Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Beechey

Tottenham Hotspur (A) Match Thread

Just now, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

Genius or lunacy? We will know shortly. In fact in exactly 28 mins!!

18 mate :P

Or were you factoring in 1-0 after 10 minutes lol 

Edited by KFS

1 minute ago, oxtonfox said:

Vardy won’t stick around at our club; you can see that. It’s a joke and unless Puel goes he’ll be offski. One thing you can’t hide is a lack of a goal scorer or finisher. So he takes away our one player who can do that. 

Vardy is on the wrong side of 30 and his game relies on breakneck pace and a team that is tailored to his needs. His pace will falter, and it already seems to be doing so on some level.

He’ll be on the pitch today, undoubtably. But he’s not the club, he’s not the whole squad, and he’s not been able to find a way of yet to most effectively tweak his game when he’s not able to get on the end of a through ball. That will likely come but hasn’t yet. 

People need to take the name off the player and get dispassionate about it for a minute.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Hammo said:

Absolutely this. No one wants to be called an effing knobhead - and, furthermore, let the perpetrator get away with it.

But it's a huge gamble by Puel, and he must live or die by his decision.

Looks like a bit of a Mourinho-Pogba situation developing, which cannot continue.

By the way Puel seems happy to fib to the press - first about Silva staying, now this 'no problem with Vardy' bs.

Now another silly rumour becomes forum fact....!!

4 minutes ago, ozvaldo said:

So after we lose this 4-0, I’m just really looking forward to Claude telling me there was lots of ‘Qualitee and Positiviteee, as we tried to play b’twin za lines”. 

I’m done.  

Keeps getting funnier, be sure to keep recycling it.

Vardy has been useless though. Dont really see what he offers us under puels style of football. Odd goal here and there but too few and far between these days. He hasnt got the ability to play with his back to defenders and turn them. 

40 minutes ago, AjcW said:

I’d say dropping N’didi over Mendy is his bravest move out of a number of surprises 

Not sure it's brave. More stupid. Mendy has been the problem in midfield not Wilf.

Not playing any strikers and a midfielder in the place of your best player up front is criminal. I'm trying so hard to get behind him and I still think the long term looks good, but he doesn't help himself with decisions like this. This WILL lead to a frucous in the squad.

1 minute ago, Crazy Kop Corner said:

What does he see in Ghezzal?

Mendy has been poor for weeks now.

What does Hamza have to do to get into the side?

I thought Wilf played well against Man U  and would be key for us getting anything today.

The team really picked itself  ....... but not for Claude?

Puel watches them train every day so that gives him a little bit more insight into things than you.

• Thanks 1