Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jordan

Nahitan Nandez

http://ar.marca.com/claro/futbol/boca-junior/2019/01/22/5c465298ca474191748b45a3.html

Uruguay international at Boca—it looked like Cagliari had a deal lined up that fell apart two days ago. Apparently, he has a release clause of around €25m, and Cagliari fell short of meeting that valuation. 

An Argentine radio host is saying we’ve swooped in to try to negotiate, but I cannot say how reliable this guy is. One thing’s for sure: Nandez is on a lot of European clubs’ radars (the Italian passport helps) and someone will probably step up and make a deal before this window closes.

He’s another defensive midfielder (although he may be more versatile than the ones we have, even at 23). But I don’t know if this story has legs.

Edited by Jordan

Have always thought we should tap the South American market more. Some great players emerge when they arrive in Portugal, Spain and other European countries.

Obviously there is more risk attached in bringing them to the UK due to language and culture differences but some of them turn into superstars. Even if they use us as a stepping stone before moving on to bigger clubs in 2-3 years it can still be very good business.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

Live in Sardinia or Leicester? That could be a problem for us.

Stop looking at travel brochures would be my advice...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

We need one of these:

On the deck in that vid slightly more than Shinji but does on the reel showing look proper box to box and tough tackling - looks like what we need. 

14 minutes ago, sphericalfox said:

Them Benny tackles though, he'd spend a huge amount of time suspended playing like that in the Prem.

He’s playing for Boca, that’s part of the job requirement in Argentina. I’m sure he’ll make an adjustment when he moves to a European league. 

Love a tough Uruguayan player and he’s pretty highly rated by his peers. 

And none of our CMs can do this:

https://deadspin.com/boca-juniors-take-copa-libertadores-lead-via-this-absol-1830970614

2 minutes ago, The_77 said:

He’s playing for Boca, that’s part of the job requirement in Argentina. I’m sure he’ll make an adjustment when he moves to a European league. 

Love a tough Uruguayan player and he’s pretty highly rated by his peers. 

And none of our CMs can do this:

https://deadspin.com/boca-juniors-take-copa-libertadores-lead-via-this-absol-1830970614

Very impressive.  We can dream.