Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

Leicester city 1-4 Crystal palace post-Match thread

2 minutes ago, Dames said:

Some people would rather Vardy be finished so it suits their narrative that he is holding the team back and not the manager.

The truth is almost any striker in the league will struggle in this team as it is not set up to attack. If we do attack its through the wings, floated crosses or pot shots from varying distances. This set up rarely creates clear cut chances and rarely involves the striker in any of the play.

And when it is crossed it's vardy v 6 plus oppenets in the box

This reminds me of our promotion season. Played well in games with no end result. Then went to have the great escape. Wonder why many on here never turned on Pearson so quickly? I am not happy with the results but I do see what is happening here. We just don't have the players ready to accomplish what Puel wants to create. 

We are arguably just too inexperienced at the moment with the selection we have. Puel will be gone but not sure if any new manager can get anything out of our squad. Will be three managers in three years. When Shakey was in charge we played to Vardy's strength and he still did not get the results to avoid the sack. Think the whole club needs to look inwards. Recruitment has been average at best. Players seem to moaning about everything. Kasper's dad going on TV and spouting rubbish that his son would like a big move. 

Really don't think we have any real spirit left. Can we blame Puel? Yes but I strongly believe that how unity diminished the Summer of our title season. Summer trip to the U.S. etc team looked really half arsed. Started the new season losing to Hull first name.  

Something just not right at the King Power. 

If a new manager comes in how long will we as fans give him?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

4 shots faced, 3 conceded when I left. Would drop Kasper for Ward, absolute shocker. 

Doesn't reflect the game I saw, we must be cursed at this point, bring the monks back in

I can only remember Kasper making 2 saves recently and both times we conceded a minute later anyway.

I've been Puel in, but I think now he has to go.

When we lost to an understrength Spurs a fortnight ago  the reaction on here was one of massive arrousal!  (We did lose, by the way). I'm wondering if I should buy shares in The Kleenex Corporation with todays magnificent performance.

I've been watching football for 53 years and CANNOT see where all this enthusiasm comes from when the football is an absolute joke. A Taylor-esque run of results. He needs to go. NOW. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, That_Dude said:

That's why you're having a dig at people who supported the manager and the team and tried to think positively instead of calling for his head after every defeat? How cute.

I don't think he'll survive this defeat but I'll never regret backing him or the team. Be happy and have a cookie, you and the mob will very likely have it your way and can gloat about how much you were right from the beginning. 

Like you lot were doing when we were falsely in 7th position like?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ttfn said:

That’s your opinion, I still think he’s trying to push us in the right direction but the atmosphere is just too toxic now as evidenced by the fact that plenty of supporters seem to be revelling in this defeat.

You call the bottom 3 the right direction.

1 minute ago, MPH said:

i’m having a pop at the deluded. hoping beyond hope even they can see he’s useless now.

I dont think anyone was deluded. There were fans who hated Puel from day 1 and nothing he did would have changed that and on the other side of the coin you had the fans who showed patience and wanted to, lets say 'progress' the game from hoof ball. Both sides had valid points and there have been many discussions in many MANY topics debating this point. 

Whichever fence you parked your bum on was not delusional though, just a difference of opinion.

I have majorly gone with giving him time - albeit i can see his faults, however as i posted earlier in this thread. We cannot continue as we are and something has to change. The change will be Puel! 

1 minute ago, LCFCSOULBOY said:

This reminds me of our promotion season. Played well in games with no end result. Then went to have the great escape. Wonder why many on here never turned on Pearson so quickly? I am not happy with the results but I do see what is happening here. We just don't have the players ready to accomplish what Puel wants to create. 

We are arguably just too inexperienced at the moment with the selection we have. Puel will be gone but not sure if any new manager can get anything out of our squad. Will be three managers in three years. When Shakey was in charge we played to Vardy's strength and he still did not get the results to avoid the sack. Think the whole club needs to look inwards. Recruitment has been average at best. Players seem to moaning about everything. Kasper's dad going on TV and spouting rubbish that his son would like a big move. 

Really don't think we have any real spirit left. Can we blame Puel? Yes but I strongly believe that how unity diminished the Summer of our title season. Summer trip to the U.S. etc team looked really half arsed. Started the new season losing to Hull first name.  

Something just not right at the King Power. 

If a new manager comes in how long will we as fans give him?

Shakeys tactics were just to hit it long into space - he lost DD and had nowhere to go without the heartbeat of the team 

Claude has a plan but he cannot manage the players effectively and as is usually the case, you can’t sack a squad of players so the manager has to leave ....its football 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Royston. said:

Fine margins.

If we stuck some chances away and cut out sloppy mistakes then things might be looking up.

Will this young team have the bottle for a relegation flirtation?

But we are falling the wrong side of these 'fine margins' time after time.

I personally didn't see what all the fuss was about 1st half, we had alot of the ball and passed the ball to their keeper a few times. But there was zero incision, Vardy gets absolutely NOTHING in behind cos we are so so slow.

He has his attacking full backs, ball playing centre backs, inverted wingers and technically gifted midfielders. He can't say he doesn't have the players for his system, it's the system that is failing. I don't have the answer but neither does he. Time to go. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, lcfceaves said:

My opinion... Pearson’s sides were never well beaten, always close and never looked as flakey as we do with Puel. They were a strong group who’d gained promotion together and never dropped their heads. 

Basically I’m seeing the complete opposite which is down to poor management, he clearly doesn’t have the players on side yet Pearson always did. 

That is the difference I think. 

Spot on

• Like 1