Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Cityfox60

Arsenal away next?

11 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

He potentially needs a breather anyway, I'd have no qualms about throwing Soyuncu and Evans in and hoping for the best. This isn't a game we're expecting a clean sheet in and chances are we'll get comfortably beaten. Maguire was the pits vs Bournemouth after a tough 2 games for England so maybe Puel is intending to rest him anyway. Soyuncu by all accounts looked decent for Turkey.

Every center back we have apart from Morgan is a left sided center back, I've not seen much of Soyuncu or Benkovic but in all their youtube videos they are on the left. Look what happens to Evans when he's shifted onto the right. Maguire has always been on the left for us and England. So we've not quite thought it through here.

But at least one man is happy

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

Every center back we have apart from Morgan is a left sided center back, I've not seen much of Soyuncu or Benkovic but in all their youtube videos they are on the left. Look what happens to Evans when he's shifted onto the right. Maguire has always been on the left for us and England. So we've not quite thought it through here.

But at least one man is happy

With the exception of Amartey who is a right sided centre back for his country.

People so sold on the idea that we'll get smashed senseless... makes me sad really. Well to make you all feel better, we tend to play well against good teams, dont you think? I dont know why it is, but big stadiums/big teams/big games tend to bring the best out of a players performance, im not sure if its to do with pressure on the big stage and they want to try harder./impress the masses cause a majority watch these games. i dont know, but I think you are going to be surprised with how we respond to this game, Something to prove? lots of motivational reasons to give it an extra 50% more workrate. I can see a close game with plenty of Goals, 2-2.

Yes we expect this all the time no matter what game, but its human nature i suppose...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Simoken said:

People so sold on the idea that we'll get smashed senseless... makes me sad really. Well to make you all feel better, we tend to play well against good teams, dont you think? I dont know why it is, but big stadiums/big teams/big games tend to bring the best out of a players performance, im not sure if its to do with pressure on the big stage and they want to try harder./impress the masses cause a majority watch these games. i dont know, but I think you are going to be surprised with how we respond to this game, Something to prove? lots of motivational reasons to give it an extra 50% more workrate. I can see a close game with plenty of Goals, 2-2.

Yes we expect this all the time no matter what game, but its human nature i suppose...

If we can get into them,like we did last season,albeit the end  result failed us.

We could come away with something...

Besides...I go into every single gameday..believing the day will be ours...Remember the Great L'pool and Man Utd days,where

Foxes got into the coup...

• Like 1

This is not an Evans sort of game. They are very rapid.  Need Soyunco, Chilwell and Armatey to play in this one. Thank God is Wes cannot select himself for this one.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Simoken said:

usually do ok against the big sides but very rarely take anything from them. especially away. the only point i remember(recently) from the big six was chelsea last season when they were garbage. 

15 minutes ago, don_danbury said:

usually do ok against the big sides but very rarely take anything from them. especially away. the only point i remember(recently) from the big six was chelsea last season when they were garbage. 

Yep, IIRC the only time we’ve ever came away with a result away at Arsenal was 94/95 when we were relegated and 99/00 in the FA Cup, they slaughtered us all game but we managed to come away with the draw. 

1 hour ago, mozartfox said:

This is not an Evans sort of game. They are very rapid.  Need Soyunco, Chilwell and Armatey to play in this one. Thank God is Wes cannot select himself for this one.

You'd throw Soyuncu in against Arsenal when he didn't even kick a ball in the Prem? That's a recipe for disaster and he'll slaughtered here.

On 16/10/2018 at 13:13, Ric Flair said:

He potentially needs a breather anyway, I'd have no qualms about throwing Soyuncu and Evans in and hoping for the best. This isn't a game we're expecting a clean sheet in and chances are we'll get comfortably beaten. Maguire was the pits vs Bournemouth after a tough 2 games for England so maybe Puel is intending to rest him anyway. Soyuncu by all accounts looked decent for Turkey.

When I saw him on Monday looking absolutely shattered I thought the same - it might not be the worst idea to give him a couple of weeks off before we get to the busy December period. 

41 minutes ago, That_Dude said:

You'd throw Soyuncu in against Arsenal when he didn't even kick a ball in the Prem? That's a recipe for disaster and he'll slaughtered here.

He has just played two games for Turkey ffs. OK have it your way and play Evans and Harry in Tandem against one of the quickest attacks in the EPL.  Also a recipe for getting slaughtered.  He has to start sometime.  

2 hours ago, mozartfox said:

My God! You want to pit Amartey and Soyuncu up against their attacking flair? Soyuncu might be brill but he’s never played a Prem game. And Amartey needs experience beside him surely?

:o

My pick would be Amartey and Harry

Edited by Col city fan
  • Haha 1

Arsenal won nine in a row, they might not look so good but they're clearly effective under Emery.

Reckon we could get something from this, I remember Silva had by far his best game for us in our 3-1 win at the end of last season, I wouldn't mind seeing him in next to Mendy for this.

It seems their manager got to grips with the league they're in form and it's an away game for us so if I was a realist I'd expect nothing else but a hammering... But I want to believe our internationals will be radiating confidence and contain them somehow and maybe this time we will miraculously not concede first! and somehow manage to turn the table on the Arses....

0-1 Leicesteir win, Maguire header in 88th minute

#inrachelwetrust

I am intrigued how we go with this one. Depends obviously on how everyone comes back from the internationals. At least we get a slightly longer rest period to get them rested and ready to go. 

I would try something a bit different .Would try Ricardo at RB again as that is what we got him in for. Let him get some time there. I would keep it compact. 

Kasper

Ricardo    Maguire     Soyuncu     Fuchs

Iborra

Albrighton   Mendy         Ndidi      Chilwell

Maddison

Vardy

Subs: Ward, Evans, Amartey, Silva, Ghezall, Iheanacho, Okazaki

12 minutes ago, Gazza M said:

I am intrigued how we go with this one. Depends obviously on how everyone comes back from the internationals. At least we get a slightly longer rest period to get them rested and ready to go. 

I would try something a bit different .Would try Ricardo at RB again as that is what we got him in for. Let him get some time there. I would keep it compact. 

Kasper

Iborra

Maddison

Vardy

You can't play 12 players :)

Edited by teblin

6 minutes ago, Gazza M said:

Kasper

Iborra

Maddison

Vardy

....I think the ref. will notice we have one too many!!!!

Would like to see:

Kaspar

Ramsey   Soyuncu   Maguire   Chilwell

Ndidi        Mendy

Albrighton    Madisson       Ricardo

Vardy

Bench: Nacho,Armartey,Ghezall,Fuchs, Iborra and Okazaki

Ghezall to replace Madisson after 75mins, Amartey can cover at CB or RB