Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bob Weasel Fox

Watford (A) pre match thread

18 hours ago, tamil fox said:

Schmeichel 

Evans Morgan Maguire 

Ricardo Ndidi   Tielemans Chilwell

Maddison  Barnes

Vardy      

or

Schmeichel 

Evans Morgan Maguire 

Ricardo Ndidi   Tielemans Chilwell

Gray  Maddison  Barnes

I'll take all 22..even if they are twins.:rolleyes:...whoops!!

2 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Is that due to personnel or formation?

Personnel. Our defensive shape will never be any good while we are playing our full backs so high up and Maguire has such poor tactical discipline. We can't have three defenders so far up the pitch, someone needs to help out the lone defender.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 27/02/2019 at 17:19, oxford blue said:

To win this game we will need to control midfield, where Watford are particularly strong. Doucoure, Capoue.Peyeyra (if on form) are particularly strong and Hughes is also a decent player.  I would start Ndidi and Choudury (or Mendy)  in defensive midfield roles, the latter in place of either Gray or Maddison compared with team v Brighton.

On 28/02/2019 at 09:23, rachhere said:

I agree, and it goes back to Hamza for me, as he's obviously a DM, but he is still more attack minded and not scared to get forward. It's funny because the end of last season we were saying 'all we need is a good number 10'. We get that, then it's 'all we need is a good creative midfielder'...steps in Tielemans. I think actually what we need is a manager who can get the right tactics. 

Personally I think I would go

Kasper

Ricardo Evans Maguire Chilwell

Hamza Ndidi Tielemans

Maddison  Barnes

Vardy

We agree. See my earlier post on 27th. 

This game is Rodgers first return to Watford since he was manager, who has still to win his first game in charge of an English club (4 clubs). I'm hopeful this will be his first win; really looking forwad to this game

I don't expect a major overhaul. I could see 4-2-3-1 becoming 4-3-3 based on the comments on a more intense team defending. I would expect two banks of 3 doing a lot of closing down from the front and us looking to counter. 

Kasper

Ricardo       Evans     Maguire    Chilwell 

Choudhury   Tielemans   Ndidi

Gray          Vardy        Barnes

Subs: Ward, Fuchs, Morgan, Maddison, Ghezzal, Mendy, Iheanacho 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Gazza M said:

I don't expect a major overhaul. I could see 4-2-3-1 becoming 4-3-3 based on the comments on a more intense team defending. I would expect two banks of 3 doing a lot of closing down from the front and us looking to counter. 

Kasper

Ricardo       Evans     Maguire    Chilwell 

Choudhury   Tielemans   Ndidi

Gray          Vardy        Barnes

Subs: Ward, Fuchs, Morgan, Maddison, Ghezzal, Mendy, Iheanacho 

I want this, or a 4-3-1-2 with Barnes and Vardy up top

2 minutes ago, Corky said:

Doubt he'll change too much. Reckon we'll start with the same side (which is probably our best current team) and hopefully start on the front foot as we did against Brighton.

I agree. At the very most I think he might play Mendy instead of Maddison with Tielemans playing the no.10 role. 

15 minutes ago, trabuch said:

I haven't looked forward to one of our matches as much as this for a couple of years. I'll brace myself for the inevitable let down!

I haven't been able to watch a match with a group of fellow LCFC supporters since PSG back in Summer 2016! Will be able to see it with the New York Foxes tomorrow. My emotions are similar - as are my reservations.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, UPinCarolina said:

I haven't been able to watch a match with a group of fellow LCFC supporters since PSG back in Summer 2016! Will be able to see it with the New York Foxes tomorrow. My emotions are similar - as are my reservations.

Beers for breakfast?

• Haha 2

Surprised to see the team aren’t staying at The Grove ...... must be saving up for Brendan’s targets ........

and if if we win tomorrow , i’ll take a little bit of credit for holding up the traffic to allow the coach to reverse into their hotel !   That half a minute extra to relax before dinner will be crucial ! 

• Haha 1

On 01/03/2019 at 15:08, dyanmark said:

I played a bit of footy and if you are trying to get on the end of a cross it is very unlikely that the three defenders between you and the ball are going to miss it and let you head it gently into the net.Watching us all season we Vardy and co seem to think that may happen.we do need to get in front of the man or go for he cut back plenty of cross situations and not making the best of them

That's true but you also have to time your run in and anticipate the best position. Especially if you're 6'1 feet tall. I knew some strikers who were particularly good at that without being a Lukaku type. 

Of course it also supposes a good crosser of the ball.

58 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

I agree. At the very most I think he might play Mendy instead of Maddison with Tielemans playing the no.10 role. 

I hope he doesn't replace Maddison With anyone, least of all Mendy. He's still the most creative player we've got. What's the point of defending for 90mins. We are not getting relegated. We need to go all out to finish as high as possible