Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxes21

Tielemans

Think we need to be a little more positive, I get that Tielemans is (annoyingly regularly) performing to a very high standard and some teams (Spurs) may be looking at him, but I think getting him in January could be a masterstroke as it gives us a chance to see how good he is, and him a chance to see what a wonderful club we are to play for :D I just don't get why we couldn't add an 'option' to buy (as in not obligatory), this would have given us a chance to take a look at him and decide whether to take him at the end of the season.

But he has already admitted that he likes it here and we play a style of football perfectly suited to him, he says he doesn't care about money and only wants to play football, well we can give him that, every single week!

I think this will all be on Youri to decide, I can't see why we wouldn't pay the money, and especially with Silva (thankfully regularly) playing out of his skin for Monaco it would be mutually beneficial for both clubs for Tielemans and Silva to swap clubs.

I am cautiously optimistic about this deal going ahead, admittedly I am setting my self up for a fall if he does indeed sign for the Spuds... (please don't Youri, please don't...)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

The player is clearly happy and enjoying his football again, resulting in these kind of performances. It's been proven time and again that money is not the most important thing in job satisfaction, and being a footballer is still ultimately a job. If you are happy and enjoying your life, why would you make a change?

My gut feeling (and it's only a feeling) is that he will sign for us in the summer for a club record fee, with Silva going the other way. I then think he will stay with us for one maybe two seasons before going again for a ridiculous fee. And whilst that time might be short, I think we will all really enjoy seeing another world class player strutting their stuff in the LCFC blue.

Exactly my thoughts. Two seasons would be realistic given his age. After that, and if he keeps this kind of performances, he's gone.

Edited by That_Dude
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

The player is clearly happy and enjoying his football again, resulting in these kind of performances. It's been proven time and again that money is not the most important thing in job satisfaction, and being a footballer is still ultimately a job. If you are happy and enjoying your life, why would you make a change?

My gut feeling (and it's only a feeling) is that he will sign for us in the summer for a club record fee, with Silva going the other way. I then think he will stay with us for one maybe two seasons before going again for a ridiculous fee. And whilst that time might be short, I think we will all really enjoy seeing another world class player strutting their stuff in the LCFC blue.

I'm just about ready for that again!

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Crispin LA said:

We should have just paid the 40m in January if is what they wanted for him and all this will he or won't he join us hassle would not be on here. 

I doubt we had the money. We'll only be able to afford him if we sell Maguire.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, weller54 said:

Neighh lad.. 

Blue eyed specs

Who would most teams want

a leading scorer still 25 that has scored over 20 goals for the last 5 years or Mahrez that had one world class season and is struggling at Man City

Kane

CES VALUE peaked at £205m

194.5million €

CIES Football transfer valueLast update: 04.03.2019 Peaked at £85m

63.1million €

CIES Football transfer valueLast update: 04.03.2019

Original post was Best player to play for Leicester, not greatest performance in a Leicester shirt

• Thanks 1

On 22/03/2019 at 04:30, brucey said:

I have a feeling our finances are going to be more tight than most seem to think.

Not going to get too attached yet... 

On 22/03/2019 at 04:51, Ted Maul said:

We've been hamstrung this year by having numerous players on £50k+ wages who weren't even featuring in matchday squads- Silva, King, Iborra, Benalouane, Jakupovic, Simpson, Fuchs, Okazaki and Slimani will have been on £400k+ per week between them and most (if not all) of them will be gone this summer. That's a lot of money which can be put towards the wages of players who can make a real difference, starting with Tielemans.

The recent financials showed the player costs to turnover ratio is way out of whack.  It will surely be reduced.  Whatever the club knock off the wage bill, not all can go back on.

The board will see Puel’s tenure as having been a major step in that regard.  The total weekly wage of the starting XI has been slashed, and some deadwood cleared.  Without that trimming, signing Tielemans might not be a realistic option.  Also, we surely would have been less attractive to Rodgers if this had to be addressed entirely on the new man’s watch.