Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxes21

Tielemans

Just now, Crispin LA said:

I just had a thought, it hasn't even crossed my mind that a Spanish or Italian team might now be interested in him. 

Should be able to outpay/outcompete all but the CL teams from those countries

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, knitro said:

This is kind of a poor mentality to have as a fan. however realistic it may currently be- Leicester's ambition is to be there, which is why were pursuing players of that caliber. We have to leverage what else we have to offer in order to get over that hump. If you don't think it's possible, why bother watching? I love what the club is doing (trying to get a group of 20-22 year olds to grow together) and hope it continues. Tielemans would be a superb signal of intent. Talking ourselves out of it already is like convincing yourself the girl by the bar will turn you down before you ask so you never approach - you never know unless you try. Just my thoughts. 

What bar is she at? 

I'll give it a crack. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, knitro said:

This is kind of a poor mentality to have as a fan. however realistic it may currently be- Leicester's ambition is to be there, which is why were pursuing players of that caliber. We have to leverage what else we have to offer in order to get over that hump. If you don't think it's possible, why bother watching? I love what the club is doing (trying to get a group of 20-22 year olds to grow together) and hope it continues. Tielemans would be a superb signal of intent. Talking ourselves out of it already is like convincing yourself the girl by the bar will turn you down before you ask so you never approach - you never know unless you try. Just my thoughts. 

I disagree, it's a honest one.  This is no drink girl at the bar job, this is professional football.

I lovey club and love watching them but I live in the real world, I accept there are better clubs and options.

Don't get me wrong I would love him here but he would be daft to remain, there are alotnof better options

• Sad 1

Looks to be really happy at the moment, gets on well with the players enjoying it under Rogers, hopefully he can work his magic and persuade him to sign, would love to see him from the start of a season with Barnes, Maddison, Vardy, Gray. Going to be difficult but we are better placed to make big signings than people think on here, that is why Brendan's here to make that step up to the next level.

13 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

I disagree, it's a honest one.  This is no drink girl at the bar job, this is professional football.

I lovey club and love watching them but I live in the real world, I accept there are better clubs and options.

Don't get me wrong I would love him here but he would be daft to remain, there are alotnof better options

I guess my thought is this - Champions League play is but a single enticement (However big it is). What else could Leicester offer which could make up for the lack of it to be competitive in the pursuit of players of this caliber? What about the confidence that he'd be the starting 8 on a team of peers (vs older pros)? World class facilities? Leicester's proven no obstacle to playing for one's national team - how many internationals do we have these days? He's only 21 it doesn't have to be the final stop either. 

I completely concede there's a hierarchy and you can name on one hand the clubs that don't get players poached, but there's a human element of this I don't think we should entirely discount. Whatever you think of it now, I'm pretty sure the fact that his friend Wilf was here was part of the reason Kelechi chose us over the other suitors. You'll never convince me that Slimani wasn't brought in to appease Mahrez a bit and entice him to stay after the title win. A supportive, happy team environment has to go a long way and if he's enjoying his football then we should think we have at least as good a shot as anyone. It's Brodge's job to butter him and convince him to stay.  

1 minute ago, Lestoh said:

Still trying to wrap my head around how Monaco thought they were getting a good deal to swap him for Silva

Silva has been collecting MOTM awards over there. It's been a ridiculously good deal for both parties, both players gone from not making the bench to becoming the other club's best player. Both players will get sold in the summer for significantly more than they would have gone for otherwise, whether or not it's to the respective clubs or someone that pays more.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, OhYesNdidi said:

Got a bad feeling we won’t be willing to pay the ~ £40m for him and end up getting someone like John McGinn for £10-£15m as a cheap alternative. 

Would hurt if he ended up at spurs. 

Why does everyone keep saying 40m

That was the deal that was offered prior to the loan we rejected that chance to sign him

The cost will only go up now he is playing well

• Sad 1

Our chances to sign him on a permanent are decreasing by the day. If we can squeeze it over the next couple of weeks then we've got a decent chance & I guess having a young team around the same age as Tielemans helps.

The pessimist in me thinks he'll keep his options open and up at somewhere like Spurs though.

Think spurs were looking at him before his debut for us but it certainly didnt help him playing so well in that.

Unfortunately players dont look at the bigger picture these days. 

You still get pundits saying Vardy should have gone to Arsenal despite seeing what happened with Drinkwater. 

Anyone can see we are a top 7 team with an exciting young squad and getting first time here is surely more attractive than battling it out to get on the bench at a club higher up.

Am I only they only one who wanted to him to have to a stinker to put off suitors? We're either going to need to spend most of the Maguire transfer fee on him or watch Barnes and Maddison develop here alone, perhaps with Taveras if he's as good as people say.

I reckon realistically without any sales we can probably stretch to £50m in the summer, I’d be willing for us to go up to £35m for Youri and Silva as a makeweight, ideally less but there’s no other realistic target that’s anywhere near as good. If we go from Tielemans to John f ucking McGinn I’ll shag a shredder 

Edited by Stadt