Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tom12345

NDIDI

11 minutes ago, Vardinio'sCat said:

I bet Bournmouth were sick of the sight of him by the end, he was a colossus today.

I bet Papy is dying inside a little bit, with every tackle. lol Bless him. How do you compete with that performance?

Mendy does a fine job under Rodgers coming off the bench and adding some energetic enforcing to back up Wilf tbf.

• Like 4

Was a good Sub today 

came on and help break up play. Also did some good link up play

Wilf has been given a role to play in the team and instructed how to do it,

The implementation was down to wilf

On 10/03/2019 at 14:53, Swan Lesta said:

He was great yesterday. But in January I was fed up that he couldn’t pass a football. Pleased for him but we won’t be playing Fulham every week but he is certainly improving. I have however for a long time wondered if his passing game and his ability on the ball was going to be of top half Premier League standard but he’s certainly looking more like it now especially the last couple of games under Rodgers.

Any update on this? 

Wilfred Ndidi is a class act, to turn on him when his form dips slightly is ridiculous. What a player - superb yesterday.

• Like 2

Where he is playing now he no longer needs to try long range passes and can play to his strengths, just sit deep in midfield, intercept the opposition and pass it to Tilly and Maddy.

Edited by ithuriel
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ithuriel said:

Where he is playing now her no longer needs to try long range passes and can play to his strengths, just sit deep in midfield, intercept the opposition and pass it to Tilly and Maddy.

Aye. It felt crazy that Puel was playing him further up front. But Puel was trying to develop his game. I'm a little sad that's stopped but it means Ndidi is putting out better performances.

1 hour ago, AylestoneRaider said:

Any update on this? 

Wilfred Ndidi is a class act, to turn on him when his form dips slightly is ridiculous. What a player - superb yesterday.

Yep improving under Rodgers and with YT at his side no end. 

1 hour ago, Swan Lesta said:

Yep improving under Rodgers and with YT at his side no end. 

Good man. I really felt for him when people were getting on his back just because his form dipped. I think fluctuations in form are inevitable - especially in young players who have been heavily used. We need to show patience and a reasonable attitude and not write them off if they have a few bad games.

12 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Mendy said in a recent interview that he accepts the situation as such things happen and will continue to battle for his place. He is still a very useful member of the squad to have as he is neat and tidy on the ball and when he comes on under Rodgers, he has a big impact and helps lock the door. His experience is telling and he's professional and solid when he comes on.

The one who is probably a bit upset is Hamza as he's gone from starting some games to not even being in the squad, but that's because of Tielemans who is probably our best overall player right now (it's between him and Vardy I think). It will be interesting to see what happens to Hamza next season as you feel he needs more game time and I think if he was playing for any one of the bottom 5 (possibly 8) teams he'd be a first team starter. If we somehow did get into Europe, then I think we will definitely keep him to rotate with Ndidi and Mendy. If we don't, then perhaps we will loan him out for 6 months Barnes style. He's done nothing wrong, but when you see Ndidi play like today then you understand why Ndidi was signed up until 2024!

Even if we sign Youri, I can see us signing someone like Callum McGregor from Celtic as another option, depending on our squad. I feel like under Rodgers he will want more attacking options, even if they don't necessarily go into the starting lineup. In the current system if we wanted to rotate either Maddison or Tielemans, who would come in? We'd have to change systems probably which is not a good place to be.

Didn't Ghezzal did decent job at no 10? 

43 minutes ago, AylestoneRaider said:

Good man. I really felt for him when people were getting on his back just because his form dipped. I think fluctuations in form are inevitable - especially in young players who have been heavily used. We need to show patience and a reasonable attitude and not write them off if they have a few bad games.

Sure but it wasn’t a few, it was many and Puel refused to drop him and asked him to play in a way that genuinely wasn’t to his strengths. 

1 hour ago, Hanan96 said:

Didn't Ghezzal did decent job at no 10? 

Yes he has been solid as a 10 but I’m not sure in the new system if he’d be as good, as it’s more of a number 8 position. Our system is nowadays more of an attacking 433. 

Rodgers brings him on for Gray usually as a result. 

54 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Sure but it wasn’t a few, it was many and Puel refused to drop him and asked him to play in a way that genuinely wasn’t to his strengths. 

But surely that means you don’t turn on players who are obviously exceptional you show some understanding and patience. If nothing else it avoids looking foolish when they return to form and your posts look even more absurd!

1 hour ago, AylestoneRaider said:

But surely that means you don’t turn on players who are obviously exceptional you show some understanding and patience. If nothing else it avoids looking foolish when they return to form and your posts look even more absurd!

No not at all. You’ve had a constant gripe about my post in this thread and have dredged it up in an inflammatory ‘I told you so way’ but my comments were based entirely on performances in particular aspects of his play and what the manager was getting out of him. I have no problem with my comments and simply they were of their time. I’m the first to reward change, improvement and positivity and there’s a lot of that right now which finally goes beyond just being a ball winner rather than a ball player. Happy he’s ours but there will never be a point to a manager playing an individual out of their comfort zone week in week out and to that end if it continued he may as well have been sold or dropped. Glad he now has a new midfield partner and has a manager playing to his strengths.

5 hours ago, Foxxed said:

Aye. It felt crazy that Puel was playing him further up front. But Puel was trying to develop his game. I'm a little sad that's stopped but it means Ndidi is putting out better performances.

Puel didn't have Tielemans at that time, that's why he tasked Ndidi with this rather ungrateful task. Why do people tend to forget this simple fact?

• Like 3

13 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Yes he has been solid as a 10 but I’m not sure in the new system if he’d be as good, as it’s more of a number 8 position. Our system is nowadays more of an attacking 433. 

Rodgers brings him on for Gray usually as a result. 

Our 433 look much like 4141 or half 4231 with one of madisson or Tielemans usually sit much advanced than others. 

Just simmilar with other team like Liverpool, hence they can afford to put no 10 in their 433, sometimes even winger are in the mid. 

• Like 1

On 06/02/2019 at 18:59, Col city fan said:

Ndidi is worth his weight in gold imo.

He isn’t the problem. He needs a playmaker around him.

I’m guessing on possibly a midfield three before long and I’d like to see Wilf, Hamza and Tielemans

Ive said it before... Mendy offers very little imo.

;)

Is this forum going to turn on every one of our young starlets when they are a having a bad time of things?

It’s clear. The problem WAS Puel. 

26 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

;)

Is this forum going to turn on every one of our young starlets when they are a having a bad time of things?

playing two holders at home to non top six clubs wasn’t a great idea 

however, to pretend that Youri hasn’t made a huge difference in being able to play the way we are is being a bit disingenuous....

maybe we we could have tried JM deeper with kelechi in Maddison’s current role - can’t see that working though ....

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

;)

Correct.

Ive been shouting for nearly a year that Wilf should be played in that Iborra style role in front of the back four not in advanced positions on the pitch trying to make him in to a ball playing Defensive Midfielder who spends his time as an 8 or pretending to be box to box in wild moments of overconfidence.

4141 all of a sudden means that he has a choice of outlet’s and support. 4231 in CP’s non pressing (as much) side there was a void between Wilf and Mendy and say Maddison in the centre so the only outlet was along the wings. This isn’t Wilf’s position. Reminds of Kante at Chelsea a bit and where he’s being made to play.

Brendan has worked this out and playing 4141 we genuinely looked like contenders on Saturday to do something great. Wilfs a great player but if you are going to play him week in week out, in a position where he becomes a liability get rid and move on. This was Puel’s problem he had two formations and that was it. BR has been here for what 4 games and we’ve seen 3/4 different styles already and players being used in round holes rather than the fail and repeat approach of CP.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, That_Dude said:

Puel didn't have Tielemans at that time, that's why he tasked Ndidi with this rather ungrateful task. Why do people tend to forget this simple fact?

Whatever fits the narrative is fact.  Whatever doesn't is instantly forgotten.