Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Gerard

Brendan Rodgers

I think he's going to snub us if being honest, I reckon cause he's managed both Liverpool and Celtic, he considers himself a top four manager. I just feel he's overrated, yeah people say he did a good job at Swansea and getting Liverpool second, but lets not forget he's had plenty of failures aswell. It didn't quite work out at Reading he was out within four months, Liverpool lets face it he probably threw away the title, after that they slowly fell apart, I don't think he could handle the high ego players. Celtic I mean come on, it's a big club playing in a pub league. He went there for an easy ride, I would have been more impressed if he went abroad and managed. Another thing to take note a lot of recent managers that have left Celtic to come to manage a English club of late hasn't worked out well. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

I think he's going to snub us if being honest, I reckon cause he's managed both Liverpool and Celtic, he considers himself a top four manager. I just feel he's overrated, yeah people say he did a good job at Swansea and getting Liverpool second, but lets not forget he's had plenty of failures aswell. It didn't quite work out at Reading he was out within four months, Liverpool lets face it he probably threw away the title, after that they slowly fell apart, I don't think he could handle the high ego players. Celtic I mean come on, it's a big club playing in a pub league. He went there for an easy ride, I would have been more impressed if he went abroad and managed. Another thing to take note a lot of recent managers that have left Celtic to come to manage a English club of late hasn't worked out well. 

Hmm I don't agree about Liverpool. I think Gerrard's slip cost them more than Rodgers did. I can't think what Rodgers could have done differently that season actually. Very impressive performances and he was very very close to being an EPL winner.

40 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Shame Dyche has ruled himself out.

I reckon he’d have been a great fit for City

The time for Dyche was after Pearson went (thankfully we didn't though) as he was as close to Nigel as you could have got IMO. We've moved too far away from his style now IMO. Does anyone really want to watch balls pumped into the box from deep to two big men and really defensive football. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

The time for Dyche was after Pearson went (thankfully we didn't though) as he was as close to Nigel as you could have got IMO. We've moved too far away from his style now IMO. Does anyone really want to watch balls pumped into the box from deep to two big men and really defensive football. 

Puel football = boring, get Dyche in. FT logic. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I didn’t see that against Spurs at the weekend especially in the second half. I saw a well drilled side, with every player knowing their role, beating a decent Tottenham outfit.

I don’t think Dyche gets enough credit personally.

But it’s all academic anyway.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

I didn’t see that against Spurs at the weekend especially in the second half. I saw a well drilled side, with every player knowing their role, beating a decent Tottenham outfit.

I don’t think Dyche gets enough credit personally.

But it’s all academic anyway.

30% Possession, half the shots we had at Spurs... they are as defensive as they come. 

• Thanks 1

Rodgers would be decent in my opinion. He has ambition to be a top 4 manager again in the Premier League - but not one of them would been consider him. Our setup, owners, squad would be a good fit for him. Do well with us and the doors might open for him. Win win. More likely win, draw, lose, win etc etc. 

4 minutes ago, Fosse93 said:

Jesus lol

Honestly, true story. Spent the first half moaning about how boring Puel’s football was every time we didn’t pass forward, then shamelessly announced in the second half they’d be happy with Dyche grinding out 0 0s cos watching dull football didn’t bother them. I promise you I have not embellished that in any way. ?

Edited by Nickfosse
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Nickfosse said:

Honestly, true story. Spent the first half moaning about how boring Puel’s football was every time we didn’t pass forward, then shamelessly announced in the second half they’d be happy with Dyche grinding out 0 0s cos watching dull football didn’t bother them. I promise you I have not embellished that in any way. ?

That's fans full stop. The only entertaining football is winning football.

If Dyche structured our team in a way that won all home matches 1-0 and draw all.away 0-0, our fans (me included) would be thoroughly entertained

• Like 2

2 hours ago, smr said:

Hmm I don't agree about Liverpool. I think Gerrard's slip cost them more than Rodgers did. I can't think what Rodgers could have done differently that season actually. Very impressive performances and he was very very close to being an EPL winner.

tbh Liverpool had a goal ruled out at Man City i think that was clearly onside and they drew that match, that cost them more than the slip, since they lost the league by a couple of points i think.

tbh even if we get Rodgers, some of our fans will already have the bloody daggers out for him, as they did with Puel

2 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

I give everybody a chance..He'll get my support...but it's that last sentence that worries me a bit. But if he can bring us to our level (not top 4) and he could do a decent job in taking us into that next level of performing,with decent lengthy runs,that can excite the crowd on more occasions than not...

then we go from there....

33 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Would anyone have Paulo Sousa back?

Over Rodgers definitely. Although, I'd sooner have Ricky Gervais in charge than that David Brent wannabe. Seriously though he's had a reasonable career elsewhere, just didn't work here - tried to change too much too soon, we're a far better match for him now than we were then

Rodgers for me is one of those unpleasant managers that believe they command a higher intellect. 

His wistful, enigmatic, pull-no-punches style is a sham. He's part Mourinho, part Pearson and part Tim Sherwood. All think they are smarter than they really are.

I prefer straight shooters. Dyche, Hughton, Wagner. That type of uncomplicated bloke

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

are you impressed with David Moyes then? he went to Spain, did crap there but he managed there......

have to admit i was always impressed when he was at Swansea and he did well at Liverpool on the whole,