Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Chilwell to Manchester City

Just another player Man City want so that other teams can't.

It's about time players learn from Drinkwater and Mahrez's mistakes, i'm sure there are many other examples regarding other teams players too.

Don't get me wrong it might work for them and you can't blame them for wanting to try at a higher level but hopefully soon or later players weigh the situations up stopping clubs like Man City just stockpiling players.

Chelsea, Man Utd, e.t.c have always done it but Man City are taking it to another level just signing players so other teams can't have them.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Matt said:

It's about time players learn from Drinkwater and Mahrez's mistakes, i'm sure there are many other examples regarding other teams players too.

Don't get me wrong it might work for them and you can't blame them for wanting to try at a higher level but hopefully soon or later players weigh the situations up stopping clubs like Man City just stockpiling players.

Chelsea, Man Utd, e.t.c have always done it but Man City are taking it to another level just signing players so other teams can't have them.

I think they'd probably be signing him because they've been mostly playing without a recognised left-back for the best part of two seasons.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

His end product isn’t good enough. Man City can probably find a cheaper alternative, who’s not English and is better in the final third. Ben is still a few years off a top 4 club just yet.

He probably thinks he can prize that end product out pretty quickly with his methods.

3 hours ago, AKCJ said:

to me that says he won’t push for a move. If they come in with a crazy offer that we accept, let’s be honest now, he won’t turn them down.

13 minutes ago, MPH said:

to me that says he won’t push for a move. If they come in with a crazy offer that we accept, let’s be honest now, he won’t turn them down.

I don't think Man City will spend enough to make us accept.

I think we'd reject the likes of 50m.

That article man.

"Pep Guardiola eyes mammoth spending spree to stockpile talent" do they not have enough ****ing players or a kid in the academy they've spent so much on that they could blood in at left back?

I don't dislike guardiola or the club really but they really don't need to spend a further £200 million considering what they already have, Christ.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Langston said:

That article man.

"Pep Guardiola eyes mammoth spending spree to stockpile talent" do they not have enough ****ing players or a kid in the academy they've spent so much on that they could blood in at left back?

I don't dislike guardiola or the club really but they really don't need to spend a further £200 million considering what they already have, Christ.

I dislike the top 6 clubs purely as they stockpile promising players, minute anyone performs for a team they're instantly linked to man city. It's bs

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Matt said:

I think you could maybe make that argument with Mahrez but they do genuinely need a left back. They obviously spent a lot on Mendy and he's excellent but he's been injured more often than not and only made 13 league starts since he arrived. Then they've got Zinchenko, who's a talent but isn't a left back, and Delph, who's probably only there to fill out the home-grown quota and also isn't a left back.

23 hours ago, AKCJ said:

I don't think Man City will spend enough to make us accept.

I think we'd reject the likes of 50m.

Who knows we have no clue what our budget is. Then even less of a clue what Rodgers will want to spend on. 

As soon as Man City bid Chilwell's head will be turned and he'll push for a move. It's an absolute no-brainer for him, unfortunately.

Whether he's good enough, well, Pep would soon get the best out of him. If you think about how much he's improved this season then he could easily be good enough to play every game in 12-18 months once he's developed a bit more.

The most one-footed player I've ever seen, mind.

22 minutes ago, Frost said:

As soon as Man City bid Chilwell's head will be turned and he'll push for a move. It's an absolute no-brainer for him, unfortunately.

Whether he's good enough, well, Pep would soon get the best out of him. If you think about how much he's improved this season then he could easily be good enough to play every game in 12-18 months once he's developed a bit more.

The most one-footed player I've ever seen, mind.

Its insane isnt it.  Every time he has the ball all I can hear in my mind is LEFT FOOT LEFT FOOT LEFT FOOT!  and i'm sure defenders must think the same.  It renders that pace he has in his game useless quite often

He is terrified of that right foot of his.  Over the summer someone should make him spend days and weeks doing nothing but playing with his right foot, would improve him so much

23 hours ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Its insane isnt it.  Every time he has the ball all I can hear in my mind is LEFT FOOT LEFT FOOT LEFT FOOT!  and i'm sure defenders must think the same.  It renders that pace he has in his game useless quite often

He is terrified of that right foot of his.  Over the summer someone should make him spend days and weeks doing nothing but playing with his right foot, would improve him so much

I was completely right footed as a player so me and my mate used to play ‘wall-ey’ just using our left feet.

If it was good enough for us it’s good enough for Chillers!

Find yourself a wall young man and get kicking!

:D

• Like 3