Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Beechey

Tottenham Hotspur (A) Match Thread

Guest Col city fan
4 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

I thought it was our game with Spurs that was live on Sky Sports first. Maybe they'll ask David Silva about it.

Spot on

Just said exactly the same to mrs Col

1 minute ago, FIF said:

Girls, whatever team we put out is favoured to lose to a top 4 team away from home. This is the ideal opportunity to give the youngsters some time at Wembley, where some have never played before and only dreamt of playing. A loss is expected so why would Puel be sacked?

There's an element of sense here.

It's like a drop of water in a desert though.

It's half understandable not to play Vardy. And also not to play Ian.

But dropping Ndidi? Against Spurs?

2 minutes ago, Merging Cultures said:

What's the formation?

Really interested to see how this pans out, but at the moment it looks very strange.

Not Vardy

Not Vardy   Not Vardy   Not Vardy   Not Vardy

Not Vardy     Not Vardy     Not Vardy

Not Vardy       Not Vardy

Not Vardy

Just now, Matt said:

Out of form or not Vardy's record against top 6 clubs is incredible. This is the type of game where Vardy is at his most dangerous.

So many players are out of form, but we only have one established striker, this is odd

One thing is clear as day, if Puel stays at the end of the season, Vardy goes.  Puel will not, and will never play to Vardys strengths, he wants to play a more tippy tappy technical style of play, which will never get the best out of Vardy. 

If Puel is to stay, then i hope he has a decent goalsoring striker in mind to replace him else we are screwed next season.

Just to say also, that he has dropped the wrong midfieder in my opinion. Wilf was just starting to look a bit better, Mendy pretty shocking recently. There was probably more of a case for playing Choudrey to be honest.

I am beginning to think that Mendy must have some real dirt he could dish on Puel, for him to keep his place

Edited by smudger63
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, rachhere said:

Had to brace myself before logging in here after seeing that line up.

Most annoyed at Hamza and Ndidi missing out. 

Vardy, if I am honest I can get that more with how things have been of late. Just the way that games are working out I can see him having more impact coming on at 60 minutes than he would if he started, just as we saw at Brighton. 

Ah, a glimmer of hope.

Amazed Hamza keeps missing out too.

Just now, smudger63 said:

One thing is clear as day, if Puel stays at the end of the season, Vardy goes.  Puel will not, and will never play to Vardys strengths, he wants to play a more tippy tappy technical style of play, which will never get the best out of Vardy. 

If Puel is to stay, then i hope he has a decent goalsoring striker in mind to replace him else we are screwed next season.

Maybe his name is Harvey Barnes.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Hammo said:

Absolutely this. No one wants to be called an effing knobhead - and, furthermore, let the perpetrator get away with it.

But it's a huge gamble by Puel, and he must live or die by his decision.

Looks like a bit of a Mourinho-Pogba situation developing, which cannot continue.

By the way Puel seems happy to fib to the press - first about Silva staying, now this 'no problem with Vardy' bs.

Everyone lies to the press.