Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Beechey

Tottenham Hotspur (A) Match Thread

1 minute ago, 5waller5 said:

Interview with CP ..... Why has Vardy been dropped.....

"looking to develop other options apart from Jamie, Gray has good attributes for that position" etc etc.

Certainly didn't seem to sugar coat JV getting dropped!

To be fair, we do need to develop other options. I'd have thought Muskwe would be a better option though.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, UPinCarolina said:

Vardy is on the wrong side of 30 and his game relies on breakneck pace and a team that is tailored to his needs. His pace will falter, and it already seems to be doing so on some level.

He’ll be on the pitch today, undoubtably. But he’s not the club, he’s not the whole squad, and he’s not been able to find a way of yet to most effectively tweak his game when he’s not able to get on the end of a through ball. That will likely come but hasn’t yet. 

People need to take the name off the player and get dispassionate about it for a minute.

Just because you turn 30 doesn't mean you lose your pace. This isn't FIFA! Olympic runners don't quit at 30. Vardy has just as much pace as he has ever had, we just don't play the right type of ball to exploit his runs. He makes runs time and time again and screams for it, but never gets the ball he needs, we just tippy tap back to Kasper instead. 

Vardy over Puel! He's been the club for the last few years and we wouldn't have had our dreams come true without him. If our manager is planning on ditching him, then in my opinion the board should remove the manager. I think Puel's long term plan has potential and I think the future is bright, but he needs to keep the experienced players within the squad, as without them, we won't ever be successful. You need a good balance in the squad of young and experienced players. 

• Like 3

Just now, Foxhateram said:

Just because you turn 30 doesn't mean you lose your pace. This isn't FIFA! Olympic runners don't quit at 30. 

A lot do retire in their early 30s, it's well known players slow down as they age and only really last into their late 30s at any level. Vardy does not have that long at this level left, we need to think long term

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 5waller5 said:

Interview with CP ..... Why has Vardy been dropped.....

"looking to develop other options apart from Jamie, Gray has good attributes for that position" etc etc.

Certainly didn't seem to sugar coat JV getting dropped!

it does make sense,no rebound football today.

I do like it.

everyones is on about today but he is talking about the future.

• Like 1