Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
surrifox

Andy King to..........

4 hours ago, hackneyfox said:

Why?

He's had a great time at the club and been well paid for it.

He's no longer in our plans and should have left in the summer. 

If we have no intention of playing him why should he get a number?

Both the club, player and fans have to move on at some point.

Good to know your view on respect and dignity....

15 hours ago, Abrasive fox said:

Good to know your view on respect and dignity....

How long do you respect a player for after he's no longer needed.

He was given an extension, would you like to keep every pl winning player till they retire from the game.

If King had any dignity perhaps he should have left in the summer, it was made obvious he wasn't part of the club's plans.

Sorry if I upset you Mrs King.

Edited by hackneyfox
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Tuna said:

Excluding him from the 25 man squad in favour of the useless, permanently injured James was a ridiculous decision.

Agree, pure stupidity selecting a player that isn't even available. Although King wouldn't offer a great deal on the pitch at least he would be fit. 

15 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

Agree, pure stupidity selecting a player that isn't even available. Although King wouldn't offer a great deal on the pitch at least he would be fit.

King no longer offers anything as far as the club are concerned.

Perhaps they hoped James would be backer from injury before January.

Personally I wouldn't have given either of them a number.

• Thanks 1

If the club do see King as totally surplus to requirements then a move to West Brom would be a good option for him. A top end Championship club where he can really make his mark and be a calm and experienced head in the dressing room. Hopefully we can get a decent fee, somewhere between £2-4million would be nice, and we can put that fee and wage money towards a player who improves the squad.

Edited by LCCFox96

• 2 weeks later...

Would be nice if he was on the bench against Newport and could come on for a ‘farewell’ appearance if he has something lined up by then.

The man is an absolute hero and this is probably the hardest thing Puel has had to do. It’s a big call and something other managers simply wouldn’t have done. I think credit has to go to Puel for it as, as much as I love Kingy, we’ve outgrown him as a club now.

Hopefully he’ll come back to the club in some capacity once his playing days are over.

• Like 4

Hel will still be here next summer . He was told last summer to find a club as he had no future here and surprise surprise he’s still here . Either no one wants him , they don’t want to pay his wage or he doesn’t want to take a pay cut and is content to sit about kicking his heals . 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, baldeagle said:

Hel will still be here next summer . He was told last summer to find a club as he had no future here and surprise surprise he’s still here . Either no one wants him , they don’t want to pay his wage or he doesn’t want to take a pay cut and is content to sit about kicking his heals . 

He's contracted until 2020 so we may have a long wait.

22 hours ago, fleckneymike said:

I would guess, as a show of respect, that we will allow King to leave on a free so he can continue his career as quickly as possible. I would think a host of Championship clubs would be interested not to mention some lower Pram sides.

How did you find out kingy was into this adult baby kink? 

• Haha 1

No fairytale ending for Leicester City's Andy King

If Sunday’s FA Cup defeat at Newport County was Andy King’s last appearance for Leicester City it will have been a disappointing end to an illustrious City career.

The 30-year-old made his 379 appearance for the club at Rodney Parade when he came off the substitutes bench for his first appearance of the season against Newport County.

King’s City career seemed to be over as manager Claude Puel had left him out of his Premier League squad and failed to utilise him in the Carabao Cup, and with a move away from the King Power Stadium after 15 years with the club expected during the January transfer window, his 22 minutes on the pitch proved not to be the swansong King would have wanted after winning the League One, Championship and Premier League titles with City.

Puel: No excuses
Puel said he was hoping for a fairytale ending for the club stalwart, but admitted it may well have been the last time the Blue Army will see him in a City shirt.

“Perhaps, I don’t know,” Puel said when asked if it was the end for King.

“We will see with the evolution of the transfer window for Andy.

Five talking points from Leicester City's FA Cup defeat to Newport County
“I was happy to give him this possibility to come into the team and perhaps to find his last chance and last shot.

“It would have been great for him to get an opportunity and to score at the end, and get us back into the game.

“He is a fantastic professional with a fantastic attitude all the time. I want to respect him.”

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/no-fairytale-ending-leicester-citys-2400927