Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bob Weasel Fox

Watford (A) pre match thread

54 minutes ago, Danny Clender said:

Perhaps he'll go 4-4-2 and bang on about Pizza's and Bells.

If not, safe.

Schmeichel

Ricardo Evans Maguire Chilwell

Tielemans Ndidi

Gray Maddison Barnes

Vardy

Or, mayhem. 

Schmeichel 

Evans Morgan Maguire 

Choudhury

Ricardo Maddison Tielemans Chilwell

Vardy Barnes 

I vote mayhem.

• Haha 1

With a new manager, I wonder who from outside the recent starting 11 will make a comeback or step up?

Okazaki

Simpson

Fuchs

Slimani (next season)

Silva (next season)

Soyuncu

Hamza

James

King

Albrington (from injuries)

Amartey (from injuries)

Benkovic (on loan at Celtics)

Nachos

to name a few ...

I personally think there could be a chance for Fuchs, Silva, Albrington, Hamza, Benkovic and possibly Slimani.

Thoughts?

11 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

With a new manager, I wonder who from outside the recent starting 11 will make a comeback or step up?

Okazaki

Simpson

Fuchs

Slimani (next season)

Silva (next season)

Soyuncu

Hamza

James

King

Albrington (from injuries)

Amartey (from injuries)

Benkovic (on loan at Celtics)

Nachos

to name a few ...

I personally think there could be a chance for Fuchs, Silva, Albrington, Hamza, Benkovic and possibly Slimani.

Thoughts?

Not a chance with Fuchs, he wants to be with family in the US and would already be if he didn't get a contract extension cause we won the league.

As for the others, I doubt simpson, James and Shinji will, the others less certain about.

17 hours ago, Bats8711 said:

I've posted this on the ticket forum, but I'm coming with my wife from the States to see this game and need 2 tix! 

Please please let me know if you or anybody you know has any extras.  will take singles. 

thanks!

If you don't have a Leicester address, why not just buy one and sit in the home end?

It's never going to sell out.

Just now, Stuntman_Mike said:

If you don't have a Leicester address, why not just buy one and sit in the home end?

It's never going to sell out.

Yes - I saw there are regular tix avail but I wanna sit with all of you wonderful people in the away end!

I have a lead, trying to lock it in now

regular tix are a fallback of course but like - are you allowed to be an away fan in the home sections?  when barnes bags his hat trick will I be able to celebrate without getting tossed or punched?

To win this game we will need to control midfield, where Watford are particularly strong. Doucoure, Capoue.Peyeyra (if on form) are particularly strong and Hughes is also a decent player.  I would start Ndidi and Choudury (or Mendy)  in defensive midfield roles, the latter in place of either Gray or Maddison compared with team v Brighton.

7 hours ago, Danny Clender said:

Perhaps he'll go 4-4-2 and bang on about Pizza's and Bells.

If not, safe.

Schmeichel

Ricardo Evans Maguire Chilwell

Tielemans Ndidi

Gray Maddison Barnes

Vardy

Or, mayhem. 

Schmeichel 

Evans Morgan Maguire 

Choudhury

Ricardo Maddison Tielemans Chilwell

Vardy Barnes 

Wow, mayhem looks full of goals ! Liking that. 

• Like 2

Well we always get hammered by Liverpool so not sure what to read into this game - and tbh we haven't looked like a team who would go and score 5 away from home either!

Our performances have been quite patchy and Ben Foster has been outstanding in most games this calendar year.

I'd go for a draw or narrow win either way.

Conceded 8 in our last 3 games, should have conceded more against Brighton. We need to sort out our defending and covering because at the minute we're giving away so many easy chances they could put us away with ease. Going forward we look nice and bright and you'd think we'll create as well, but we can't keep letting teams have easy chances and goals. It's exactly why we played with two DM's and you could see the impact of Mendy against Brighton when he came on.

We all got tired of the double pivot but we have looked so vulnerable without it. It's not surprising as even my 10 year old pointed out that all of our defenders (except Evans) love bombing forward, 2 of our 3 central midfielders are focused on creating rather than tackling and tracking runners, and Barnes and Gray are not the type to track back a lot to help the defence, as Albrighton does. With these personnel we look dangerous going forward but rarely appear in control of games, even when we dominate possession as we did against Palace. It's a conundrum for Brendan as replacing Tielemans or Maddison with Mendy may leave Vardy even more isolated.