Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bedford Fox

Brendan Rodgers..yay or nay?

Brendan Rodgers  

734 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be happy if Rodgers took charge?

• Yes
    • No way

48 minutes ago, Hammo said:

Please no.

Potentially Peter Taylor Mark II.

If, heaven forbid, that ghastly, puffed-up little man comes here, don't say I didn't warn you.

The results of this poll worry me big time.

Peter Taylor was totally clueless, signing the biggest bag of utter shite available from the lower leagues! I honestly don’t know how you can compare the two managers?!

Just now, Tringfox said:

Peter Taylor was totally clueless, signing the biggest bag of utter shite available from the lower leagues! I honestly don’t know how you can compare the two managers?!

Check Rodgers 300m spent at Liverpool, he makes Taylor look good and thrifty ... well almost. Think you'll find his track record at Liverpool and now Celtic also has 'bags of shite' written over most of them.

33 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

How is he potentially ‘Peter Taylor mark ll’? Surely that could be said about any new manager if things go t*ts up.

Because some,  like Rodgers have there tits half hanging out already! They've gone up once and could be about to flopp em out again. Don't want his tits anywhere near Leicester. 

37 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Check Rodgers 300m spent at Liverpool, he makes Taylor look good and thrifty ... well almost. Think you'll find his track record at Liverpool and now Celtic also has 'bags of shite' written over most of them.

Liverpool really should have won the league under Rogers and Celtic have dominated all the time he’s been up in Scotland. 

What are you talking about?

12 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Liverpool really should have won the league under Rogers and Celtic have dominated all the time he’s been up in Scotland. 

What are you talking about?

Money

Just now, Col city fan said:

What, so all the other Prem clubs who Liverpool very nearly beat to the Prem title didn’t have any money then?

What have you got against Rodgers?

Nothing personally, I even said he might be decent. You asked what are they talking about, and it was money :)

3 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

Alternatively he had them finish 6th and 7th and was sacked with them in 10th, grossly underperforming given the stature of the club outside that one season.

This is the same Liverpool who haven’t won the title for what 25 years?

Rodgers, until Klopp, got them closest.

1 minute ago, The Doctor said:

Alternatively he had them finish 6th and 7th and was sacked with them in 10th, grossly underperforming given the stature of the club outside that one season.

And they finished 6th-8th during the three seasons before he took over.

How many managers have good finishes every year?

• Like 1

Okay here we go.

I am not a big fan of Puel, but nor do I utterly detest him. Sometimes I think I can see what he is trying to do, and he is bring our youngsters through successfully whilst playing them in the Premier League which is a tough ask and not without risk. With youngsters you will get mistakes, ups and downs, that is player development. Then at other times as against Cardiff we look like we could be out there all day every day for a week, by the end of which we would still lose 1-0. On balance I don't think he is the right man for Leicester, and this is harsh because personally I think that if you want to see the best of a manager he needs time, 3-5 years to build a squad in the way he wants to see the game played, he needs backing to keep the players he wants and help to get rid of those he doesn't. If we toss Puel out we might live to regret it, not so very long ago where we sit now would have been consider a success in itself.

To push on we need a manager from the next level and that is hard because they want money, players and prestige. We have a very proud history but the sort of manager we need is the sort that would want Man Utd, Liverpool, etc, on which point Liverpool have struck gold with Klopp, young, talented, enthusiastic, determined, but also given time, money and players. Where Liverpool are now is not an overnight success, but Klopp could reign like Fergie did. But would a Klopp ever have come to Leicester ? Probably not, unless we are prepared to pay more and back his dream to build something. Personally, I do believe if we want to develop further, this is what we will have to do.

Is Rodgers the man. Difficult to say. I think he is a step up from Puel but only just. I think we would be safe enough with Rodgers and we would probably be more entertaining, but I don't think he would be the one to take us higher.

No guts no glory, is the saying and I think we are at a watershed in terms of our ambition. Easy for me to say, I'm not really the one who will have to foot the bill.

However, if we are not going to push the boat out and really go for it in terms of getting the sort of manager to develop the club further, and bring in the top end quality players, then PLEASE can we give the Cup competitions and right good go !

Edited by JamesWelshFox
I can't spell !
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, volpeazzurro said:

Did HE spend 300m though? Was that no the club and their infrastructure

2 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

The fact he was out of work for 8 months and no Premiership club signed him. Hed got found out here. Spent over 300m on players at Liverpool  that largely didn't work out including Balotelli. The fans couldn't wait to get rid of him if you check the press as the time. Accusations of arrogance with players and big fall outs with Gerrard. Got rid of the scout at Celtic that bought in Van Dyke, Wanyama, Forster and a couple of others that escape me (including wanting to sign Benkovic for 3m and the board wouldn't stump up the money) Rodgers put his own man in and around 17 signings later, many of them are now under scrutiny for being poor. Now on equal points with Rangers who with far less money with Gerard seem to be catching him up along with Kilmarnock and Aberdeen. He's a Leicester disaster waiting to happen.

The scout you mention at Celtic....got a promotion to take on a bigger role at Huddersfield ? Who subsequently left there after a year to be DoF at Norwich. 

Worth pointing out that Rodgers did have this Celtic team unbeaten for a season and over 50 games. Developing many a youngster in the process; Forrest, Tierney, Dembele and a few fair now playing whilst still top of the SPL

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

The scout you mention at Celtic....got a promotion to take on a bigger role at Huddersfield ? Who subsequently left there after a year to be DoF at Norwich. 

Worth pointing out that Rodgers did have this Celtic team unbeaten for a season and over 50 games. Developing many a youngster in the process; Forrest, Tierney, Dembele and a few fair now playing whilst still top of the SPL

The SPL compared to the EPL is like comparing Rachel Riley with Ann Widdecombe! 

My pet dog could have Managed Celtic without Rangers in it and win the thing! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, volpeazzurro said:

Was Rodgers in charge of recruitment?? 

• Thanks 1