Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Tielemans

1 hour ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

It says he was offered to Spurs in January. They must have turned the opportunity down. I would have thought he would know this already if that is the case. Doubt then he will choose to go there. 

He wanted to play ....if they said he would be behind eriksen in their playing plans then and his people said he would only come if they could guarantee significant playing time then maybe that’s why they turned him down. If eriksen leaves then dynamics change 

• Like 1

Easy really, comes here to play with clauses in contract allowing him to leave to any CL club whenever they come calling. His choice. Gets to play some more, show his abilities more consistently, then off to Arsenal, Chelsea etc. 

• Like 1

He’s hardly gonna say in an interview yes I’m desperate to play here next year and lower his chances of getting bigger wages. Also if we don’t make an offer Monaco accepts then he has to go back after publicly stating he’s desperate to leave. Wouldn’t read much into his ‘we’ll see’ comments 

His whole body language and demeanor tells me he's loving it here, watch the tunnel cam for the Arsenal game and as the teams are lined up to go out, he starts at Kasper and hugs every member of the team.  If we pay Monaco what they want and Brendan can sell him top six and European football, he's ours.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

If Tielemans stays here I think he could go on and become one of the best players in the league. He fits our style of play, just look at the output already.

I think that will bode well in our favour too, he knows if he comes back, he's going to be the centerpiece of our side. I wouldn't even be that fussed if he went on to use us as a stepping stone to join a bigger club (Barcelona et al) in a few years time as that's where his career is probably going to lead him to. 

3 hours ago, st albans fox said:

He wanted to play ....if they said he would be behind eriksen in their playing plans then and his people said he would only come if they could guarantee significant playing time then maybe that’s why they turned him down. If eriksen leaves then dynamics change 

Seems to be on the Spurs forum that Pocchetino said he didn’t want him

12 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Seems to be on the Spurs forum that Pocchetino said he didn’t want him

He didn't want to develop Monaco's youngster for them without an option to buy included, which is fair enough. Doesn't mean they won't be in for him, now that we've helped develop him instead.

I was also one of those not terribly keen on this loan without an option. But really it depends what happens in the summer. 

If he goes to Spurs, we'll have nicely developed him for Spurs' benefit and sacrificed Choudhury's potential game time and development for it.

If we get him but with a release clause, we might get £20m+ profit in a season although lifting our blanket ban on release clauses is not a good idea if new and existing players start insisting on it too.

If we get him permanently, the loan was a genius masterstroke that got him to fall in love with us.

Time will tell, no one knows what will happen yet. Not us, not Monaco, not Youri himself, and not his teammates. I'm sure our players are just as desperate as our fans to see him signed up.

• Like 2

He honestly seems thrilled to be here. I saw an interview with him and Vards and he almost giggled with delight when Vardy started talking about the fans singing about "signing him up."

Could be nothing. But with the Silva situation, the fact he was burned by a "big club " before and the obvious chemistry he has with his teammates I still think we are in pole position.  

I hope so, anyway!

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Tanya said:

He honestly seems thrilled to be here. I saw an interview with him and Vards and he almost giggled with delight when Vardy started talking about the fans singing about "signing him up."

Could be nothing. But with the Silva situation, the fact he was burned by a "big club " before and the obvious chemistry he has with his teammates I still think we are in pole position.  

I hope so, anyway!

Got a link to that interview? 

It's easy to say 'I don't care if it's £40m, just sign him' when you're a fan...

Realistically, that's £10m more than our record ever transfer, which we made after our most successful season ever.

Personally, I'm not convinced we'll have the money without selling first. The priority must be signing another forward to cover for when Vardy is injured next season in all honesty, and that will likely cost a good £20m at least.

Correct me if I'm wrong but our net transfer spend last summer was circa £25m in total, going down to £16m after selling Iborra.

Plus, it's cost us £7m or so to buy BR out of his contract, there's the training ground, maybe stadium expansion if it ever happpens, etc.

Would love it to happen though, don't get me wrong.

6 minutes ago, leicesterseddon said:

It's easy to say 'I don't care if it's £40m, just sign him' when you're a fan...

Realistically, that's £10m more than our record ever transfer, which we made after our most successful season ever.

Personally, I'm not convinced we'll have the money without selling first. The priority must be signing another forward to cover for when Vardy is injured next season in all honesty, and that will likely cost a good £20m at least.

Correct me if I'm wrong but our net transfer spend last summer was circa £25m in total, going down to £16m after selling Iborra.

Plus, it's cost us £7m or so to buy BR out of his contract, there's the training ground, maybe stadium expansion if it ever happpens, etc.

Would love it to happen though, don't get me wrong.

They happily chuffed up loads of dough before selling Mahrez last summer though. If we do need to sell to balance the books it doesn't mean we will wait until we have sold players before we buy. I think we would let Magurie go and may well try and engineer that to happen. If the proceeds from him cover Tielemans then that is the priority, we don't need that much surgery to the squad.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

You'd like to think if he was offered to Spurs in January, and they weren't interested, that would put him off talking to them now? No one likes knowing they were second choice. 

Or 3rd choice in Spurs case

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

They happily chuffed up loads of dough before selling Mahrez last summer though. If we do need to sell to balance the books it doesn't mean we will wait until we have sold players before we buy. I think we would let Magurie go and may well try and engineer that to happen. If the proceeds from him cover Tielemans then that is the priority, we don't need that much surgery to the squad.

That's true, but it was almost certain that Mahrez would leave last summer at some point. I'd say it's maybe a bit different with Maguire.

I would agree with you though that if selling Maguire is the price to pay for getting Tielemans, we should 100% go for it.

I still think our number transfer priorty overall should be a forward. Although obviously doesn't mean we couldn't sign Tielemans, but would make things tighter money-wise.

23 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Just thinking back to all those fans who said what was the point of us signing him without a permanent deal in place. I'd be interested to know if they still feel that way, especially given the heartbreak myself and many will no doubt feel if he doesn't join in the summer. Has his 3 goals and 5 assists been worth it in 11 games, or would you rather have had Mendy in there and it better to have never loved than to suffer such pain?

Whatever happens it's been an absolute pleasure watching this genius don our famous shirt and the bond he has built in such short time with the players, manager and fans gives us the best possible chance of signing him in the summer.

SENT TO US FROM HEAVEN

YOURI TIELEMANS

YOU'RE MY WORLD

I was scepitcal that we were just being used a showcase and the sad truth is that might still be the case, but he's been such a pleasure to watch this past few weeks that i just can't say it's been anything other than a superb signing. Was also worried he'd be another Renato Sanches but again I was wrong. Super player and an absolute mystery that he hasn't succeeded at Monaco.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, leicesterseddon said:

That's true, but it was almost certain that Mahrez would leave last summer at some point. I'd say it's maybe a bit different with Maguire.

I would agree with you though that if selling Maguire is the price to pay for getting Tielemans, we should 100% go for it.

I still think our number transfer priorty overall should be a forward. Although obviously doesn't mean we couldn't sign Tielemans, but would make things tighter money-wise.

We need a backup forward which is in no way as much a priority as Tielemans. Having said that, we will get Tielemans or someone with a similar skillset and we will get in a forward. Whether that's an out and out striker who will have to play back up or a winger (which Rodgers has also said we need) that can also operate successfully up front.

Real Madrid have allegedly listed basically half their squad on the transfer list. Hopefully Man U will be sniffing around the likes of Toni Kroos and Spurs will look at someone like Ceballos or Llorente. This is next level wishful thinking from me. I feel like we would offer higher wages than Spurs

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

Obviously doesn’t mean anything but interesting to see Tielemans is pictured 3 times including being on the cover of the season ticket Brochure for next season 

like hazard was pictured modelling the new Chelsea kit. granted that not having him in it would say so much more 

however, using youri on the  season ticket brochure cover is something that really isn't necessary for us to do so ………….

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

Obviously doesn’t mean anything but interesting to see Tielemans is pictured 3 times including being on the cover of the season ticket Brochure for next season 

He's in the membership one too. Interestingly no Harry Maguire though... is Big H in the season ticket brochure?