Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bedford Fox

Brendan Rodgers..yay or nay?

Brendan Rodgers  

734 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be happy if Rodgers took charge?

• Yes
    • No way

More banter from Big Claude:

Leicester - who are eighth in the Premier League table - travel to 11th-placed Wolves on Saturday and a win at Molineux could move the Foxes above Watford into seventh place, although Puel remains under pressure amid reports that the club are lining up Celtic boss Brendan Rodgers to replace him.

When asked about the speculation over his job, Puel replied: "It's a common thread at every presser. I cannot manage speculation, we often have a lot of bets about manager future. I'm sorry for people who have bet on him [Brendan Rodgers] - they have lost money."

Edited by ealingfox

4 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

So we are stuck, watching the equivalent of your nan eating a banana in the bath. It's vulgar and I can't see how fans can stomach it.

That's not at all fair. The football hasn't been as revolting as that implies. It's been mediocre, defensively very solid (5th best defence in the league, only Chelsea, Spurs, Man City and Liverpool better), attacking not great (11th best attack). It's been pragmatic, grinding out a good number of 1/2 goal wins and low scoring draws to keep the points rolling in, but with the inconsistency that being midtable brings. Even then, it's not always been that way and draws a clear line in terms of with and without Mahrez - since Puel took over, in terms of league games only; 27 games before Mahrez was sold, 44 goals (1.63 goals per game), 22 games since Mahrez was sold, 26 goals (1.18 goals per game). Given the points per game return has remained consistent (1.41 with Mahrez, 1.41 without him), Puel deserves a lot of credit that no-one is affording him for keeping a team as effective having lost a genuinely world class player.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

Sound familiar?

Except we havent failed and are if anything doing as well or better. Just sayin

I'm willing to bet you that we will not finish 7th, just not going to happen.. in fact I have doubts we will finish this season higher than last season.

39 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

That's not at all fair. The football hasn't been as revolting as that implies. It's been mediocre, defensively very solid (5th best defence in the league, only Chelsea, Spurs, Man City and Liverpool better), attacking not great (11th best attack). It's been pragmatic, grinding out a good number of 1/2 goal wins and low scoring draws to keep the points rolling in, but with the inconsistency that being midtable brings. Even then, it's not always been that way and draws a clear line in terms of with and without Mahrez - since Puel took over, in terms of league games only; 27 games before Mahrez was sold, 44 goals (1.63 goals per game), 22 games since Mahrez was sold, 26 goals (1.18 goals per game). Given the points per game return has remained consistent (1.41 with Mahrez, 1.41 without him), Puel deserves a lot of credit that no-one is affording him for keeping a team as effective having lost a genuinely world class player.

Or you've got a really fit grandma

• Haha 2

49 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Jesus Christ. He's won everything and had a 60+ unbeaten run.

What a stupid post.

Its all relative. In fairness he can only win the games Celtic have.  However it has not been a very competative league has it.

I am sorry to have dampened the enthusiasm for rogers. ... but there's always a range of opinions... 

Edited by foxinsocks

4 hours ago, Col city fan said:

And if I remember rightly, the crazy behaviour of one Mr Suarez? 

Yep.

For 9 games I think they did alright without him, but obviously might have done better with him.

I'm not saying Rodgers is a great manager, he was awul at Reading, but he did wonders at Swansea, almost won the EPL with Liverpool and has won everything possible at Celtic. You don't go 63 games unbeaten if your manager doesn't have a clue what he's doing.

Edited by Leicester_Loyal
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, surrifox said:

Changing to Rodgers (or indeed Dyche who seems to be mentioned on other sites) strikes me as change for the sake of it . Neither seems to Have much of a “vision” . CP seems to at least have a view of where he wants to takes the club based on phasing out the old guard and bringing in youth but seems to be meeting resistance to change and this is is causing the poor performances and results just of late .we may well change manager but I wouldn’t be surprised if Rodgers isn’t the man

Strongly disagree with that in Rodgers case. His time at Swansea where he evolved a squad with numerous long servers, established them in the Prem and then his predecessor pushed on a little more. 

"It is a fantastic club but for me at this moment in time my concentration is purely on Celtic and looking forward to the second part of this season."

He is definitely leaving this summer, whether to us or someone else IMO. 

I don't believe rumours we have contacted him yet but do think we would be a good fit, so wouldn't be a stretch to think that he will be seriously considered if Puel leaves this summer. 

1 minute ago, Countryfox said:

Maybe next season, if the team drops down the division, but not now ...   surely.

Depends if the reports of players/staff unrest are actually true though. Could be issues going on as well as the boring football. 

Can't complain with 8th though, so Top should see how we finish the season before acting!