Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Next game, Tuesday: against Manchester City (EFL Cup, quarter-final)

Mahrez will surely score if he plays, some melts in the crowd will boo him despite the fact that he’s a legend, no doubt we will raise our game like we usually do against a good team but their quality will be too much I fear. 

9 minutes ago, dyanmark said:

Anyone else remember us beating these 4 3 in the cup way back cold foggy midweek evening and Len Glover nearly breaking the crossbar with a shot .1978ish

That game is probably older than Forest Hill Golf Club and Park Hill Golf Club have/had been operating for, combined..:whistle:

A few years ago under Ranieri in 16/17 we played Man City and I thought for that game they'll beat us in 1st gear the way we were playing, we destroyed them 4-2! Would love a repeat, certainly not going to hold my breath though

De Bruyne returned from a second serious injury of the season in today’s 3-1 win over Everton, replacing Riyad Mahrez with 15 minutes remaining.

And it sounds like the talismanic 27-year-old will START against Leicester, based on what Pep’s remarks to the press following the match.

“It is important he plays, he will play against Leicester in the [Carabao] cup,” Guardiola confirmed.

It was in the last round of the same competition that De Bruyne suffered his most recent injury, limping off with just 4 minutes to go against Fulham, and today’s appearance against Everton was his first since then.

Guardiola hopes to ease De Bruyne back in gradually, referring to the ‘process’ prior to the Everton game.

Pep said on Friday about KDB: “We believe everything needs a process. It’s better to start step by step.”

5 minutes ago, TiffToff88 said:

Why is it a bizarre thing to say? It's true. Win, lose or draw, certain people on here still find something to moan about

If we beat Man City 3-0 to reach the semi finals, no one will be moaning.

I agree that this place can be overly negative at times, and I get the point you're trying to make but I think that's a bit extreme.

2 hours ago, Corky said:

The good thing about this game is everyone expects us to lose so if we do there will be no moaning afterwards.

Whilst that is true, Puel apparently has a plan, this is apparently our priority to honour Vichai.

Let's atleast go out there and give it a go, attack a little.

It's not simply just the results, it's the way we're are playing and the failure to get the best out of what he's got that I believe is what most people are pissed off about.

Honestly, I'm not sure I care if we lose, I don't really expect anything more given our issues and how handily Man City have swatted pretty much every other team aside. All I want is to feel like we tried, to feel like the players and the manager gave it their all and even it that still means we fall short, then I won't have many complaints to make. I don't have any expectations, I just want us to have more than say 1 chance from open play all game, not just pass it around for 90 minutes where the culmination of the move isn't giving the ball away after zero penetration, just something that makes me feel some sort of optimism that we can get out of our current slump. Maybe I don't have a high enough bar, but that'll do.

Give Chilwell a 10k bonus if, when Pepsi Cola comes and puts his arm round him, he knees him in the nuts ...   and get Filbert Fox to sneak into their dressing room and hide Mardy arses gloves so his little fingy wingers get cold.   But best of all ..   stuff the arrogant cvnts and kick em off the park.   Up the city !! ...    :scarf:

• Thanks 1