Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxes21

Tielemans

5 hours ago, walkerleeds said:

Haven't wanted us to sign a player this much since rumours about Cambiasso started.

Please make this happen. 

But at least this time we dont have to trawl thru youtube looking at a new signing to see how amazing he looks before he arrives only to be ....well.... we have bought some sh!t recently ???

38 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

Silva is the key lads.

If Monaco want to keep him (seems very likely, they love him) and we're willing to match whatever anyone else in the market is offering, we've got a good chance. 

I think you're right but the board have to be realistic. It matters not what we as a Premiership team paid for Silva, Monaco don't get the huge TV funding streams we do and  he's an average aging player. In the real world I don't think he's worth anymore than 10m tops. People can bleat about Champions League and International experience as if it's a great selling point but Monaco will see through that, they'd be buying a bang average player that might 'do a job' in the inferior French league but that's as much as they'll get.

1 minute ago, volpeazzurro said:

I think you're right but the board have to be realistic. It matters not what we as a Premiership team paid for Silva, Monaco don't get the huge TV funding streams we do and  he's an average aging player. In the real world I don't think he's worth anymore than 10m tops. People can bleat about Champions League and International experience as if it's a great selling point but Monaco will see through that, they'd be buying a bang average player that might 'do a job' in the inferior French league but that's as much as they'll get.

It depends what you class as bang average. Bang average Premier League player maybe, but in France he may suit their style of play and be outstanding. Whilst not a fit for us, he could be outstanding for them. We regard Tielemans as outstanding, Monaco see him as poor.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Even if we manage to negotiate £10m off the Tielemans price, it's a result- it would also knock a fair bit off the wage bill.

12 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

Even if we manage to negotiate £10m off the Tielemans price, it's a result- it would also knock a fair bit off the wage bill.

I reckon Youri will want a bit more than Adrien earns ..... 

if if he gives up Euro football to come to us then he gets guaranteed starts but he won’t give up on his earnings too !!

monaco won’t pay silva what we are so we have to take a hit there on the sale - either lessening the fee (which silva gets to sign there) or we have to make a payment to compensate him for his loss in earnings 

either way, Youri to us will be v expensive and i’d be impressed if we pulled it off but expect to sell a defender to ‘oil the wheels’. 

Maguire makes most sense as we don’t have to buy to replace in that area. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I reckon Youri will want a bit more than Adrien earns ..... 

if if he gives up Euro football to come to us then he gets guaranteed starts but he won’t give up on his earnings too !!

monaco won’t pay silva what we are so we have to take a hit there on the sale - either lessening the fee (which silva gets to sign there) or we have to make a payment to compensate him for his loss in earnings 

either way, Youri to us will be v expensive and i’d be impressed if we pulled it off but expect to sell a defender to ‘oil the wheels’. 

Maguire makes most sense as we don’t have to buy to replace in that area. 

Yeah I don't doubt Youri will be on a fair whack if we sign him- that's no issue though as he'll be a key player.

We've been hamstrung this year by having numerous players on £50k+ wages who weren't even featuring in matchday squads- Silva, King, Iborra, Benalouane, Jakupovic, Simpson, Fuchs, Okazaki and Slimani will have been on £400k+ per week between them and most (if not all) of them will be gone this summer. That's a lot of money which can be put towards the wages of players who can make a real difference, starting with Tielemans.

1 hour ago, MGLCFC said:

It depends what you class as bang average. Bang average Premier League player maybe, but in France he may suit their style of play and be outstanding. Whilst not a fit for us, he could be outstanding for them. We regard Tielemans as outstanding, Monaco see him as poor.

True, let's hope so then we can get rid of him but I doubt he's worth much. When I saw him in the World Cup,  he was bang average to poor there also imo. 

23 minutes ago, brucey said:

I have a feeling our finances are going to be more tight than most seem to think.

Not going to get too attached yet... 

If we're chucking £9m at Celtic for bang average managers we should be able to break the bank for a quality player we're crying out for.

I'm also not getting attached but more because he will have much better offers than us come the summer.

Edited by Papasmurf
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

Yeah I don't doubt Youri will be on a fair whack if we sign him- that's no issue though as he'll be a key player.

We've been hamstrung this year by having numerous players on £50k+ wages who weren't even featuring in matchday squads- Silva, King, Iborra, Benalouane, Jakupovic, Simpson, Fuchs, Okazaki and Slimani will have been on £400k+ per week between them and most (if not all) of them will be gone this summer. That's a lot of money which can be put towards the wages of players who can make a real difference, starting with Tielemans.

Benalouane surely never on 50k  lollol 

Edited by les-tah
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, les-tah said:

Benalouane surely never on 50k  lollol 

Probably not, I'd guess about £30k.

Silva was apparently on £80k though and the majority of those players (with the exception of Benalouane, Jakupovic and possibly Okazaki) would have been on around £50k.

2 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

Monaco are a Champions League club (usually).  They paid £25m for Tielemans as a 19 year old and £27m for Golovin so let's not pretend they are poverty stricken just because they're not in the prem.

Monaco also raised over £300m in transfers recently selling Mbappe for £121m, £95m for B.Mendy and B.Silva, £40m for Bakayoko....

Some duffers even gave them £12m for free transfer Rashid Ghezzal.  They're rollling in it.

2 minutes ago, murphy said:

Monaco are a Champions League club (usually).  They paid £25m for Tielemans as a 19 year old and £27m for Golovin so let's not pretend they are poverty stricken just because they're not in the prem.

Monaco also raised over £300m in transfers recently selling Mbappe for £121m, £95m for B.Mendy and B.Silva, £40m for Bakayoko....

Some duffers even gave them £12m for free transfer Rashid Ghezzal.  They're rollling in it.

They should knock that fee off the Tielemans price as well as we have done them a massive favor there.

• Haha 1

Such a top player and would love him to join us permanently, but I’m not getting attached yet, could easily see him joining a top 6.

I also get the feeling our resolve will be tested with a lot of our other players too. 

Interesting summer ahead

His price keeps going up. :ph34r:

Eden Hazard had woorden van lof voor de speler van Leicester City. "Ik kan hem enkel complimenten geven. Hij is een echte leider op het veld, een patron. Hij gaat een grote speler worden."

Eden Hazard had words of praise for the player from Leicester City. "I can only compliment him. He is a real leader on the field, a boss. He is going to be a big player.

1 hour ago, murphy said:

Wow, that's some serious dosh isn't it! Mind you we get over 100m per year for doing nothing and those sales were some time ago now. On the field they seem to be in trouble like a French Southampton however. I didn't necessarily mean they were skint though, more that in the Premiership monied market we buy from, we tend to pay vastly inflated prices. Neither Monaco or any other European side as far as I can see would remotely pay anything like the rediculous fee we paid for an average then 29yr old with a quickly depreciating resale value. 

On 04/03/2019 at 03:38, ScouseFox said:

arguably already in the top 5 players to have ever played for LCFC 

probably only cambiasso and mahrez ahead of him now.

continue playing this well til the summer and it’ll be a fact not even worth arguing with that he’s the best player to ever don the blue shirt.