Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Gerard

Brendan Rodgers

1 minute ago, Nickfosse said:

Iirc Didn’t @UpTheLeagueFox say that Rogers himself was behind the reports last summer linking us with him?

in which case I’d imagine he’d be keen to come now. Apologies if I’ve remembered that wrongly. 

Rodgers was trying to get money from his board for transfers ......

Strange  to see so many managers today asked about links to the job and none of them said they weren’t interested ....

I guess doing that would potentially stop their currently owners wheeling out an improved contract  for them ..... the days of saying ‘not for me’ are long gone. 

• Like 1

Just now, jet64 said:

According to David Seaman on SKY SPORTS debate this evening Leicester fans should be happy with mid- table so as long as our next manager achieves that we’ll be fine hey? ??

one of the journos on five live had a go at Sutton for saying  this earlier . What’s wrong with ambition ..... someone has to finish seventh and possibly challenge sixth ......

i dont get why some pundits cant work this out .....

• Like 2

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

Rodgers was trying to get money from his board for transfers ......

Strange  to see so many managers today asked about links to the job and none of them said they weren’t interested ....

I guess doing that would potentially stop their currently owners wheeling out an improved contract  for them ..... the days of saying ‘not for me’ are long gone. 

That’s a very good point. 

3 minutes ago, Hollyfox said:

You can call him what you like, then when he fails, you can say you were right all along. 

Nice one??

He might just surprise you. 

He might, and hopefully he does (and sorts himself out - really don't take to arrogant bellends) but let's be honest - he'll fail, like Puel did, like Shakespeare did, like Ranieri did second season: the problems run deeper than the manager. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

He might, and hopefully he does (and sorts himself out - really don't take to arrogant bellends) but let's be honest - he'll fail, like Puel did, like Shakespeare did, like Ranieri did second season: the problems run deeper than the manager. 

Every day is like Sunday. 

Every day is silent and grey. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

one of the journos on five live had a go at Sutton for saying  this earlier . What’s wrong with ambition ..... someone has to finish seventh and possibly challenge sixth ......

i dont get why some pundits cant work this out .....

Does anyone have a link to this?

Where did they drag out David Seaman from? They must have a list of the worlds biggest dunces or something? Why do the likes of the BBC and Sky continue to employ the biggest bunch of thick brain dead cretins the world has ever seen. David Seaman can hardly string a sentence together. He can piss off. 

Edited by Master Fox
  • Haha 1

Let's be honest - what can you prove as a manager at Celtic???

Win the league? - check

Win the Cup? - check

Win the League Cup? - check

Set some record for games unbeaten/won or whatever? - check

Have a season to remember in Europe? - this is the big one... fail

(MON got to the UEFA Cup final & has set the recent historical standard, but its not going to happen this year & it starts to become pretty silly to have to keep waiting for that 1 competition to come round again.)

So why not ask the question - now or never? They are out of Europe: winning the league or cup again isn't really going to prove anything more - so if they do want him, quite clever to just go for it.

(This is in no way intended to be an endorsement or otherwise of Rogers - the guy gives me the creeps - just an observation about the viewpoints of the 2 sides)

4 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

May as well just fold now then ey. 

I dont necessarily disagree with what you’ve said there to be honest, but those problems will have to be sorted out by somebody, and in my opinion, that means a big old clear out of personel. Who’s to say the new manager, whoever it may be, won’t be the person to do that?  

4 minutes ago, Master Fox said:

Does anyone have a link to this?

Where did they drag out David Seaman from? They must have a list of the worlds biggest dunces or something? Why do the likes of the BBC and Sky continue to employ the biggest bunch thick brain dead cretins the world has ever seen? David Seaman can hardly string a sentence together. He can piss off. 

4 minutes ago, EnderbyFox said:

The bloke is a living embodiment of David Brent and I can't bloody wait 

Viva la Rodgers 

“If you were to ask me to name 3 footballing geniuses, I probably wouldn’t say Messi, Ronaldo. You know. I’d go Maddison Ricardo Vardy....... Tielemans.”

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Manini said:

May as well just fold now then ey. 

I dont necessarily disagree with what you’ve said there to be honest, but those problems will have to be sorted out by somebody, and in my opinion, that means a big old clear out of personel. Who’s to say the new manager, whoever it may be, won’t be the person to do that?  

It does need a big clear out, which is what Puel was undertaking and why I backed him til the end, but I think it's a bigger fight and one no manager we could possibly attract will win - because they've got to bomb out Vardy and Schmeichel as well (they hold too much power at the club). It'll become manager vs players and fans again before the problem is fixed, and I think the only manager that could survive something like that is a legendary name like Guardiola or Ancelotti, who wouldn't come here.

24 minutes ago, jet64 said:

According to David Seaman on SKY SPORTS debate this evening Leicester fans should be happy with mid- table so as long as our next manager achieves that we’ll be fine hey? ??

everyone underestimating us again, you know what that means...

2 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

It does need a big clear out, which is what Puel was undertaking and why I backed him til the end, but I think it's a bigger fight and one no manager we could possibly attract will win - because they've got to bomb out Vardy and Schmeichel as well (they hold too much power at the club). It'll become manager vs players and fans again before the problem is fixed, and I think the only manager that could survive something like that is a legendary name like Guardiola or Ancelotti, who wouldn't come here.

I know I’m talking in hypotheticals here but why don’t you see anybody being able to come in and get on the players side? Why are Vardy and Kasper now destined to always be against the manager? Let’s be honest right, Claudio was a bit of a senile old man (no disrespect intended I love the bloke but he really did remind me of my Italian grandad it was uncanny) really, Shakespeare, no matter how much he got on with the players, didn’t know how to set up a top flight premier league team on his own and Puel couldn’t speak English to a very good level, thus not being able to engage with his players.....all reasons why players COULD lose respect and or interest in the person they’re taking orders from - yes I know they’re paid x ammount of money so they should do this and that but they’re human beings at the end of the day, and human beings have to be stimulated to some sort of degree in order to perform, regardless of cash the cash means nothing to them they’re all mega rich anyway. 

There’s nothing to suggest that a manager can’t come in and get these players bought in to what he’s trying to do. Fair enough if in your opinion you don’t think Rodgers is that bloke but I’m certain that somebody will be able to get this team playing, regardless of player power and what not. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

I think both Vards and Kasp have been absolute legends for the team and their legacy will live on but if they truly are the problem in us progressing then I have no problem with them going. Vardy is 32 now so it will be happening sometime in the not so distant future and I can’t imagine we bought the most expensive reserve keeper to keep him reserve for ever. 

I think at the end of the season things will look so different with Fuchs, Simmo, Wes, Oka and possibly Kasp going.

No disrespect to any of them, I love Fuchs to bits but times they are a changing. 

1 minute ago, Manini said:

I know I’m talking in hypotheticals here but why don’t you see anybody being able to come in and get on the players side? Why are Vardy and Kasper now destined to always be against the manager? Let’s be honest right, Claudio was a bit of a senile old man (no disrespect intended I love the bloke but he really did remind me of my Italian grandad it was uncanny) really, Shakespeare, no matter how much he got on with the players, didn’t know how to set up a top flight premier league team on his own and Puel couldn’t speak English to a very good level, thus not being able to engage with his players.....all reasons why players COULD lose respect and or interest in the person they’re taking orders from - yes I know they’re paid x ammount of money so they should do this and that but they’re human beings at the end of the day, and human beings have to be stimulated to some sort of degree in order to perform, regardless of cash the cash means nothing to them they’re all mega rich anyway. 

There’s nothing to suggest that a manager can’t come in and get these players bought in to what he’s trying to do. Fair enough if in your opinion you don’t think Rodgers is that bloke but I’m certain that somebody will be able to get this team playing, regardless of player power and what not. 

I think they'd be against any manager that tried to progress us, because progressing means moving away from the set up that they were integral to, and ultimately away from them, neither are spring chickens. It's self preservation and I think something most of us will have been guilty of ourselves.