him time? NO - he's had enough.
HE NEEDS TO GO.
NOW.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, waylander said:

Amartey col you ?

:scarf:

Why id play Big Dan against the Arse is for two reasons:

1. I’m convinced he’s a confidence player who is nervy. If he plays he must be alongside someone who is assured and who can give him direction. He’d have come on a bundle if he was paired with the likes of Tony Adams and John Terry imo.

2. He’s quick and we need quick defenders against Arsenal.

I’d rather Amartey than Soyuncu as the latter does not want to be thrown in for this game imo.

Edited by Col city fan