Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Wolves A Post Match Thread 4 - 3

3 minutes ago, ttfn said:

It’s opinions like this that give rise to people thinking we’re an entitled fan base.

We’re not a hopeless team, we’re a top-half PL outfit, which is something that has been beyond us for 95% of our history.

We may not be come 5pm today :ph34r:

1 minute ago, The People's Hero said:

Addressed this elsewhere. Top managers don’t accept repeated mistakes. It just isn’t acceptable. Klopp or Guardiola don’t keep picking guys who make constant errors. We have not only poor coaching but also an atmosphere or culture where mistakes are okay. Morgan and Mendy have been poor of late and both seem undroppable.  

There is an argument for not punishing mistakes and for allowing players to play themselves in to form, but CP has excuses serious errors and allowed seriously out of form players to keep their place. This gives also an atmosphere amongst those guys in the team of complacency ( I won’t get dropped ) and other players outside the team of losing interest ( I won’t get a game ).  

Loads will Jump to argue just because of who I am but I’m talking sense. If someone wants to argue please present case of a top manager allowing so many errors and then turning it around. 

If I could rep this post 1000 times I would. Make the same mistakes, you get dropped until you don't make them. Look at Pep and Joe Hart, he wasn't doing the passes that Pep wanted, he had a chance to change his game, he didnt (or couldn't) so he was shipped out. We've been talking about individual errors all season, it's not a coincidence it's still occurring.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Not weighing in on the in/out debate and I  dont care what anyone says, but the players HUGELY let Puel down today. Shocking at the back. Morgan caught out by Sunday league long balls time and time again. Feel sorry for Puel think today might be it for him.

But maybe the likes of Morgan and Simpson shouldn't have started in the first place, let alone playing a high line with slow defenders whilst not putting any pressure on Neves and Moutinho in midfield.

Just now, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

I point you to Klopp and Karius.

He threw away their chance of success that season persisting with that gk

Is Karius still there and starting now ?

How long has Morgan been a liability?

good call though. Nice try. I actually have to give you that. You have to admit it’s rare though. 

1 minute ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

I listened to the game so didn’t see the goals, been sent this pic of the 4th goal with their player getting a massive advantage 

FB3EB4B2-1819-45DF-9021-2C42A4F20A62.jpeg

It's a joke that the rules can claim that this is "not interfering" when the ball is immediately squared to him to score. Couldn't be interfering more if he tried.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Lcfclad2013 said:

So its Puels fault that professional players can't do the basics? I don't think Choudary would of make a difference today when morgan, Simpson, ndidi, chilwell, maguire, Evans etc can't defend and do the basics. 

Mendy and Ndidi put in one of the worst CM partnership performances i’ve ever seen today.  Hamza ahead of either would have made a massive difference.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

I listened to the game so didn’t see the goals, been sent this pic of the 4th goal with their player getting a massive advantage 

FB3EB4B2-1819-45DF-9021-2C42A4F20A62.jpeg

The goal was legit, the player was coming back from an offside position. The mistake was that the team were pushing too much when they should have just taken the point, especially as Jota almost scored seconds before he got his hat trick.

• Like 2

Just now, Leicester_Loyal said:

If I could rep this post 1000 times I would. Make the same mistakes, you get dropped until you don't make them. Look at Pep and Joe Hart, he wasn't doing the passes that Pep wanted, he had a chance to change his game, he didnt (or couldn't) so he was shipped out. We've been talking about individual errors all season, it's not a coincidence it's still occurring.

I don’t need the rep mate. Just knowing there is someone else here who understands football even on a basic level is enough for me. It’s good for my sanity. 

Well, I suppose there will still be people on here opening their tenth tin of Brasso to continue with the Turd polishing, but seriously how can anyone defend that lineup today? Puel is stinking the place out and needs to be got rid of before we find ourselves in a religation scrap.

• Like 1

Today' lessons.  No contract extensions to any player that is out of contract come June 2019.  

Soyuncu to play from now on.   Wes's pace is a liability.

Barnes will make it. Gray looked better. Ricardo is class.    

As aside, Puel cannot be enjoying this experience. I am now starting to feel sorry for him.  You could see the emotion today.  He must be gutted and was let down today but basic mistakes by players that quite frankly need changing, like now.    If Harry is going to be out for any length of time, and Wes looking like he his done at this level, we may need to get on the phone to uncle Brendan, like now.   At the very least get DJ training with the squad.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

Is Karius still there and starting now ?

How long has Morgan been a liability?

good call though. Nice try. I actually have to give you that. You have to admit it’s rare though. 

He was shit for 2 seasons and he still played and lost their CL final

Puel hasnt been here that long yet, so you cant accuse him of doing it with anyone

Edited by AlloverthefloorYesNdidi

27 minutes ago, boosmanana said:

How can anyone blame Puel for that result? 

Everyone whinges about boring, negative football and we score 3 away from home. You can quite clearly see Puel going batshit crazy telling them to stay back and defend at 3-3.

He can't legislate for some of our players making individual mistakes. Morgan, Simpson, Mendy, Ndidi, Chilwell, Ricardo, Maguire, Gray all made stupid defensive errors in that game and we were rightly punished. 

I'm neither Puel in nor Puel out, but people that blame him for losing that game are being ridiculous. 

Agree mate, puel doesn’t help himself but the majority of goals we’ve conceded recently have been down to individual errors, I think you could see how much it means to him on the sideline, what was ndidi thinking at the end trying to play a diagonal just keep the ball and we’d of had a point most likely

3 minutes ago, orangecity23 said:

It's a joke that the rules can claim that this is "not interfering" when the ball is immediately squared to him to score. Couldn't be interfering more if he tried.

tbf after seeing the imagine its pretty annoyed me even though its ok in the rules, im sure if that was vardy doing that and it went across to say Gray the flag would have gone up, 

for me the rules need looking at and not just after today, but i doubt they would tbh

Edited by FrankieADZ