Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Beechey

Fulham (A) Match Thread

1 minute ago, Matt said:

Ok, educate me.

What do you want me to say?

What can I say in the situation that I don't like the team? I could stay quiet but this place is to give opinions right? So I give my opinion, you can't say anything bad (So it seems), I make a sarcy comment, I pretend to tell people what they wanna hear....

What the **** do you want me to say?! Maybe I should just copy what you or the popular opinion are...

You could perhaps say "I don't like the team... but I know we have loads of injuries and that we can't play the same team game in game out". That would show that you actually understand some very basic things, rather than just be another one of those people who just whine constantly. 

I'd rather Ricardo was playing, but I also appreciate that with a young lad new to the league at the back he might want to try and keep it tighter with the support from Simpson, because we don't have the support of two old heads in the middle. I also appreciate that there are a shed load off games coming up and that players I like and think are our best players, will invariably have to sit some games out. I'd also appreciate that I have ZERO knowledge of the players fitness, what advice Puel has been given or how the players feel. 

It's little things like that which stop most people from just blurting out "Rubbish, Puel is an idiot because he's not picking my favourite 11 every game".

• Like 4

Looking forward to seeing what Nacho can do as the main striker, he really should be ahead of Shinji in that position, and Soyuncu at the back. Diabate has something to prove and Simpson has a chance to show he still has a role to play.

Could be a master stroke or a disaster stroke. Will take any sort of win as it stands, come on you blues!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

You could perhaps say "I don't like the team... but I know we have loads of injuries and that we can't play the same team game in game out". That would show that you actually understand some very basic things, rather than just be another one of those people who just whine constantly. 

I'd rather Ricardo was playing, but I also appreciate that with a young lad new to the league at the back he might want to try and keep it tighter with the support from Simpson, because we don't have the support of two old heads in the middle. I also appreciate that there are a shed load off games coming up and that players I like and think are our best players, will invariably have to sit some games out. I'd also appreciate that I have ZERO knowledge of the players fitness, what advice Puel has been given or how the players feel. 

It's little things like that which stop most people from just blurting out "Rubbish, Puel is an idiot because he's not picking my favourite 11 every game".

Ok, noted.

My argument and admittedly in my post I havn't put this context in but listening to RL (Yes, I know) they are discussing the fact we've probably made more changes than needed saving them for Saturday. Isn't tonight more winnable? Saturday's at home agreed, but it doesn't alter the fact tonight is more winnable - no disrespect to Fulham.

The changes made tonight - the unforced changes could cost us the win or even draw tonight, then we could, probably will lose Saturday.

It all remains to be seen, but it seems were prioritising a harder game and treating this game (With the above scenario's being discussed) with abit of disrespect.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, UPinCarolina said:

Definitely, that's exactly what happened. Everyone has gotten worse under Puel.

:facepalm:Come on man.

Yeah, especially that chilwell lad. Really disappointed after his last few seasons to see that puel has slowed down his progression.

3 minutes ago, Kasey Keller said:

We aint winning this.

Who in this squad should scare us, really? Shurrle (I believe their best player) and Cairney (probably their second best) are both on the bench. Mitrovic looks like their only real threat to me.

Edited by Beechey