Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Up next.. SPURS (H).

Got a feeling the spuds will have one eye on the champions league match next week , so we go in hard with them rough them up a bit make them work for everything really thinking we could come out of this game with a draw or a win hoping CP picks the best team possible to rough these bottlers up !

Plus will be missing this one so having an ear piece in tomorrow night as with the family at an Xmas panto !!???

• Like 1

Although  Nacho is not in the best of form he’s not the problem sure he missed an early chance but so has Vardy this season. We’re just not getting the ball to him or Vardy.

Unless we change the way we player or improve on the players with the current set up any striker we play will be living off the minimum of scraps.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, kingfox said:

As Vardy is still out I'd like to see us go with this...

Schmeichel

Ricardo - Morgan - Maguire - Chilwell

Ndidi - Mendy

Albrighton - Okazaki - Maddison

Iheanacho

Bench - Ward, Evans, Simpson, Fuchs, Iborra, Diabate, Gray

Iheanacho and Okazaki need to start together, they are useless when up front on their own, play them together, go for it and see what happens. Maddison on the left isn't ideal but he needs to start regardless. Maguire straight back in if he's fit enough, Evans on the bench, I wouldn't have Soyuncu in the 18. 

Maybe revert to three at the back as the game goes on.

Liking the look of that kingfox

How about?                                                                                                                                                                                                 

Schmeichel

Ricardo - Morgan - Söyüncü - Maguire - Chilwell

Ndidi - Mendy

Albrighton - Maddison

Iheanacho

On 06/12/2018 at 20:57, RumbleFox said:

lineup.png

Why no Wilf? Not having a pop just genuinely interested.

Personally thought our ‘Wilf-less’ experiment completely failed at Brighton, though that could quite easily have been down to the fact we had nothing going forward with Shinji as a lone striker.

Didn’t think I’d be saying this a few weeks ago, but if fit I think Wes keeps his place. He loves throwing his body on the line to put in big blocks and I feel as though that kind of play may well be needed tonight.

Will be interesting to see who Claude goes with.

14 hours ago, UPinCarolina said:

If Nacho leads the line, he'll need to be adequately supported. Enter Shinji.

I think I'd agree with that. Push Maddison out left more and Albrighton out right. Nacho on his own would effectively concede all possession to Spurs. If Spurs have 70%+ possession they will score two or more. 

We need to be far less wasteful in possession this evening

Kas

Ric Mor Eva Chi

Alb Ndi Men Gra

Mad

Ian

Not sure about a back three containing Soy against Spurs. And I'm not sure Evans can play well on the left in a three but if he can:

Kas

Eva Mor Mag

Ric Ndi Men Chi

Mad

Shj Ian

Probs the first formation though.

Iborra has played up front in the past.  Obviously not mobile but could be the target man Kelechi needs alongside. Won’t happen though because I don’t think Puel wants two players who don’t have the energy to track back or press 

he’d be a great presence but again mobility might be a problem 

If we are relying on Nacho today we are going to get hammered. Hope I'm wrong obviously but this would be the ideal stage if I was him to shove two fingers upto all his critics(Me being one!!!). Unfortunately I think he's lacking in many departments, mentality wise being the most obvious.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Devonfox1884 said:

Why no Wilf? Not having a pop just genuinely interested.

Personally thought our ‘Wilf-less’ experiment completely failed at Brighton, though that could quite easily have been down to the fact we had nothing going forward with Shinji as a lone striker.

Didn’t think I’d be saying this a few weeks ago, but if fit I think Wes keeps his place. He loves throwing his body on the line to put in big blocks and I feel as though that kind of play may well be needed tonight.

Will be interesting to see who Claude goes with.

Hi there

I think I talked about it on another thread.  I just think he has looked burnt out recently.  I think Wilf is one of our best players and certainly potentially our best CM but he hasn't been at his best recently and I was hoping he might benefit from a rest.  Other than that I agree with your points pretty much.  X

Edited by RumbleFox

2 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Hi there

I think I talked about it on another thread.  I just think he has looked burnt out recently.  I think Wilf is one of our best players and certainly potentially our best CM but he hasn't been at his best recently and I was hoping he might benefit from a rest.  Other than that I agree with your points pretty much.  X

Ah ok, he might benefit from a rest in fairness, just not sure a game against Spurs is the right time to do it.

This is why I’d make an awful football manager, I’d bottle any decision like this lol 

3 minutes ago, Devonfox1884 said:

Ah ok, he might benefit from a rest in fairness, just not sure a game against Spurs is the right time to do it.

This is why I’d make an awful football manager, I’d bottle any decision like this lol 

Yeah me too.  I am great from my armchair!  He is a young lad and has played more football than anyone over the last year or so.  Just hoping a rest might help him find is form.  Puel is gonna flack whatever he does.  Play him and if he plays poor will be accused of picking the same old, underperforming players or rest him and get massive stick if his replacement bombs.  I'll stick to Champ Manager.  X