Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bedford Fox

Brendan Rodgers..yay or nay?

Brendan Rodgers  

734 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be happy if Rodgers took charge?

• Yes
    • No way

2 minutes ago, That_Dude said:

I'd suggest you have a look at the "Reality check thread" for example. Then you'll know.

Yep. Same kinda posts. Some unhappy with his comments and style of football and want him to go. Others think his comments were taking out of contest and think he deserves more time.  

4 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

For all of about 5 weeks, then the same folk will be crying for Rodgers out

Mainly because there's a good chance he'd become our second Peter Taylor. Nobody wanted him before he went to Celtic and nobody apart from the desperate and clutching at straws should want him now.

On Saturday, December 22, 2018 at 13:52, StriderHiryu said:

Yes from me. He’s full of himself and often insufferable but he’s got a proven track record of getting teams to play exciting stuff. Forget Celtic and Liverpool for a second and remember the job he did at Swansea. Despite having limited players he got them playing cracking stuff. Most fans number one problem with Puel is the boring football so having a manager who tries to play good stuff is a big plus. 

Maybe pop on the Celtic fans forum and see what they are saying about his style of football in their Micky Mouse league! It's a nay from me.

Edited by Bluetintedspecs

22 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

What is this based on? 

The fact he was out of work for 8 months and no Premiership club signed him. Hed got found out here. Spent over 300m on players at Liverpool  that largely didn't work out including Balotelli. The fans couldn't wait to get rid of him if you check the press as the time. Accusations of arrogance with players and big fall outs with Gerrard. Got rid of the scout at Celtic that bought in Van Dyke, Wanyama, Forster and a couple of others that escape me (including wanting to sign Benkovic for 3m and the board wouldn't stump up the money) Rodgers put his own man in and around 17 signings later, many of them are now under scrutiny for being poor. Now on equal points with Rangers who with far less money with Gerard seem to be catching him up along with Kilmarnock and Aberdeen. He's a Leicester disaster waiting to happen.

Edited by volpeazzurro
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

Think Rodgers is a good manager to be fair.

did well with Liverpool with a pretty poor squad in all fairness, did well with swansea and is matching expectations at celtic.

just find him incredibly arrogant lol

Pretty poor squad at Liverpool?! They had Suarez, Coutinho and Sterling, plus a fit and firing Daniel Sturridge. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Hammo said:

Please no.

Potentially Peter Taylor Mark II.

If, heaven forbid, that ghastly, puffed-up little man comes here, don't say I didn't warn you.

The results of this poll worry me big time.

How is he potentially ‘Peter Taylor mark ll’? Surely that could be said about any new manager if things go t*ts up.