Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bedford Fox

Brendan Rodgers..yay or nay?

Brendan Rodgers  

734 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be happy if Rodgers took charge?

• Yes
    • No way

21 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

This is the same Liverpool who haven’t won the title for what 25 years?

Rodgers, until Klopp, got them closest.

If we're arguing that then Benitez got them as close while being more consistent outside of that season. Also spent 234m across 6 years against 284m in 3 years by the Brent wannabe.

18 minutes ago, The_77 said:

And they finished 6th-8th during the three seasons before he took over.

How many managers have good finishes every year?

So in other words he continued their underperformance and just set them back a couple of years. Great, sounds ideal 

17 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Good point. Don’t let the Doctor put his spin on the stats. You’ll get into an extremely boring spiraling argument

At least I actually deal in facts and don't lie about previous positions to always seem right. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tringfox said:

I think he would be a great fit for us, his sides play good football and more importantly the fans would believe in him!

I think he’s be a good choice but what have you based the latter statement on? 

Ranieri did the impossible and half way through the second season the fans confidence in him had gone (bit of a mute point because I believe he would have taken us down) - but with that precedent set I think we’re incapable of getting behind a manager now (after the title win) unless we win every game. I guarantee if Rodgers came here, no end would come on here and cum their pants with excitement only to be the first to sharpen their pitchforks the moment he went on a bad run. It happened time and time again with Pearson and I don’t see that changing any time soon. With this squad, whoever comes in has got a job on their hands and until that changes we’ll be going round in circles. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

50 games unbeaten - you can search multiple divisions of the world and you’ll struggle to find such an achievement in the past few years. 

I'm still not convinced that the SPL is anything but an extremely poor league with very little competition for Celtic. 

He also improved Reading and Cardiff when he was there too. 

I think it would be harsh on Claude to be let go - this is a results business and we are still doing pretty well in terms of points.

Performances and play style are evolving but we are still too slow, not sure if that is CP, personnel or a mix.

Rodgers has proved he can cultivate a passing with intent mentality into multiple teams, and I’m not sure why he is getting so much stick for getting LFC to second (and who knows without the famous Stevie G slip?), and winning with Celtic (not like he can win there - no pun intended) whilst improving them somewhat in Europe too. 

I don’t think it will happen now, more likely a summer change, the board can’t be deaf to the boos and fan disgruntlement, but we need to see where we finish. If it’s not 7th or 8th, I think CP is gone for sure

1 hour ago, The Doctor said:

If we're arguing that then Benitez got them as close while being more consistent outside of that season. Also spent 234m across 6 years against 284m in 3 years by the Brent wannabe.

So in other words he continued their underperformance and just set them back a couple of years. Great, sounds ideal 

At least I actually deal in facts and don't lie about previous positions to always seem right. 

You put a spin on facts! And go on and on and on with them. You should be a politician for this reason. And that you bore me to tears!

:D

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

Well it's a yay from Brendan himself.....

So what do you know. I hope this is true I can stomach Rodgers well over Puel and id be delighted to stick a V up at Cockshaw on twitter Sean from nowhere

10 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

Well it's a yay from Brendan himself.....

Reckon the club have been talking to potential replacement behind the scenes and Puel's days are numbered if LCFC fail to get a positive result against Wolves.

2 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Reckon the club have been talking to potential replacement behind the scenes and Puel's days are numbered if LCFC fail to get a positive result against Wolves.

There’s no chance Brendan leaves Celtic mid season