Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bob Weasel Fox

Watford (A) pre match thread

Hard to call.

Our last two performances at home haven't been brilliant, but we seem to play better away. They will be looking to bounce back from their mauling at Anfield, we hopefully will get a new manager bounce.

Hoping for a win, would be happy with a point.

2 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

I assume you have erased the playoff game from memory. Think our record is slightly negative/average recently.

PL lost 2-1 last 2 games. Won 1-0 before that. Championship won 3-0 the season after that playoff game. I went there and we lost 2-1 in the Championship recently too. Could be worse, thinking a draw today.

winner off de vries’ arse would do us fine again ............

10 hours ago, murphy said:

The full backs are supposed to work in tandem with the wide players creating an overload.  Vardy is not alone against 4 defenders.  We have a front 3 plus 1 backed up by full backs.

How, after 16 months can you still not understand the set up?

Hate to tell you this but Rogers prefers 4-2-3-1 possession football too.

Oh I do understand the theory.

I also understand is that it didn’t work under Puel. 

Do YOU understand that after 16 months or not? 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, nwl fox said:

I'm nervous about the backlash from Celtic fans if we get beat today tbh, feels like there's way more pressure on this game than there should be because of all the hype and build up... 

Why would we care about Celtic fans? Unless you’re standing next to one of course.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Why would we care about Celtic fans? Unless you’re standing next to one of course.

Because they will be all over our social media spouting shit, they don't need to be physically next to you to get on your tits! 

...today a new era begins. Finally a real football manager. Finally a real football teacher. I'm sure, he will develop our young players on the training ground and in positive conversations. Too bad about the last 17 months, a lost and wasted time..

Good luck for Brendan Rodgers and his lads. Here we go FOXES  :scarf:

Edited by mucfox
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

I'm terrible at predictions, but I think we might well lose today. 

Watford are having a great season and on their day can cause plenty of trouble for anyone. 

Our win in the week masked an iffy performance.  If Murray had been wearing his shooting boots we could easily have lost that game. 

Rodgers has been around about 5 minutes. Hardly enough time to address some of our problems. 

I hope there's a bounce. I hope the manager has spotted and fixed some issues already. 

But let's keep some perspective if we don't win today. 

Feel free to rub my nose in it if we do win.  I'll be delighted. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, LinekersApples said:

We'll do a lot of high pressing

Would love to see the old Vardy, pressing like a maniac at every opportunity...

I think the high press is exactly what we’re missing. We need that intensity, grit and aggression to make a difference. 

Hopefully Vardy will lead the way and show the rest of the team how it’s done. 

14 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

I'm terrible at predictions, but I think we might well lose today. 

Watford are having a great season and on their day can cause plenty of trouble for anyone. 

Our win in the week masked an iffy performance.  If Murray had been wearing his shooting boots we could easily have lost that game. 

Rodgers has been around about 5 minutes. Hardly enough time to address some of our problems. 

I hope there's a bounce. I hope the manager has spotted and fixed some issues already. 

But let's keep some perspective if we don't win today. 

Feel free to rub my nose in it if we do win.  I'll be delighted. 

To be fair that last win did mask an iffy performance but there have been plenty of losses lately masking some very good performances.  We all know what this team is capable of.  

1 hour ago, nwl fox said:

Because they will be all over our social media spouting shit, they don't need to be physically next to you to get on your tits! 

I couldn't give a flying **** what they think.

Does it really bother you what some sweaties think?

Perhaps you should follow another sport ;)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, foxes21 said:

Would love to see the old Vardy, pressing like a maniac at every opportunity...

I think the high press is exactly what we’re missing. We need that intensity, grit and aggression to make a difference. 

Hopefully Vardy will lead the way and show the rest of the team how it’s done. 

Whilst this will come in time I’m not sure we’ll see it today. Pressing isn’t just about the individual but the team. We know Vardy will press but we need Gray, Barnes and even the deeper players like Maddison and Tielemans to do it too. Successful pressing involves blocking the short passing option a defender has causing them to play it long where our CBs and Ndidi can win it and get us playing. 

From a tactical perspective the last 10 games will be very interesting, but I expect Rodgers will want at least one player in the summer to truly implement the system he wants.