Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest Mee-9

Puel Gone - Official

Understandable.

I keep thinking back to Christmas. Hamza, Ndidi and Mendy were providing the defensive solidarity we need. But we were hardly an exciting attacking team. Then Puel seemed to cave to pressure to play attacking football against Wolves. And it was downhill from there.

I hope our academy doesn't suffer under our next manager.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Beechey said:

I'll recognise the shift he put in, he's properly cleared out the deadwood and refreshed our squad with young faces. Shame it didn't work, but maybe he's just best for French football.

I hope we get someone in to continue that work.

Best of luck, Claude.

I’ll mirror the sentiment he did oversee important changes, that needed to be made. And the use of youth to the extent is something that is unrivalled at this level in this day and age. Something to be proud of and I hope a legacy that continues. 

However, it was painfully obvious that his system didn’t work, he was far to cautious and inflexible in his approach to adapt with the players we CURRENTLY have, no plan b, poor man management skills non existent. I hoped he’d of adapted implementing his own changes and in time his true system would have eventually evolved but alas he wasn’t gonna change. 

The wrong manager at the wrong time at the wrong club.

Thanks for allowing more youngsters to play in the first team, but the football on show and the results have been mostly terrible.

Six games without a win.

Losing against Newport in the cup, in front of a live TV audience.

Uninspiring football at times.

Lack of goals.

4-2-3-bloody-1.

Overcomplicated build-up in matches.

Fatal persistence with your favourites within the squad (Mendy, Ndidi, Ghezzal, Morgan to some extent).

Lack of motivational skills.

Tactically not flexible enough (no plan B).

Dull public persona.

No connection with the fans at any given point during his tenure (keeping his distance).

Platitudes and excuses in front of the camera.

Getting the sack is the only logical consequence.

All the best back in France - you're just not made for the Premier League. Sorry.

Edited by MC Prussian
  • Like 3

I wasn't a fan but I take no pleasure in someone losing his/her job.

Good luck to him in the future.

Where we go from here who knows. I'm afraid I don't have much confidence in our senior management to appoint the right person, their track record is more misses than hits.

• Like 1