Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dayday

Southampton (H).. pre match thread

i doubt puel will pick this team but i would like to see the following as it would mean nobody that started last week, starts here.

Kasper, Ricardo, Chilwell, Soyuncu, Maguire, Mendy, Ndidi, Maddison, Barnes, Gray, Vardy in either a 433 with Maddison in the midfield 3 or a 4231.

Dont think anyone that started against Newport deserves to start tomorrow. 

• Like 2

Barnes coming back does give us some interesting flexibility for this game. Be keen to see how we line up tomorrow and I expect him to be involved at some point. Want to see a response from the Newport game. We're playing against a weakened Southampton side at home and have an exciting opportunity to push on and tighten our grip on 7th in our push for Europe and we are more than capable of doing so.

On paper, a fantastic round of fixtures for us - West Ham have Arsenal, Wolves have City, Watford are on the road and Everton and Bournemouth play each other so somebody will drop something there. Let's take advantage of that tomorrow. 

Edited by LCCFox96
  • Like 1

Interesting to see how we go. Fully expecting 3 points.

Kasper

Ricardo   Morgan    Maguire   Chilwell 

Mendy      Choudhury

Albrighton      Maddison    Barnes 

Vardy

Subs: Ward, Simpson, Soyuncu, Ndidi, Gray, Iheanacho, Okazaki

• Like 3

2 hours ago, jayfox26 said:

i doubt puel will pick this team but i would like to see the following as it would mean nobody that started last week, starts here.

Kasper, Ricardo, Chilwell, Soyuncu, Maguire, Mendy, Ndidi, Maddison, Barnes, Gray, Vardy in either a 433 with Maddison in the midfield 3 or a 4231.

Dont think anyone that started against Newport deserves to start tomorrow. 

Bit harsh on Choudhury

1 hour ago, jayfox26 said:

I like Choudhury but i dont think we should play all 3 cdms at home so i would go with Ndidi and Mendy 

No I meant it was harsh on Choudhury to say "none of the team that played against Newport deserve to play in this match"

Edited by nwl fox

9 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

I would love Silva ,to suddenly break into the team and give us that extra,that's been badly and sadly missing...

it would give the whole squad and fan-base a massive lift and fillip!!!

He has played the same number of games in the first half of this season as last season when he was banned! Poor chap, his career couldn't have taken a much bigger nosedive than he's experienced here.

19 hours ago, Monsell1976 said:

They look like they have about 5 or 6 players out, including their strikers, just read their managers comments regarding Saturday, looks like he’s coming to sit behind the ball and hope for a draw.

So we are ****ed, puels tactics against teams that sit in are his weakness, we are clueless at breaking these teams down, Cardiff and Newport the latest, so looks like another long frustrating day, and probably a defeat at the end

You probably shouldn’t even watch it, then. Unless you’re some sort of masochist. 

Edited by UPinCarolina