Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
surrifox

Andy King to..........

25 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

Iborra gone, silva going or out of favour, MJ looks a long way from 100 percent. We now play 3 central midfielders. I wonder if he’s as surplus to requirements as we assume

I wouldn't be shocked to see him kept until the summer now, but he's still out the door as soon as we can get new players in.

• Like 1

Just now, Babylon said:

I wouldn't be shocked to see him kept until the summer now, but he's still out the door as soon as we can get new players in.

I think I'm just in denial.

The last player I was actually upset about leaving was Neil Lennon. Prior to that it was probably Mark Draper.

I must have forgotten a few. With Kante and Mahrez it was just inevitable and probably the right moves for them (that's how you make a move to a bigger side and actually play, Danny!)

I'm told by a friend who has spoken to a 'source close to Andy King' he wants to get involved in coaching. Perhaps not a surprise, but it would be good to see him at City in a coaching capacity; if he leaves to continue playing I hope he can be involved with the club in the future.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, The People's Hero said:

I think I'm just in denial.

The last player I was actually upset about leaving was Neil Lennon. Prior to that it was probably Mark Draper.

I must have forgotten a few. With Kante and Mahrez it was just inevitable and probably the right moves for them (that's how you make a move to a bigger side and actually play, Danny!)

I'm pretty sure he'll be registered for the remainder of the season if we are going to play with 3 in the middle regularly. 

Hamza, Wilf, Mendy and James just isn't enough bodies. 

39 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

I'm pretty sure he'll be registered for the remainder of the season if we are going to play with 3 in the middle regularly. 

Hamza, Wilf, Mendy and James just isn't enough bodies. 

I blooody hope not would be a step backwards not forward 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

I blooody hope not would be a step backwards not forward 

Who else is there? 

We're not going to sign a new CM for 17 games unless it's value for money. It can wait until the summer. He would just be a 5th body if needed.

52 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Who else is there? 

We're not going to sign a new CM for 17 games unless it's value for money. It can wait until the summer. He would just be a 5th body if needed.

If we didn’t sign someone I would rather play one of the  u23’s than King and give them experience . We all know what King can and can’t do .

• Like 3

He's becoming an embarrassment to himself, He knows he cannot cut it anymore in the premiership.

Yet he could do a good job in the Championship or league 1.

We really need to continue with clearing the fringe players from the squad. Then we know where we stand going into the Summer Window.

Edited by Clever Fox
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

Why would he kick up a fuss though? He's been paid brilliantly for a lad that's been nothing but dependable back up for about 5 or 6 years.

Seems like a top guy, but we need to stop being a charity to players and actually start filling the squad with talent that can help push the club on.

I completely agree, and your comment is respectful of that. I thought we'd replaced him too, but with the recent departures i think he may still be required unless we bring someone in. My point isn't about whether he should or shouldn't be in our plans, it's the way in which some people dismiss him, in a similar way to that in which Peter Taylor dismissed another legend of our club, that being Stevie Walsh. I hold King in a similar respect.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Al-aLondon-Foxile said:

I completely agree, and your comment is respectful of that. I thought we'd replaced him too, but with the recent departures i think he may still be required unless we bring someone in. My point isn't about whether he should or shouldn't be in our plans, it's the way in which some people dismiss him, in a similar way to that in which Peter Taylor dismissed another legend of our club, that being Stevie Walsh. I hold King in a similar respect.  

And harsh as it sounds, this is why you never want a fan being your manager. (Not that it will happen)

2 hours ago, filbertway said:

Why would he kick up a fuss though? He's been paid brilliantly for a lad that's been nothing but dependable back up for about 5 or 6 years.

Seems like a top guy, but we need to stop being a charity to players and actually start filling the squad with talent that can help push the club on.

Obviously being paid way above what his ability dictates hence him sticking around despite getting little to no game time in last 2 years.  Who the hell gave him a long term contract as a bit part player?

The deification of this player is beyond me. He’s the epitome of what everyone is moaning about with Puel currently. Sideways backwards safety first.  Yes he’s been here ages and had the odd decent season but he hasn’t been effective for so long...

• Like 2

On 10/01/2019 at 20:50, oxford blue said:

I'm told by a friend who has spoken to a 'source close to Andy King' he wants to get involved in coaching. Perhaps not a surprise, but it would be good to see him at City in a coaching capacity; if he leaves to continue playing I hope he can be involved with the club in the future.

The way we play sideways and backwards he must be coaching here already...

• Haha 1

Bristol City don't have anywhere near enough CM to consider selling Brownhill in Jan... could be used as part of that deal, imagine he would quite like to be close to Wales for international periods also. 

Interesting thought popped into my head this morning, obviously Kingy is out longest serving current player, and although there have been a few players in the past who have spent more time at the club than him, manager chopping and changing is much more frequent now. Does Andy King hold the record for having more different managers at Leicester than any other player?