Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bob Weasel Fox

Watford (A) pre match thread

20 hours ago, Danny Clender said:

Perhaps he'll go 4-4-2 and bang on about Pizza's and Bells.

If not, safe.

Schmeichel

Ricardo Evans Maguire Chilwell

Tielemans Ndidi

Gray Maddison Barnes

Vardy

Or, mayhem. 

Schmeichel 

Evans Morgan Maguire 

Choudhury

Ricardo Maddison Tielemans Chilwell

Vardy Barnes 

I vote mayhem.

3 at the back=tick. Vardy Barnes=tick. Choudhury in=tick. 6 in attack= tick.

No midfield= not so sure.

Still would be a right laugh.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

We all got tired of the double pivot but we have looked so vulnerable without it. It's not surprising as even my 10 year old pointed out that all of our defenders (except Evans) love bombing forward, 2 of our 3 central midfielders are focused on creating rather than tackling and tracking runners, and Barnes and Gray are not the type to track back a lot to help the defence, as Albrighton does. With these personnel we look dangerous going forward but rarely appear in control of games, even when we dominate possession as we did against Palace. It's a conundrum for Brendan as replacing Tielemans or Maddison with Mendy may leave Vardy even more isolated. 

I agree, and it goes back to Hamza for me, as he's obviously a DM, but he is still more attack minded and not scared to get forward. It's funny because the end of last season we were saying 'all we need is a good number 10'. We get that, then it's 'all we need is a good creative midfielder'...steps in Tielemans. I think actually what we need is a manager who can get the right tactics. 

Personally I think I would go

Kasper

Ricardo Evans Maguire Chilwell

Hamza Ndidi Tielemans

Maddison  Barnes

Vardy

I haven't got a clue what he'll do. I just want him to get Barnes to be able to shoot and cross properly as as soon as he does it'll be pure sauce. He also wanted Gray when at Liverpool so he is going to be in for some inspiring conversations. This season was over for me and now it's back with a bang. Bring it on.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I haven't got a clue what he'll do. I just want him to get Barnes to be able to shoot and cross properly as as soon as he does it'll be pure sauce. He also wanted Gray when at Liverpool so he is going to be in for some inspiring conversations. This season was over for me and now it's back with a bang. Bring it on.

Same. I'm actually looking forward to the rest of the season now. 

Before we sacked Puel I wasn't bothered if it ended tomorrow. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

Conceded 8 in our last 3 games, should have conceded more against Brighton. We need to sort out our defending and covering because at the minute we're giving away so many easy chances they could put us away with ease. Going forward we look nice and bright and you'd think we'll create as well, but we can't keep letting teams have easy chances and goals. It's exactly why we played with two DM's and you could see the impact of Mendy against Brighton when he came on.

You're right, I thought Mendy was excellent when he came on. We could do easily have lost but for Brightons poor finishing.

I still think we need a more physical presence in midfield failing that I'd get Choudry in there.

The reason we're conceding so many is because we're letting teams get right into our box. We need to stop them further up field. Which is why we need 3 in midfield.

1 minute ago, aefevans said:

Last night we conceded five goals. On Friday night, we scored five goals. Come ready for anything on Sunday.

Wolves and Palace were extremely freak results. We're generally pretty stubborn defensively, ain't anyone scoring five goals. 

2 hours ago, FoxFossil said:

I vote mayhem.

3 at the back=tick. Vardy Barnes=tick. Choudhury in=tick. 6 in attack= tick.

No midfield= not so sure.

Still would be a right laugh.

Thanks. 

Sadly just having a good old fashioned "right laugh" is a philosophy so overlooked in football these days. 

I think Rodgers would be willing to go 3 at the back, see if it helps are defensive frailties. Problem is it would be hard to fit Gray/Barnes/Vardy in to a 352. 

Potentially use a 343 but then Maddison probably misses out.

Kasper

Soyuncu

Evans

Maguire

Ricardo

Ndidi

Tielemans

Chilwell

Gray

Vardy

Barnes 

9 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

I think Rodgers would be willing to go 3 at the back, see if it helps are defensive frailties. Problem is it would be hard to fit Gray/Barnes/Vardy in to a 352. 

Potentially use a 343 but then Maddison probably misses out.

Kasper

Soyuncu

Evans

Maguire

Ricardo

Ndidi

Tielemans

Chilwell

Gray

Vardy

Barnes 

We've conceded 39 goals. Hardly frail.

Looking forward to seeing how Rodgers sets up and who he picks. I can see players like Iheanacho starting. Rodgers will want to try and psychologically give players on the fringe of the last regime a timely boost. That feel good factor, instantly gaining the managers respect. Roll on the weekend Will be a tough game and will quite happily take a point but no reason why we cant push for the 3 points