Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tom12345

NDIDI

1 hour ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Still the PL leader in terms of most tackles made since joining.

Is there a case to say he’s better than Kante? 🤷🏻‍♂️

No…. Kante walks into pretty much every side on the planet

Ndidi has improved massively under Rodgers…. He keeps it relatively simple, but, knows his purpose and role and plays tit to perfection…

He was outstanding today and took his goal like a seasoned centre forward 

I also love the fact that he seems to love it here…. I want him to stay for a long long time

Edited by Wolfox

Absolutely supreme today. Kept the back door shut and started moves quickly with some much improved passing.

There was some suggestion that we wouldn’t need him for a game like this but he’s pivotal (quite literally) to the way we play and allowing others the freedom they need, even against sides like Newcastle. 

Just now, jonthefox said:

Absolutely immense today. Should always be the first name on the team sheet. 

Just now, TrentFox said:

Absolutely immense today. Doesn’t matter how the oppo play - it’s about how you play ..... and he was awesome. 

Twist

There's a clear difference between him being a player who can add goals to his game like we all thought he had the ability to do when he first came here and a player who will dictate play like we hoped he could grow to do like a young Yaya Toure.

He is now proving to be a danger at set pieces and joining attacks late in to the box but he does everything else that he is good at, tackling and interceptions and running that DCM line like a man possessed. He plays the tidy passes but isnt expected to create and take the ball forward, this is the key difference we are now seeing.

Phenomenal player

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

There's a clear difference between him being a player who can add goals to his game like we all thought he had the ability to do when he first came here and a player who will dictate play like we hoped he could grow to do like a young Yaya Toure.

He is now proving to be a danger at set pieces and joining attacks late in to the box but he does everything else that he is good at, tackling and interceptions and running that DCM line like a man possessed. He plays the tidy passes but isnt expected to create and take the ball forward, this is the key difference we are now seeing.

Phenomenal player

Yep nail on the head Ric. Puel played 4231 with a double pivot, where players are expected to be much more of an all-rounder. For example, look at Axel Witsel for Borussia Dortmund who is a real jack of all trades and a great player for Belgium and Dortmund as a result. Ndidi is never going to be as technically good as a Tielemans or a Maddison, but equally those players are never going to match Ndidi's ability to win the ball back.

This is just like Kante all over again. Ndidi has a very specific role in the team and only has to worry about doing that. And it works - big time. Kante got the ball then fed it to Drinkwater or Mahrez... sometimes Vardy, and the rest as they say is history.

Again respect to Brendan. He said when he came in, he wanted to simplify his game and make it easier for him. He's done exactly that and he looks like a world beater.

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 4

33 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I've got to say, I thought Choudhury would take his shirt this season but not a chance at the minute, he is flawless this season. 

Yeah me too, I’ve given N’didi plenty of stick. He has been brilliant this season and this afternoon he was sublime. Long may it continue.

• Like 1

Some of the posts at the start of the thread are embarrassing, people should learn that a majority of these players are young and still developing.

To have a 22 year old that has topped the tackle charts for the last 2 or 3 years and moan about how he passes.

I see the same stuff with Chillwell how Fuchs should be playing because he can cross the ball better.

Be happy whilst the players are here, if Ndidi continues to improve he will be on the Radar of the worlds top clubs as he is one of the best Defensive midfielders in world football at tackling and intercepting the ball.

48 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

No…. Kante walks into pretty much every side on the planet

Ndidi has improved massively under Rodgers…. He keeps it relatively simple, but, knows his purpose and role and plays tit to perfection…

He was outstanding today and took his goal like a seasoned centre forward 

I also love the fact that he seems to love it here…. I want him to stay for a long long time

I'm not so sure - Kante over Wilf that is.  

I don't know if it's a case of out of sight, out of mind with kante, but if you offered me a swap I'd say no i think.  Statistically Wilf is outperforming him in terms of tackles and interceptions and has for some time which also, by extension, means he is pretty good positioning wise and reading the game.  Add to that his aerial ability and winning personality and I reckon I'd keep Wilf, as good as Kante is.

• Like 1