Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Beechey

Fulham (A) Match Thread

5 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Salah rested, Firmino rested.  Mane, Pogba, Ramsay and Lukaku rested.  We rest Ricardo and change a couple due to injuries and Puel has basically killed Santa.  X

I'm sure there are some herberts on Scousechat, Arseweb and Manuretalk who are getting just as upset too.

I agree with @Matt that if we have to rest players, we should prioritise the more winnable one.

Edited by murphy
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Salah rested, Firmino rested.  Mane, Pogba, Ramsay and Lukaku rested.  We rest Ricardo and change a couple due to injuries and Puel has basically killed Santa.  X

A teacher here in the States was recently fired for telling a class full of 6 and 7 year olds that Santa isn't real.

:ph34r:

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

Ok, noted.

My argument and admittedly in my post I havn't put this context in but listening to RL (Yes, I know) they are discussing the fact we've probably made more changes than needed saving them for Saturday. Isn't tonight more winnable? Saturday's at home agreed, but it doesn't alter the fact tonight is more winnable - no disrespect to Fulham.

The changes made tonight - the unforced changes could cost us the win or even draw tonight, then we could, probably will lose Saturday.

It all remains to be seen, but it seems were prioritising a harder game and treating this game (With the above scenario's being discussed) with abit of disrespect.

We won't know one way or the other, if we'd not made the changes we could still have lost. Whether it's me, you or RL we don't really know whether some are forced or not. Perhaps Ricardo felt a bit leggy, perhaps Gray had a sniffle, we don't know YET. This is where I wish radio Leicester or the Merc actually earnt their coin and asked proper questions to get answers. But they very rarely ask for detail.

Perhaps Puel felt we should still have enough to beat the bottom team, perhaps (as mentioned) tactically he thought it wiser to help out the back line with an experienced head to help along the two younger lads. There are usually plenty of potential reasons for managers to make changes, with more than understandable reasoning. We might not all agree with it, I can accept that so long as people can at least try and understand and see it from that point of view as well. 

Unfortunately, as I say the reporting is pretty shit and people are looking for soundbites or controversy rather than detail that helps us all understand.