Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Cityfox60

Arsenal away next?

As a usual pessimist there’s no way I can see past an arsenal win, I imagine we will play well, certainly well enough for the Puel fans to remain positive but I think the arse will just be too good for us. Thing is I’m not looking forward to this as it’s on sky and we haven’t won a league game in ages live on TV. 

Our record at Arsenal is truly appalling. 19 defeats and a draw in the last 20 games, with the last 12 visits resulting in losses. On top of that they've won their last 9 games and we've been very inconsistent. The only thing that can give us any hope is the law of averages! 

17 minutes ago, UPinCarolina said:

Since none of us are expecting to get anything out of this, I think that takes the pressure off. We can go out and give it our best shot. If the game were truly a foregone conclusion, why bother playing?

Can we just forfeit it then? 

Save the meltdown on here this time tomorrow! 

That’s the thing. We all know we’re going to get battered and yet it will still be the end of the world. 

I know different though - we will win it 0-2. It is written. 

End if the world is 4th December I think. At least that’s the date I’ve got pencilled in for it. 

18 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Can we just forfeit it then? 

Save the meltdown on here this time tomorrow! 

I know, right? I would hope that the lowered expectations would result in a lessened meltdown, but we both know that won't be the case.

• Like 1

For me it is all about how we start and finish the first half. The amount of times we shoot ourselves in the foot against big teams at those critical times is outrageous. Like clockwork we seem to concede right on half time to give the opposition the momentum or do something silly in the opening minutes. 

Liverpool and Man U this year, Arsenal at their place last year comes immediately to mind. 

If we can get through the first half unscathed, maybe we can carry momentum 2nd half. 

Edited by Gazza M

the performances/results their since we came up are well funny to look back on. we could’ve easily had 10 points from them 4 games and we’ve got 0. 

we’re due a proper cu nting by these. they look superb recently, too. so we’ll probably win.