Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Danno

Players rated more highly by fans of other teams

You could probably make the case for Vardy based on this season. Maguire was mentioned in the other thread which I agree with, his world cup exploits stood out for most people but defensively he's a reasonable top half CB, could probably play at a higher level but I'm not sure. Ndidi probably is, good ball winner as we know but he routinely makes it into non-Leicester fans 'best of the rest' XIs. Maddison, possibly have a decent season but things like free kicks come to mind easily for other fans but he's been inconsistent so far (as you'd expect). 

9 minutes ago, DanNDH88 said:

Saw this on the Unpopular Opinions thread. 

Which players (past and present) haven’t been rated much by our fans yet seem to be raved about by fans of other teams? 

Demarai Gray for me. 

Definitely Gray, other fans seem to think he's going to be the next Ronaldo.

I’d keep him tbh (Gray) But I don’t think he’s a centre forward or a lone striker or a good enough crosser of the ball to be called a traditional winger... that pretty much leaves him for me as a forward player in a front three, probably on the left side.

• Like 1

Just now, Swan Lesta said:

I’d keep him tbh (Gray) But I don’t think he’s a centre forward or a lone striker or a good enough crosser of the ball to be called a traditional winger... that pretty much leaves him for me as a forward player in a front three, probably on the left side.

he's much more effective playing behind a striker or on the right, on the left he's become too predictable

Just now, Jimmy said:

he's much more effective playing behind a striker or on the right, on the left he's become too predictable

Yeah - I like what he does with Chilwell on that side, but Barnes has sort of taken on that mantle now. When Gray is on the right though I think we see less of Ricardo in advanced positions which is a travesty! 

Fans up here think gray is brilliant and can never understand why I am so unsure of him. He has got to be the most frustrating player I have seen for us in ages. I hope he plays on the right wing of our new 4-3-3 but just drifts all over then runs at players as defenders will hate him running at them all game. He could be so good, just needs to be more confident and develop his football intelligence to not get caught in those blind alleys and keep his chin up if he is tackled on his first run. 

2 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Harry Maguire.

He's good but he's not *that* good, which other fans think he is based on the World Cup. In fact I'd argue that he's nowhere near the level that Huth / Morgan were in 15/16. Sure he's great going forwards but he has consistently made mistakes for us this season, they just aren't as calamitous as Morgan's. Johny Evans has been been our best defender despite a tough start and not playing as many games.

Yep spot on for me too though he's still relatively young I suppose. He's ok going forward and a bit of a novelty for us but can be quite ponderous at it at times which gives the opposition time to recover. His positioning occasionally can be suspect like Sunday! He tries to tell Evans what to do I note when in reality, he should be listening to Evans who is a more experienced and superior player imo. 

Edited by volpeazzurro
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

Harry Maguire.

He's good but he's not *that* good, which other fans think he is based on the World Cup. In fact I'd argue that he's nowhere near the level that Huth / Morgan were in 15/16. Sure he's great going forwards but he has consistently made mistakes for us this season, they just aren't as calamitous as Morgan's. Johny Evans has been been our best defender despite a tough start and not playing as many games.

I was saying this to a Liverpool supporting friend before our recent match, and then he went to have an amazing performance and made me look stupid! I still think he's carrying a bit of an injury and that's affecting him showing his true level. He is definitely better in a back 3 though. 

• Like 1

To be fair to Gray, he's done very well for the England U21s - the team's top scorer at the last European Championship, for example - so that might explain some of the misplaced envy from fans of other clubs.

Everyone can see he has the talent. He's just not intelligent enough to know how to channel it to the benefit of the team, which is a maddening flaw.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DanNDH88 said:

Saw this on the Unpopular Opinions thread. 

Which players (past and present) haven’t been rated much by our fans yet seem to be raved about by fans of other teams? 

Demarai Gray for me. 

They are just happy he is in the team against theirs