Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest Mee-9

Puel Gone - Official

39 minutes ago, NotTheMarketLeader said:

Exactly.

What a ****ing needless waste of time.

The news that there is no plan for his successor concerns but doesn’t surprise me. How on earth have the people at the club not seen this coming really baffles me. 

Apart from fluking the Ranieri appointment I’m not sure anyone in the higher echelons at LCFC has any idea on how to select a mananger for this club.

Yes pretty much this.

I dread these times. Seem to spend a load of time getting rebuffed, then give it to the first person that actually wants the job.

4 minutes ago, Stoopid said:

Agree with that ( though as has been pointed out, Pleat didn't divide supporters - EVERYBODY hated him!)

Martin George & Brian Little heralded  good times for us. Let's hope for a similar revival now. I'm optimistic - we've got some great young players. With the right man in charge we could be in for a few good years.

To be fair, at the outset Pleat did a good job, and we played some decent football with the likes of Weir, Cross, Newell and McAllister. It all went pear shaped later on

Just now, TonyN11 said:

The only person I want from Celtic in the summer is Benkovic, back from his loan spell. Then we can release the overrated Maguire

Totally agree. He's a defender in the Kyle Walker class - poor. Grab £60m and spend on someone who just likes defending

Had to happen, embarrassing yesterday. Did a job with the squad that needed doing and has left us in a better place than when we he started with us. I’d be happy be with Appleton until the summer and then Rodgers. Wonder if someone like Hiddink might be interested for the rest of the season anyone but Moyes/Hughes/Fat Sam

6 minutes ago, 49er said:

The youth that he used were products of the academy - Barnes, Chilwell, Choudhury - who would have been playing in the first team, so why does Puel get the credit for this? 

Because nobody was calling for them to be used before he did. Most on here wanted Chilwell sent on loan ffs.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Mehrez said:

Had to happen, embarrassing yesterday. Did a job with the squad that needed doing and has left us in a better place than when we he started with us. I’d be happy be with Appleton until the summer and then Rodgers. Wonder if someone like Hiddink might be interested for the rest of the season anyone but Moyes/Hughes/Fat Sam

Think about that?

we are Leicester city ...... a provincial club in the middle of nowhere 

a mid table side ......  oozing with ‘potential’ ...... not a job for an  experienced top class man to fill in for a few months ........... 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, 49er said:

To be fair, at the outset Pleat did a good job, and we played some decent football with the likes of Weir, Cross, Newell and McAllister. It all went pear shaped later on

Yeah but that's why I singled McLintock out. He never had a decent period & looked lost from the start. (Incidentally, Pleat couldn't really recover from the Gary Mac sale, and he squandered the money).

11 minutes ago, Mehrez said:

Heaven forbid he ever goes on a diet

Slim Sam just doesn’t have the same ring about it 

Damn. A setback to my wicked plan to see us revive third tier glory days.

I’d have gotten away with it too, were it not for you meddlesome, booing, heckling, chanting “Puel out” kids.

Edited by Daggers