Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxes21

Tielemans

1 hour ago, yorkie1999 said:

You could, but at least we get to sell them, which is not the case with Tielamans 

That wasn't the comment though, a lot of players will use us, an upper-mid table team capable of pushing the top parts of the league, as a way of getting noticed by the big teams. 

Even if we don't sign Tielemans, we've had him for half a season almost and enjoyed seeing a great player play for us, and if he gets a big move it just puts out there that we are a great place to come to play good football and develop for a potential mega move.

Also tells us what type of player we need to take us to that next level. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

I fear we're just a shop window for him.

As for many of our players. One good half-season isn't enough to attract the big fish, especially for a player known for his inconsistency.

I think that we'll sign and quite comfortably so.

Edited by That_Dude
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Wolfboy said:

I’m sure we have got the money anyway.

1 hour ago, SecretPro said:

I just can't see this being the case to be honest. Brendan Rodgers has not come here to scrimp and save. 

Just not sure where we're getting the money from.

It was clear from Puel that he said we didn't have loads of money.

And we know Top's main source of income, duty free in Thailand, is going away.

We perhaps have more money than I assume from the Premier League vis-a-vis our wage bill, or perhaps we could get a loan based on prospective earnings and academy players now playing in the first team, but idk.

Edited by Foxxed

56 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

I'm not sure how much revenue we're making. External cash injections from Top are going to be limited now Top's losing the King Power franchise in Thailand. And most of the previous investment in the club has gone into the academy. I suspect we'll only be able to afford him by selling a player and hoping Tielemans doesn't want to go to a top six club.

I just can't see this being the case to be honest. Brendan Rodgers has not come here to scrimp and save. 

2 hours ago, That_Dude said:

Eh, why? We won't sell Chilwell anyway.

i think his point is he wouldn’t want to come if we did. 

hardly screams “we’re gonna break into the top 6, we’re an incredibly ambitious club with a young, hungry and together squad” if we sell our two most expensive assets at the first possible opportunity. 

2 hours ago, Foxxed said:

We perhaps have more money than I assume from the Premier League vis-a-vis our wage bill, or perhaps we could get a loan based on prospective earnings and academy players now playing in the first team, but idk.

Not sure the main source is the duty free. The King Power wealth empire has grown exponentially since Vichai took over as Chairman. I would think they have made investments on a grander scale to make the kind of profit margins reportered by De Loits.

It was clear he said it. Given we're never going to say 'we've got so much money we don't know what to do with it', I really don't think you can take it at face value.

I do think in Tielemans case you couldn't get further away from the panic punt on an potentially past-it, potential misfiring homesick misfit in the inflated market that is the January window. He fits now, and it's easy to see his value escalating over the next couple of seasons. I've never owned a football club but I'd imagine these are the signings you'd go all out for.

• Like 1

Suspect puel was told there was no money for him to spend as they were saving it for Brendan ......

1 hour ago, turtmcfly said:

It was clear he said it. Given we're never going to say 'we've got so much money we don't know what to do with it', I really don't think you can take it at face value.

I do think in Tielemans case you couldn't get further away from the panic punt on an potentially past-it, potential misfiring homesick misfit in the inflated market that is the January window. He fits now, and it's easy to see his value escalating over the next couple of seasons. I've never owned a football club but I'd imagine these are the signings you'd go all out for.

43 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Suspect puel was told there was no money for him to spend as they were saving it for Brendan ......

It also makes sense though. We invested heavily in the academy. We're expanding the stadium. And we know the the duty free gig is going away. And we know the wage bill was huge (hopefully a little less now). There simply isn't a great source of income compared to previous seasons.

1 hour ago, MGLCFC said:

Not sure the main source is the duty free. The King Power wealth empire has grown exponentially since Vichai took over as Chairman. I would think they have made investments on a grander scale to make the kind of profit margins reportered by De Loits.

I asked this previously. What is King Power's other source of income besides their currently very lucrative duty free buisness? They own horses. They own two football teams. Unless there's a source of income we don't know about then I suspect when the duty free empire goes away then we will be most profitable part of the empire.

And that means any money we need for Tielemans will need to come from us, either through selling a player or getting a loan based on estimated future earnings. Our estimated future earnings can't be much more than other mid table teams. We could get a loan on the fact that Chilwell, Barnes, Hamza and perhaps another are huge pluses on our books.

Edited by Foxxed

19 hours ago, ScouseFox said:

i think his point is he wouldn’t want to come if we did. 

hardly screams “we’re gonna break into the top 6, we’re an incredibly ambitious club with a young, hungry and together squad” if we sell our two most expensive assets at the first possible opportunity. 

I get that. But we have capable defenders able to fill an eventual Maguire's departure.

We won't sell Chilwell as it would let us with 2 LB positions to cover and I just can't see it happening.

It's all good, I think.

Edited by That_Dude

Sign the guy and be done with it. What could happen? We can get 2 class years from him (if he proves he can play at a high-level and reaches even 80% of his amazing potential) and still sell him for a big profit. 

Key is, if he is set on leaving, use him next season with the other young players on the club to attract more good players. Maybe we will be a selling club for the next 2, 3, or even 4 years but doing what Spurs did isn't exactly impossible.

Edited by the fox

If they are looking after him and showing him all the delights of Leicestershire (as compared to Monaco) he would be desperate to stay here surely

The shopping experience at Morrisons and wide choice of eateries on Brauny gate should clinch it. 

Going back to King Power my understanding is that the current duty free deal expires next year and they are currently going through the bidding process result to be announced in September . So may well be a continuation KP have to be in a very strong position for lots of reasons .

Guest Cujek
37 minutes ago, dyanmark said:

If they are looking after him and showing him all the delights of Leicestershire (as compared to Monaco) he would be desperate to stay here surely

The shopping experience at Morrisons and wide choice of eateries on Brauny gate should clinch it. 

Maybe here is exactly what he is looking for, Monaco is a great place to visit, I can't imagine what it would be like to live there, everyone has a yacht everyone is a millionaire, past the fantasy of it, it has to be pretty dull.

Leicestershire is actually a beautiful place to live and there are many sights and places to see if you look for them.

I can't see him grabbing a kebab at 2am from Braunstone gate, so I doubt that would come into making a decision.