Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

Wolves A Post Match Thread 4 - 3

8 minutes ago, Hammo said:

We've lost three of our last five games to late winning goals, two of them in added time.

You'd think we might have learnt the lesson by now. But no...

??? We've been playing football for 135yrs now and we still can't win every game..

You'd think we might have learnt the game by now. But no....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AlloverthefloorYesNdidi said:

He was shit for 2 seasons and he still played and lost their CL final

Puel hasnt been here that long yet, so you cant accuse him of doing it with anyone

Okay. I’ll give you that but I think you have to accept that in principle I have a point. 

Well... Well. We've now scored 8 in the last 15 minutes this season. We've only scored 9 in the first half all season. We were 2-0 down before we'd really got the ball into their half. I don't know why it is - is it nerves? Is it strategy? Is it Puel not being able to motivate the players from the start? Whatever it is, it needs fixing sharpish, we can see a lead out but we don't take it enough.

Big part of the issue is just flat out stupidity. The first goal comes because Simpson was far too weak, but they're in a position to put that in because Gray made a mess of it when we were trying to push out. The second, static marking. The third, a cross part cleared and Ndidi just stands off and lets them pick the pass. The fourth, Ndidi with a shite lobbed pass 5 yards short of Iheanacho. It's 4 really sloppy errors, and there were more with Morgan losing his man to be bailed out by Schmeichel.

On the plus side, first time we've scored three since Huddersfield, created good chances. Just need to tie our usual good defence with today's attack.

Do think with Puels reaction at the end that he's on his way and knows it though

Just now, The People's Hero said:

Okay. I’ll give you that but I think you have to accept that in principle I have a point. 

Tbf I dont get why we are still starting Morgan. As Heskey said we needed an experienced head to tell the boys to calm down and he wasnt that.

But then again Puel got stick for not using enough experienced players on the pitch.  Plus Evans isnt always fit

Our squad isnt good enough and yes, is still in transition

Claude seems to think we lost the game because we tried to win it.

No, we lost the game because you made tactical mistakes. You can try to win the game without asking full backs to attack. Just get your midfielders to do it instead.

Why were Ndidi and Mendy on the pitch today? Maybe if Maddison or Albrighton was on the pitch instead of one of those 2 we'd have be an attacking force without compromising our defensive solidity. Basics, Claude.

He needs to justify every players inclusion, some of them are just bodies to make up the 11. He does not understand what it is to be an effective team.

Edited by Kitchandro
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

Addressed this elsewhere. Top managers don’t accept repeated mistakes. It just isn’t acceptable. Klopp or Guardiola don’t keep picking guys who make constant errors. We have not only poor coaching but also an atmosphere or culture where mistakes are okay. Morgan and Mendy have been poor of late and both seem undroppable. 

There is an argument for not punishing mistakes and for allowing players to play themselves in to form, but CP has excuses serious errors and allowed seriously out of form players to keep their place. This gives also an atmosphere amongst those guys in the team of complacency ( I won’t get dropped ) and other players outside the team of losing interest ( I won’t get a game ). 

Loads will Jump to argue just because of who I am but I’m talking sense. If someone wants to argue please present case of a top manager allowing so many errors and then turning it around. 

Problem is Morgan has been undroppable under 4 managers now and nobody knows why, it's almost as if he's got some sort of grip on the team, I would not be surprised to see a new manager come in and pick him also. Puel should not be accepting these mistakes, Morgan needs dropping but i guess we differ in approach, some players are loyal, Klopp was loyal for ages to his goalkeepers it took him nearly 3 years to replace them with someone competent. The issue is who do we play instead? It's not as if Evans or Soyuncu don't have a clanger in them. Soyuncu has looked Shakey at times in his short appearances but he's also been a rock in others. would Evans and Maguire work?

The irony I see in all of this is that we did what the fans wanted today. We attacked, it backfired. Fans all over the Facebook groups are now saying we should have gone for the draw, yet if he had done that he would have got backlash from other fans saying we should be going for the win. Puel cannot win with our fans and for that reason I feel for him on a human level. I just wish he was more brutal. I hope he goes in to the dressing room and rips them to shreds for their defensive performance. 

Puel, I think, is insane. Insane because, barring player problems, he knew the correct tactics to play against Wolves. We all did. We saw them against Chelsea and Everton and Man City. And we saw them work, spectacularly. But he chose not to use them. Instead, he played exciting, attacking football, the kind of football most of the fans wanted him to play, but knew were the wrong tactics for this game. But he played those tactics anyway. On purpose. And I'm starting to think he's more than insane: I think he's also a bit of a bastard. In the last few weeks he's come out fighting. He's fought, in the press, with this critics. And he's got straight to the point and he's tried to win no friends and he's been blunt. I'm starting to think he played the wrong tactics as a middle finger to his critics: "You want exciting, attacking football? Well: here it is. And we're not ready for it yet. Pipe down." He's truly wonderful for young players, but for everyone else, under that ribbed gilet waitcoast, there truly is a combatitive, stubborn bastard who will fight his critics but not how they want and not how they expect. I was entertained today, sad we lost but most of all surprised, after being constantly surprised this season, by our mystery of a manager.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

You can chuck simp and Morgan under the bus today, but at the end of the day they weren't suited to a fixture like this, we can't play high line with those players because Morgan doesn't have the legs anymore

You wouldn't have to, they wouldn't see it coming.

7 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

tbf after seeing the imagine its pretty annoyed me even though its ok in the rules, im sure if that was vardy doing that and it went across to say Gray the flag would have gone up, 

for me the rules need looking at and not just after today, but i doubt they would tbh

No it wouldn't, don't be daft. There's no way he's interfering with play, the pass goes nowhere near him. 

2 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Puel, I think, is insane. Insane because, barring player problems, he knew the correct tactics to play against Wolves. We all did. We saw them against Chelsea and Everton and Man City. And we saw them work, spectacularly. But he chose not to use them. Instead, he played exciting, attacking football, the kind of football most of the fans wanted him to play, but knew were the wrong tactics for this game. But he played those tactics anyway. On purpose. And I'm starting to think he's more than insane: I think he's also a bit of a bastard. In the last few weeks he's come out fighting. He's fought, in the press, with this critics. And he's got straight to the point and he's tried to win no friends and he's been blunt. I'm starting to think he played the wrong tactics as a middle finger to his critics: "You want exciting, attacking football? Well: here it is. And we're not ready for it yet. Pipe down." He's truly wonderful for young players, but for everyone else, under that ribbed gilet waitcoast, there truly is a combatitive, stubborn bastard who will fight his critics but not how they want and not how they expect. I was entertained today, sad we lost but most of all surprised, after being constantly surprised this season, by our mystery of a manager.

No. We played the 433 against Southampton and you know very well he'd have been panned doing it against Wolves